Post HP 17 Section Rosters Here

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Post by BP »

laughingmyaXXoff wrote:Looks like Prior Lake is loaded and will come out of Section 2 next year for the state tourney. Edina and Burnsville look a little weak based upon the # of kids that made this team.
BP wrote:HP 17's, Section 2:

Ryan Murray - D - Prior Lake
Justin Fossand - D - Chanhassen
Dalton Weigel - D - Breck
Jake Johnson - D - Jefferson
Matt Denman - D - Prior Lake
Andrew Kruse - D - Delano
Bauer Neudecker - F - St. Louis Park
Tyler Smith - F - Burnsville
Jake Theis - F - Chanhassen
Garret Wait - F - Edina
Cade Borchardt - F - Burnsville
Kevin Fellows - F - Prior Lake
Chase Gackle - F - Prior Lake
Eric Worre - F - Chanhassen
Connors Clemons - F - Prior Lake
Curtis Hansen - F - Prior Lake
Ben Meyers - F - Delano
Tyler Scott - F - Breck
Nick Lee - G - Burnsville
Drew Scites - G - Prior Lake

Edina, Prior Lake, and Burnsville all are in different sections next year.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

He's not aware of that yet. Still in high school at Prior Lake.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

And what happened to Sections 4 and 8? Section 8 ends up in the toilet bowl giving up 19 goals and Section 4 gives up 21 in three games without the penalty shots this year? Based on the box scores (that Stats hasn't had a chance to 'fix' yet) there were several chosen ones that went through to the 54s last year that didn't notch a point. Will be interesting to see how they advance them. 8)
buttend

Post by buttend »

Sats81 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Doubt it would have made much difference. 90% of the LN kids listed would have still made it.
Based on they made the cut in the hp last years? You know there are baseball and lacrosse out there.
Previous years are irrelevant. Just like a stud pee wee doesnt always turn into a stud Bantam and a same as Bantam to HS.....

Max Johnson, Henry Enebak, Taylor Schneider, Ryan Edquist, Keaton Pehrson, Reed Smith, Max McGlade all make this team no matter who trys out. 1 of them committed to D1 school, another 1 with multiple offers, 3 others will heavy interest, all regular contributors on undefeated State Champs. Don't take my word for it though!
As a group your 8 skaters had a combined total of 4 points over 3 games. But dont take my word for it!
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Final 54?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

buttend wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote: Based on they made the cut in the hp last years? You know there are baseball and lacrosse out there.
Previous years are irrelevant. Just like a stud pee wee doesnt always turn into a stud Bantam and a same as Bantam to HS.....

Max Johnson, Henry Enebak, Taylor Schneider, Ryan Edquist, Keaton Pehrson, Reed Smith, Max McGlade all make this team no matter who trys out. 1 of them committed to D1 school, another 1 with multiple offers, 3 others will heavy interest, all regular contributors on undefeated State Champs. Don't take my word for it though!
As a group your 8 skaters had a combined total of 4 points over 3 games. But dont take my word for it!
Wasn't aware this weekend was the be-all, end-all for HS hockey players. They would still ALL be chosen if they picked again too.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Sats, I see 2 goalies made the 54's from LN, is that an embarrassment of riches?
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

alcloseshaver wrote:Sats, I see 2 goalies made the 54's from LN, is that an embarrassment of riches?
Can you share or link to the final 54 post?
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

And that Stats is another example how poor Section 1 is whether dealing with AA or A. How the MSHSL did nothing to put some competition in the section and get to 8 teams is remarkable. I'll say LN will be the 3 seed in St. Paul come March.
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

alcloseshaver wrote:Sats, I see 2 goalies made the 54's from LN, is that an embarrassment of riches?
First you need to get your facts straight. One North and one South. Oh, and BTW, the north goalie happens to be one, if not the best goalie in the state. No surprise with that one. Would you suggest someone better that didn't make it? Please speak up.
100percenteffort

buttend wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote: Based on they made the cut in the hp last years? You know there are baseball and lacrosse out there.

FYI the stats on hockey hub are incorrect, there are many kids that didn't get credit for points they should've received. Good thing the people that know how to evaluate hockey can recognize good players whether they score or not. Believe it or not kids have an impact on the game even though they may not light up the score sheet.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Call Stats he can fix them for you as long as you play for the right team! Looks like Hart from Rosemount got the short stick for goalies. Section 3 gives up 4 goals in the 3 games combined. Hart gets cut with a .941 while the Lakeville South goalie has a .878 giving up 3 goals to Section 3 in his half while Hart and the STAA goalie shut out Section 1? Could also argue Section 3 had to play two of the better offensive teams in Sections 2 and 6 before playing Section 1 that didn't have much for scoring. Some other surprises obviously but obviously shouldn't be surprised. :roll:
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Section 1 - 9 players advance
Section 2 - 8 players advance
Section 3 - 6 players advance
Section 4 - 3 players advance
Section 5 - 4 players advance
Section 6 - 7 players advance
Section 7 - 10 players advance
Section 8 - 6 players advance

At large free passes - 1 player
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

100percenteffort wrote:
First you need to get your facts straight. One North and one South. Oh, and BTW, the north goalie happens to be one, if not the best goalie in the state. No surprise with that one. Would you suggest someone better that didn't make it? Please speak up.
No question on the goalies, they just have McKinney listed as from Lakeville North. Settle down.
100percenteffort

alcloseshaver wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:
No question on the goalies, they just have McKinney listed as from Lakeville North. Settle down.
I'm not an English major, but I'm pretty sure that symbol at the end of the sentence represents a question :lol:
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

100percenteffort wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
100percenteffort wrote: First you need to get your facts straight. One North and one South. Oh, and BTW, the north goalie happens to be one, if not the best goalie in the state. No surprise with that one. Would you suggest someone better that didn't make it? Please speak up.
I'm not an English major, but I'm pretty sure that symbol at the end of the sentence represents a question :lol:
Did you at least minor in English. :wink: Why does it have LN listed?
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

alcloseshaver wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:
a little premature on MN Hocks part
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

thespellchecker wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
100percenteffort wrote: First you need to get your facts straight. One North and one South. Oh, and BTW, the north goalie happens to be one, if not the best goalie in the state. No surprise with that one. Would you suggest someone better that didn't make it? Please speak up.
a little premature on MN Hocks part
:D
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:And that Stats is another example how poor Section 1 is whether dealing with AA or A. How the MSHSL did nothing to put some competition in the section and get to 8 teams is remarkable. I'll say LN will be the 3 seed in St. Paul come March.
Keep whining about EVERYTHING because your kid didn't make it! 3 seed in March in St. Paul? Implying it won't be earned/deserved? Kinda like this year too hah? They will be playing in a semifinal game Friday night at the X next March. You can mark this. Keep hating whiner
Last edited by Sats81 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Call Stats he can fix them for you as long as you play for the right team! Looks like Hart from Rosemount got the short stick for goalies. Section 3 gives up 4 goals in the 3 games combined. Hart gets cut with a .941 while the Lakeville South goalie has a .878 giving up 3 goals to Section 3 in his half while Hart and the STAA goalie shut out Section 1? Could also argue Section 3 had to play two of the better offensive teams in Sections 2 and 6 before playing Section 1 that didn't have much for scoring. Some other surprises obviously but obviously shouldn't be surprised. :roll:
Who should have made the team that got "shorted" over Edquist, Enebak, Max J, Pehrson, Schneider?