Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote: I can understand why.
Will he be out 2 weeks?
He will play Saturday. Shouldn't need any more information than that.
Sounds like the Corn Field Kegger got busted.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

InYourFace09 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote: Will he be out 2 weeks?
He will play Saturday. Shouldn't need any more information than that.
Missing two games might take him out of the points race......
Maybe, but i doubt it. However, historically he has been passive during the conference games. Guessing that wont happen this year.
Teak

Post by Teak »

InYourFace09 wrote: Missing two games might take him out of the points race......
Not really. He isn't missing the Worthington and Fairmont games. :lol:
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Teak wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote: Missing two games might take him out of the points race......
Historically he doesn't put up points against those teams. I anticipate that will change this season.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
Teak wrote:
Historically he doesn't put up points against those teams. I anticipate that will change this season.
Meaning more playing time during the 3rd periods?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

InYourFace09 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Teak wrote: Not really. He isn't missing the Worthington and Fairmont games. :lol:
Meaning more playing time during the 3rd periods?

No. More purpose during the first
SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan »

How does scoring more points against awful hockey teams make him a better player and get him ready for the next level?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

SouthernMinnFan wrote:How does scoring more points against awful hockey teams make him a better player and get him ready for the next level?
It doesn't. nobody said it did.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

SouthernMinnFan wrote:How does scoring more points against awful hockey teams make him a better player and get him ready for the next level?
Maybe that is why he is still playing his senior year at Luverne. Maybe the higher hockey powers have seen the same thing and didn't like how he didn't play with "purpose" every shift.
rainier

Post by rainier »

InYourFace09 wrote:
Maybe that is why he is still playing his senior year at Luverne. Maybe the higher hockey powers have seen the same thing and didn't like how he didn't play with "purpose" every shift.
Or maybe he knows he will get tons of ice time and also wants to enjoy having a normal high school experience playing with his buddies and being around his girlfriend.

Either way he will have to prove himself in the NAHL or USHL before the next level comes calling, so what's the hurry?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Gotta love these internet tough guys calling out a 17 year old....
SouthernMinnFan

the next level is nahl or ushl. He should be there already. Ask the last good player to play in Luverne how staying back in high school worked out.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

rainier wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
Or maybe he knows he will get tons of ice time and also wants to enjoy having a normal high school experience playing with his buddies and being around his girlfriend.

Either way he will have to prove himself in the NAHL or USHL before the next level comes calling, so what's the hurry?
Absolutely. 1% make it anyways. Enjoy the season, enjoy your time. Getting old sucks.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

SouthernMinnFan wrote:the next level is nahl or ushl. He should be there already. Ask the last good player to play in Luverne how staying back in high school worked out.
Who was this goodie?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Whiner33 wrote:
SouthernMinnFan wrote:the next level is nahl or ushl. He should be there already. Ask the last good player to play in Luverne how staying back in high school worked out.
Who was this goodie?
Must be Pete Connell. 2002 :D
SouthernMinnFan

Wow nottonight, can't even remember your best d man last year. Toby.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

We followed Toby S in the NAHL this year for Coulee Region; good player, but it's tough to hang these days at that level. He was released by Coulee the first week in Nov, and since then has been playing for Lacrosse in the NA3HL, where he's doing well.

As for Smedsrud, I still say he is one of the better 98's in MN, and hopefully he can have some good showings against Luverne's tougher opponents this season.

Also hope any any top end player that stays in MN high school hockey for his senior year....enjoys the hell out of it.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

OU812 wrote:We followed Toby S in the NAHL this year for Coulee Region; good player, but it's tough to hang these days at that level. He was released by Coulee the first week in Nov, and since then has been playing for Lacrosse in the NA3HL, where he's doing well.

As for Smedsrud, I still say he is one of the better 98's in MN, and hopefully he can have some good showings against Luverne's tougher opponents this season.

Also hope any any top end player that stays in MN high school hockey for his senior year....enjoys the hell out of it.
Who's that from?
SouthernMinnFan

Doing well in the NA3HL. That's comical. I am sure all of those kids in pay to play hockey love how great they are doing playing against kids that couldn't make their high school team. That league is a joke. Smedsrud is good but their schedule is not good, and playing another year of bad hockey will not do him any favors when it comes to playing junior hockey next year.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

OU812 wrote:We followed Toby S in the NAHL this year for Coulee Region; good player, but it's tough to hang these days at that level. He was released by Coulee the first week in Nov, and since then has been playing for Lacrosse in the NA3HL, where he's doing well.

So what you're saying is a top six All-State defenseman can't even hang in NAHL? Trout you spike the ballot box by chance? Or you just paying for him to play nowadays?
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

Finals Tonight from 3A (11/24/15):

Redwood Valley 4
Windom 3

Marshall 9
Worthington 2
Teak

Post by Teak »

Corn Cobb wrote:Marshall 9
Worthington 2
I left after the end of period 2, Marshall ahead 7-2 at that point. Marshall desperately needs that new rink with (hopefully) seating on both sides of the rink. Last night's game was packed with the requisite suite of hockey moms, toddlers, tweeners, and etc. running around, chatting, gossiping, texting, surfing the internet on their iPhones and occasionally glancing up at the game.

Worthington is not so much less talented as simply tired. They only suited 10 players of which 2 were goalies, so only 8 skaters! And in the middle of period 2, a Worthington player picked up a 5 minute major and 10 minute mis-conduct so they went with 7 skaters for that time. Best player on the ice, IMHO, was Worthington's Tony Lopez who would be a starter on most Big South squads.

Marshall is led by the junior Dylan Criquet-Danielson who is a smooth skater and gets into good positions. I was impressed by Mason Penske, a junior, who seems to have hockey sense which is not that common in southerners.

This Marshall squad, while deep, may be only a 0.500 squad this year. I think that they have the potential for a much better season next year. Just my take on it. Your opinions will probably differ.
SouthernMinnFan

I haven't seen Marshall play, I have heard that they have a few solid young players though. I will have to make the trip over here soon.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT how many Beers were at the keg party tonight at BMIA?
MrGoalieBoy

Post by MrGoalieBoy »

Huge matchup for Luverne tonight against SPA at home. Not sure how they will fair against them, will need good goalie play. Would love to hear some updates notTONIGHT!