President Day Scrimmage

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

buttend

President Day Scrimmage

Post by buttend »

Lakeville North 6
Eden Prairie 5
Bluelightspecial

Re: President Day Scrimmage

Post by Bluelightspecial »

buttend wrote:Lakeville North 6
Eden Prairie 5
Where was this played?
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

No check scrimmage I was told. Can be risky to do this, any thoughts?
buttend

Post by buttend »

Bluelightspecial wrote:
Eden Prairie 5
Where was this played?
EP
Sartellcelly

scrimmage

Post by Sartellcelly »

was it officiated? how'd u know the score?
Tron

Post by Tron »

I was there, it was officiated and a lot of folks showed up. No checking scrimmage. I was curious how HSH teams can get together for this. You never see Edina doing this with another team. What is the relationship between LN and EP?
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

Tron wrote:I was there, it was officiated and a lot of folks showed up. No checking scrimmage. I was curious how HSH teams can get together for this. You never see Edina doing this with another team. What is the relationship between LN and EP?
They both want to beat the Hornets.
ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

UntouchableFlow wrote:
Tron wrote:I was there, it was officiated and a lot of folks showed up. No checking scrimmage. I was curious how HSH teams can get together for this. You never see Edina doing this with another team. What is the relationship between LN and EP?
=D>
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ShakestheClown wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:
=D>
And LN or EP is a better choice.

I'll take Hill, Anoka, Grand Rapids or Bemidji (or even Moorhead).
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

elliott70 wrote:
ShakestheClown wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote: They both want to beat the Hornets.
=D>

:lol: Did it hurt to type that, Elliott? :shock:
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
ShakestheClown wrote: =D>

:lol: Did it hurt to type that, Elliott? :shock:
My fingers are cramped up.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Tron wrote: You never see Edina doing this with another team.
No need, they can just scrimmage with their JV if they feel the need. :twisted:
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Their Jr. Gold team could win a section game most likely.
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

Eden Prairie 5
I believe EP only had 3 goals :D
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

So IF it was Timed, Officiated, and score kept..... Sorta sounds like a GAME!
The no checking is irrelevant. :?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

fastncrash wrote:So IF it was Timed, Officiated, and score kept..... Sorta sounds like a GAME!
There was no official score kept. Those who are commenting are going off of what they saw. Each team was alloted X amount of even strength time, PP time, PK time, etc. So, NO. It wasn't a game.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

Sats81 wrote:
fastncrash wrote:So IF it was Timed, Officiated, and score kept..... Sorta sounds like a GAME!
There was no official score kept. Those who are commenting are going off of what they saw. Each team was alloted X amount of even strength time, PP time, PK time, etc. So, NO. It wasn't a game.
As I suspected... followed the rules to the T... but IMO still sorta BS at this time of the year as it's still an unfair advantage to Schools who literally can't just take a 10 minute drive to be allowed the same preparation... But, that's the price we pay for living in the sticks.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

fastncrash wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
As I suspected... followed the rules to the T... but IMO still sorta BS at this time of the year as it's still an unfair advantage to Schools who literally can't just take a 10 minute drive to be allowed the same preparation... But, that's the price we pay for living in the sticks.
BS? Unfair Advantage? Must be an Obama supporter. Cry all you want, no one feels bad!
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Sats81 wrote:
fastncrash wrote:
Sats81 wrote: There was no official score kept. Those who are commenting are going off of what they saw. Each team was alloted X amount of even strength time, PP time, PK time, etc. So, NO. It wasn't a game.
BS? Unfair Advantage? Must be an Obama supporter. Cry all you want, no one feels bad!
Hey Sats, are you moonlighting as the Faribault dance team's spokesperson? :lol:
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

No clue what this means. Little guy excited he gets to run his final practice of the season this afternoon? Cats about to get struck by Lightning!
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

Sats81 wrote:
fastncrash wrote:
Sats81 wrote: There was no official score kept. Those who are commenting are going off of what they saw. Each team was alloted X amount of even strength time, PP time, PK time, etc. So, NO. It wasn't a game.
:roll:
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Not unfair in any way, in season scrimmages have been a common practice. Sarsland used to have multiple in season scrimmages.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Sats81 wrote:No clue what this means. Little guy excited he gets to run his final practice of the season this afternoon? Cats about to get struck by Lightning!
You really didn't catch the reference? Huh...I figured you were clever enough and well-read enough to link the comment to the controversy surrounding a different MSHSL team sport:
http://www.southernminn.com/faribault_d ... 24311.html

You were doing a great job channeling the Faribault team's head coach.
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote:No clue what this means. Little guy excited he gets to run his final practice of the season this afternoon? Cats about to get struck by Lightning!
You really didn't catch the reference? Huh...I figured you were clever enough and well-read enough to link the comment to the controversy surrounding a different MSHSL team sport:
http://www.southernminn.com/faribault_d ... 24311.html

You were doing a great job channeling the Faribault team's head coach.
Sorry, don't really have my finger on the pulse of what is happening in the world of girls dance competition.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Did you hear about the Lindbergh baby? :)