Minnesota Hockey Magazine Preseason AA Top 10

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

Minnesota Hockey Magazine Preseason AA Top 10

Post by Sats81 »

http://minnesotahockeymag.com/boys-clas ... -rankings/

My opinion: LN too high (yes I can be very realistic), Duluth East, Blaine, BSM and Wayzata ranked too high. Edina and HM ranked too low. GR, Bemidji right where they belong.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

1. Lakeville North (31-0-0 last season)
2. Duluth East (16-11-1 last season)
3. Eden Prairie (19-11-0 last season)

4. Blaine (23-7-1 last season)
5. Grand Rapids (14-11-2 last season)
6. Edina (26-2-2 last season)
7. Hill-Murray (21-9-0 last season)

8. Benilde-St. Margaret’s (15-10-2 last season)
9. Bemidji (23-5-2 last season)
10. Wayzata (13-12-3 last season)

Others Receiving Consideration: Holy Family Catholic, Stillwater, Prior Lake, St. Thomas Academy, Elk River, White Bear Lake
Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 »

those rankings are so far off. they should get off the computer and watch more hockey games .
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Whopper2 wrote:those rankings are so far off. they should get off the computer and watch more hockey games .
So far off? Based on what? Pete W. is one of the most informed writers in MN HS hockey.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
Whopper2 wrote:those rankings are so far off. they should get off the computer and watch more hockey games .
So far off? Based on what? Pete W. is one of the most informed writers in MN HS hockey.
Duluth East at 2 is a little high.

12 is about right.
Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 »

I watch over 200 hockey games a year and been doing it for eleven years. The only one that watches more games is fredrick who has become a student of the game. May be we could get him to rank the teams who happens to be a writer too.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

People do lots of things often and still do it poorly....

Perhaps East is too high, but if so the only question I have with them is in goal.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Whopper2 wrote:I watch over 200 hockey games a year and been doing it for eleven years. The only one that watches more games is fredrick who has become a student of the game. May be we could get him to rank the teams who happens to be a writer too.
I agree those rankings are off, but Frederick? Come on now!
TheMayor

Post by TheMayor »

Sats81 wrote:
Whopper2 wrote:I watch over 200 hockey games a year and been doing it for eleven years. The only one that watches more games is fredrick who has become a student of the game. May be we could get him to rank the teams who happens to be a writer too.
I agree those rankings are off, but Frederick? Come on now!
Freddie would have ranked Edina 10th. He's never been a big Edina fan. Go back and read some of his posts from prior years.
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:People do lots of things often and still do it poorly....

Perhaps East is too high, but if so the only question I have with them is in goal.
East will start Meierhoff in goal this year. He played several high school games last year and did ok in there. I am more confident about who East will have in net that I am about who Rapids will. I know your 10th grader played in the "Elite" league behind 2 of the best D in the state (and still did worse numbers wise than Denfeld's goalie did) and survived but if I was a Rapids fan I would not be reserving my rooms just yet. That and the fact that even if one of the 10th graders does get a shot at it Rapids also has a 12th grader who will probably get some games as well.

I am not so sure that I like East ranked that high, I know I don't like Rapids ranked that high before the first puck drops. Big difference between Bantams and High School hockey, especially at that position.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Are we sure these rankings are for this year? WBL in consideration for anything to do with Hockey Rankings is beyond comprehension.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

BodyShots wrote:Are we sure these rankings are for this year? WBL in consideration for anything to do with Hockey Rankings is beyond comprehension.
Yes they are. Read the summaries after each team ranked...
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Bemidji is also high, at least until their goalie(s) prove themselves and they fill the leadership role of the captains from last year.

But we will get some answers pretty quick as things start soon.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Wet Paint, I was only talking about the East goalie. Just curious where I even mentioned GR in that post or if I ever said he has established himself as Jon Casey already. I suppose the next time I mention the East goalie it will have something to do with the Cloquet goalie, or the Swedish Elite team goalie. Stop putting words in my mouth.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

WestMetro wrote:Here is LPH AA ranking:

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/teams/hig ... kings.html
These seem a little more accurate, although I have a really difficult time getting my head around a lot of these polls having Wayzata in top 10. GB any thoughts?
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

BodyShots wrote:Are we sure these rankings are for this year? WBL in consideration for anything to do with Hockey Rankings is beyond comprehension.
I had to do a double take when I saw that, maybe if it was "consideration for the top 20" then they would be mentioned.
Last edited by Wblhcky2424 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

I will say Wagonner is awesome on radio. Not sure anyone does better job on that with HS hockey...
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Sats, I like this group of kids. I also like that the coaches got wise and named Sr Captains. The three captains they have this year compared to the three they had last year will translate into five more wins this year. Ok quite a brash statement.....pause for laughter from the peanut gallery... but I think you know what I mean. It's tough to work hard for someone you'd like to punch in the face.

I like their chances.

GB
Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 »

The top three are right on. one of the top three will win state. After that who cares.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

GoldenBear wrote:Sats, I like this group of kids. I also like that the coaches got wise and named Sr Captains. The three captains they have this year compared to the three they had last year will translate into five more wins this year. Ok quite a brash statement.....pause for laughter from the peanut gallery... but I think you know what I mean. It's tough to work hard for someone you'd like to punch in the face.

I like their chances.

GB
Makes sense. No need to explain.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Sats81 wrote:I will say Wagonner is awesome on radio. Not sure anyone does better job on that with HS hockey...
Agreed, Pete is great to listen to.
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:I will say Wagonner is awesome on radio. Not sure anyone does better job on that with HS hockey...
Agreed, Pete is great to listen to.
So where will the Thursday night radio game be heard with Mr Wagonner?
We lost FOX TV due to the two teams playing not willing to raise $5k in commercials, and now we have lost 105 the Ticket.
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
TheMayor

Post by TheMayor »

Whopper2 wrote:The top three are right on. one of the top three will win state. After that who cares.
Is this based on the over-200 games you watch each year? Or did you watch every night of LN and EP's tryouts in addition to Edina's? You must have a fast car.
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

Sats81 wrote:
WestMetro wrote:Here is LPH AA ranking:

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/teams/hig ... kings.html
These seem a little more accurate, although I have a really difficult time getting my head around a lot of these polls having Wayzata in top 10. GB any thoughts?
Why should EP be ranked Pre season #1? They haven't played a game yet this year. Doesn't LN get the respect to be the pre season #1 until they at least play their first game? After that let the chips fall where they may. EP essentially has the same team as last year and granted they have two of the top talents in the state, but their time will come at #1 if it is earned.