Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Great win for SPA. Very close game. Shots almost even. SPA goalie stood tall at the end. Five minute powerplay proved to be too much to overcome. Left the game impressed by both teams. SPA is FAST!

That might be a matchup we see at the X!

5-4 SPA in the end.
pats12

Post by pats12 »

MrGoalieBoy wrote:Huge matchup for Luverne tonight against SPA at home. Not sure how they will fair against them, will need good goalie play. Would love to hear some updates notTONIGHT!
SPA 5-4, shots 34-32 Luv. Clowns put on good side show though.
Teak

Post by Teak »

Kudos to St. Paul Academy for making the long drive down to Luverne for the matchup. Luverne has been taking long trips themselves to get better competition and it will pay dividends come Section play.

Was looking at the Le Sueur et. al score line from last night and saw that soph Declan Beers had 4 goals and 1 assist. Wow. The Luverne sophs are loaded: Nelson, Beers, Kruse, and Harder expected to put up big numbers again this season. Even if Nelson leaves early, Luverne will be competitive for several years to come, at least.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

Teak wrote:Was looking at the Le Sueur et. al score line from last night and saw that soph Declan Beers had 4 goals and 1 assist..
That's the Garretson, SD lad, right? Good pickup.
pats12

Post by pats12 »

It's very encouraging the way Luverne finished the game last night. They controlled play in the 3rd period with multiple quality scoring chances. Their conditioning level is vastly improved from last year. They wore down SPA with their size and physical play, which I didn't expect considering they had played less than 24 hours before.
Windmill31

Post by Windmill31 »

pats12 wrote:
MrGoalieBoy wrote:Huge matchup for Luverne tonight against SPA at home. Not sure how they will fair against them, will need good goalie play. Would love to hear some updates notTONIGHT!
shots 34-32 SPA****
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Windmill31 wrote:
pats12 wrote:
shots 34-32 SPA****
Windmill where was little McCabe? He playing in the Dub?
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

Teak wrote:Kudos to St. Paul Academy for making the long drive down to Luverne for the matchup. Luverne has been taking long trips themselves to get better competition and it will pay dividends come Section play.

Was looking at the Le Sueur et. al score line from last night and saw that soph Declan Beers had 4 goals and 1 assist. Wow. The Luverne sophs are loaded: Nelson, Beers, Kruse, and Harder expected to put up big numbers again this season. Even if Nelson leaves early, Luverne will be competitive for several years to come, at least.
Interesting that Beers played peewees as an 8th grader, while Nelson was on the varsity.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

InigoMontoya wrote:
Teak wrote:Kudos to St. Paul Academy for making the long drive down to Luverne for the matchup. Luverne has been taking long trips themselves to get better competition and it will pay dividends come Section play.

Interesting that Beers played peewees as an 8th grader, while Nelson was on the varsity.
I'm assuming your excellency means Bantams? But whichever... In a small town you do what you have to do to make the best teams possible with the amount of players you have to work with...

And, to answer the "Nice pickup" comment... Beers has played in Luverne his entire life.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Corn Cobb wrote:
Teak wrote:Was looking at the Le Sueur et. al score line from last night and saw that soph Declan Beers had 4 goals and 1 assist..
That's the Garretson, SD lad, right? Good pickup.
Hope you're sleeping ok trout? Heard the d zone break downs have already made it to St. Cloud??
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

fastncrash wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:

I'm assuming your excellency means Bantams? But whichever... In a small town you do what you have to do to make the best teams possible with the amount of players you have to work with...

And, to answer the "Nice pickup" comment... Beers has played in Luverne his entire life.
Actually, no, I meant peewees. If he is a sophomore this year, I assume he was an 8th grader two years ago when I saw him playing peewees. Though it is SD, he may have skipped a grade once he mastered his times and gazintas.
pats12

Post by pats12 »

InigoMontoya wrote:
fastncrash wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote: Interesting that Beers played peewees as an 8th grader, while Nelson was on the varsity.

Actually, no, I meant peewees. If he is a sophomore this year, I assume he was an 8th grader two years ago when I saw him playing peewees. Though it is SD, he may have skipped a grade once he mastered his times and gazintas.
Beers did play peewees 2 years ago and 1 year of bantam last year. Probably should have been on varsity last year. Nelson and Beers are both young sophomores, Beers is extremely young.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Can Marshall keep this one out of running time?
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

InYourFace09 wrote:Can Marshall keep this one out of running time?
I'm not convinced this will be a run timer. Luverne is explosive offensively but need to figure out to play better defense. Also, out of the two games I've watched this year, Luverne takes some stupid penalties. If they come out and goon it up I can see this game being a 6-2 type of game.
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
I'm not convinced this will be a run timer. Luverne is explosive offensively but need to figure out to play better defense. Also, out of the two games I've watched this year, Luverne takes some stupid penalties. If they come out and goon it up I can see this game being a 6-2 type of game.
A friend from up here listened to the end of the SPA game Saturday and said the same about that game. The two games I saw last year showed a lack of team defensive discipline on the front end and some dangerous decision making (imo) as to when to jump into the offensive play on the part of a couple of cardinal defensemen often giving up scoring chances to better teams. Pretty good squad it seems but with some bad habits/discipline issues? I could be wrong. Still shouldn't be close at all.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

hawkenjonny wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
A friend from up here listened to the end of the SPA game Saturday and said the same about that game. The two games I saw last year showed a lack of team defensive discipline on the front end and some dangerous decision making (imo) as to when to jump into the offensive play on the part of a couple of cardinal defensemen often giving up scoring chances to better teams. Pretty good squad it seems but with some bad habits/discipline issues? I could be wrong. Still shouldn't be close at all.
Any one interested in the Luverne vs Marshall game can listen to the game tonight on KQAD. The link is below or you can also find them on tunein radio I think.

http://www.k101fm.net/ (use kqad not k101)
Teak

Post by Teak »

Luverne 4-1 Marshall, end of the 1st period.

Shots, Luverne 29-6 Marshall
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Teak wrote:Luverne 4-1 Marshall, end of the 1st period.

actually 29?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

InYourFace09 wrote:

actually 29?
Its even more now.....
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:

actually 29?
Its even more now.....
I am listening in now... only hear a couple names being mentioned. Anyone else playing in this 7-1 game?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

InYourFace09 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote: actually 29?
Its even more now.....
I am listening in now... only hear a couple names being mentioned. Anyone else playing in this 7-1 game?
I thought i'd hear players from 2 teams also.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Love seeing that hockey is growing down in Iowa.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

MrBoDangles wrote:Love seeing that hockey is growing down in Iowa.
......and South Dakota.
Teak

Post by Teak »

CherryPicker99 wrote: Any one interested in the Luverne vs Marshall game can listen to the game tonight on KQAD. The link is below or you can also find them on tunein radio I think.

Thanks for the link. I did listen to part of the first period but then had to log off for a class that I am taking. I suspect they went to running time on this one by the third period.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Teak wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote: Any one interested in the Luverne vs Marshall game can listen to the game tonight on KQAD. The link is below or you can also find them on tunein radio I think.

Thanks for the link. I did listen to part of the first period but then had to log off for a class that I am taking. I suspect they went to running time on this one by the third period.
You're welcome. You should be able to use this link again Friday when Mark Parrish and Matt Cooke bring the Orono team to town.