Prior Lake

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

team22tank

Post by team22tank »

Sats81 wrote:
team22tank wrote:
100percenteffort wrote: I don't know how many times this needs to be discussed, but all of the kids are from Lakeville and decisions were made by the families to go to North for whatever reason it doesn't matter because everything was done per the letter of the law. At least they didn't get kids from other cities like a lot of the other perennial top high school teams do. There is plenty of talent coming up the pipeline so you will be hearing about North for years to come. Take a look in your own back yard and make sure everything is squeaky before you trash talk another team.
You are brining way to much emotion into it Squirt. Did I hit a nerve or something? LN is going to come back down to reality next season, that isn't trash talk just a reality of the situation of having as much elite talent as they do on the way out.

There is going to be a lot of parity in the South Suburban. As far as the coach, it will be interesting if he can keep it going without the stars?
Are you the little guys JV coach over at Eagan?
No
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

So, for those that might be close to the PL situation and the MSHSL outcome...

Is it the case that the individual will not participate in Sections, but that the team will participate in their currently scheduled games based on their current seeding...

Or....is it something else that will unfold in the next couple days?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Sats81 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Enough of LN, they are overrated anyway.

Prior Lake, is it confirmed that their goalie is (was) ineligible.
If so, is he not allowed to play in sectionals?
There you go! Lets make sure the Lumberjacks don't stumble with the Spuds (who LN beat 10-1 btw) first. Epic meltdown coming from Eliot (one T) when that happens
We're not thinking Spuds right now.
Monticello then hopefully Brainerd/Buffalo.

No meltdown.
I've been disappointed before.

First time when Johnson beat us in OT for the state title.
Since then numerous times, so a meltdown will not happen.

I seem to note a little edge in your post. Just nerves or are you really not enjoying having the target on your back.

:D
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

team22tank wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:
team22tank wrote: Why? It will be interesting to see how good LN coach is when the Phoeling triplets are gone. Talk about rolling into a sweet deal.

Does anyone else know of a player who has played at Shatuck & has a D1 scholarship, leaving to go back to a MN HS team?
I don't know how many times this needs to be discussed, but all of the kids are from Lakeville and decisions were made by the families to go to North for whatever reason it doesn't matter because everything was done per the letter of the law. At least they didn't get kids from other cities like a lot of the other perennial top high school teams do. There is plenty of talent coming up the pipeline so you will be hearing about North for years to come. Take a look in your own back yard and make sure everything is squeaky before you trash talk another team.
You are brining way to much emotion into it Squirt. Did I hit a nerve or something? LN is going to come back down to reality next season, that isn't trash talk just a reality of the situation of having as much elite talent as they do on the way out.

There is going to be a lot of parity in the South Suburban. As far as the coach, it will be interesting if he can keep it going without the stars?
Whatever :)
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Whoa..this thread sure quieted down after it was made pretty clear that it has NOTHING to do with LN and their goalie...bluelight...you there? Some people just love to see others stumble.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

elliott70 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Enough of LN, they are overrated anyway.

Prior Lake, is it confirmed that their goalie is (was) ineligible.
If so, is he not allowed to play in sectionals?
There you go! Lets make sure the Lumberjacks don't stumble with the Spuds (who LN beat 10-1 btw) first. Epic meltdown coming from Eliot (one T) when that happens

No meltdown.

I seem to note a little edge in your post. Just nerves or are you really not enjoying having the target on your back.

No edge at all.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Sats81 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Sats81 wrote: There you go! Lets make sure the Lumberjacks don't stumble with the Spuds (who LN beat 10-1 btw) first. Epic meltdown coming from Eliot (one T) when that happens

No meltdown.

No edge at all.

:D :D :D :D

Smiles all around it is then.
nahc

Post by nahc »

Best time of the year starting this week!!!!!!!!!!! One and done no matter who you have played or what your record is. Everyone starts out 0-0...... only one team from A and AA will have that second 0 at the end of the State tourney!! :) Am going with Hermantown and Lakeville North respectively........ Should be some outstanding games occurring in the next few weeks at great venues!!!
Bluelightspecial

Post by Bluelightspecial »

Sats81 wrote:Whoa..this thread sure quieted down after it was made pretty clear that it has NOTHING to do with LN and their goalie...bluelight...you there? Some people just love to see others stumble.
Busy day today, sorry I couldn't get back sooner. You and I cleared that up a long time ago, not that I totally agree though.
Task Force 34

Post by Task Force 34 »

So does this impact the Section 2 AA Seedings? If PL used an ineligible player how can they retain the #2 seed?

Bueller? Anyone?
SidneysDogHouse

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

Task Force 34 wrote:So does this impact the Section 2 AA Seedings? If PL used an ineligible player how can they retain the #2 seed?

Bueller? Anyone?

Anything further on this situation, sounds like there has been something?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Havent heard anything. I checked MSHSL website an hour ago, no change to tomorrow nite PL game. I cant believe they would change anything on the game day. Im assuming PL will be able to beat Shakopee with backup goalie.
Windmill31

Post by Windmill31 »

Task, I can't imagine that the seeding will change since it is based on skill, and not record. Does record weigh in a tremendous amount when the coaches tally votes at the end of the year yes. But it is the skill level of the team that determines the seeding (I believe...please correct me if I'm wrong). On that note I would also like to say that PL will have much more difficulty getting to state without their #1 (no offense to the other kid). He is an exceptional goaltender and it is too bad that this rule now kicks into gear with him while present and past cases around the state like so remain inconsistent. I am not referring to anyone or team in specific (I cannot emphasize that enough :roll: :roll: ) but rather the flawed transfer rule in general.
sanryam

Post by sanryam »

According to a local Prior Lake news source:

"There was some uncertainly about the Lakers' seed heading into the playoffs. The team has appealed the forfeiture of eight wins to the Minnesota State High School League. There was an "administrative error" made in the potential eligibility of one its players during the regular season. So the Lakers' record could have been facing an 8-16-1 at the seed meeting. The appeal had no bearing on section seeds."

http://www.swnewsmedia.com/prior_lake_a ... ef2de.html
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

Prior Lake's goalie for the post season did well tonight, and will continue to do so.
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ