Prior Lake

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Defensive Zone

Prior Lake

Post by Defensive Zone »

Did I hear right...is Prior Lake having their wins this year deleted? Ineligible goalie? Does anyone know anything? Is this correct? Or not?
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Yes i heard the same and that mshl was in process of deciding this week. Even sadder situation is what happened at a football power school with one of their players
OTB987

Post by OTB987 »

If true, is the precedence established regarding the Mshsl ruling?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Is that the only MSHSL goalie eligibility issue under review?
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

GoldenBear wrote:Yes i heard the same and that mshl was in process of deciding this week. Even sadder situation is what happened at a football power school with one of their players
What?
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
Bluelightspecial

Post by Bluelightspecial »

WestMetro wrote:Is that the only MSHSL goalie eligibility issue under review?
Who else are you concerned about? lol
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

Everybody. lol This league needs a shakedown.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

It happens now and again, Achiever Academy last year, Rosemount a few years ago. It happened to Mankato Westin football a couple of years ago.

It's almost always on the player/parent end, not the schools .....at least in hockey. There have been some questionable wrestling coaches who got their schools in trouble though.
green4

Post by green4 »

I saw Prior Lake play once this year and I did find it odd that the goaltender had red pads
Bluelightspecial

Post by Bluelightspecial »

Bayside Tigers wrote:Everybody. lol This league needs a shakedown.
Funny
Last edited by Bluelightspecial on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

Bluelightspecial wrote:
I thought maybe it was the North/South/Shattuck team having a perfect season he was concerned about.
Enough already!! :roll:
team22tank

Post by team22tank »

100percenteffort wrote:
Bluelightspecial wrote:
I thought maybe it was the North/South/Shattuck team having a perfect season he was concerned about.
Why? It will be interesting to see how good LN coach is when the Phoeling triplets are gone. Talk about rolling into a sweet deal.

Does anyone else know of a player who has played at Shatuck & has a D1 scholarship, leaving to go back to a MN HS team?
team22tank

Post by team22tank »

100percenteffort wrote:
Bluelightspecial wrote:
Why? It will be interesting to see how good LN coach is when the Phoeling triplets are gone. Talk about rolling into a sweet deal.

Does anyone else know of a player who has played at Shatuck & has a D1 scholarship, leaving to go back to a MN HS team?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

I've never liked this as a punishment considering playoff seeds are voted on and everyone makes the playoffs.
This happened a few years back with Hill Murray football; lost all their wins, bottom seed in section and made it to state.
OTB987 wrote:If true, is the precedence established regarding the Mshsl ruling?
Yes
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

team22tank wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:
Bluelightspecial wrote: I thought maybe it was the North/South/Shattuck team having a perfect season he was concerned about.

Oh im sure if they have any difficulty next year they could bring in your JV hockey coaching expertise to right the ship!
team22tank

Post by team22tank »

Sats81 wrote:
team22tank wrote:
100percenteffort wrote: Enough already!! :roll:

Oh im sure if they have any difficulty next year they could bring in your JV hockey coaching expertise to right the ship!
That didn't seem very nice!

Anyway I don't have a background in recruiting so I don't think I would do much good!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

team22tank wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
team22tank wrote: Why? It will be interesting to see how good LN coach is when the Phoeling triplets are gone. Talk about rolling into a sweet deal.

That didn't seem very nice!

Anyway I don't have a background in recruiting so I don't think I would do much good!
No worries, we can teach that son.
100percenteffort

team22tank wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:
Bluelightspecial wrote: I thought maybe it was the North/South/Shattuck team having a perfect season he was concerned about.

I don't know how many times this needs to be discussed, but all of the kids are from Lakeville and decisions were made by the families to go to North for whatever reason it doesn't matter because everything was done per the letter of the law. At least they didn't get kids from other cities like a lot of the other perennial top high school teams do. There is plenty of talent coming up the pipeline so you will be hearing about North for years to come. Take a look in your own back yard and make sure everything is squeaky before you trash talk another team.
100percenteffort

team22tank wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:

I don't know how many times this needs to be discussed, but all of the kids are from Lakeville and decisions were made by the families to go to North for whatever reason it doesn't matter because everything was done per the letter of the law. At least they didn't get kids from other cities like a lot of the other perennial top high school teams do. There is plenty of talent coming up the pipeline so you will be hearing about North for years to come. Take a look in your own back yard and make sure everything is squeaky before you trash talk another team.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

100percenteffort wrote: I don't know how many times this needs to be discussed, but all of the kids are from Lakeville and decisions were made by the families to go to North for whatever reason it doesn't matter because everything was done per the letter of the law. At least they didn't get kids from other cities like a lot of the other perennial top high school teams do. There is plenty of talent coming up the pipeline so you will be hearing about North for years to come. Take a look in your own back yard and make sure everything is squeaky before you trash talk another team.

" I don't know how many times this needs to be discussed, but all of the kids are from Lakeville and decisions were made by the families to go to North for whatever reason it doesn't matter because everything was done per the letter of the law. At least they didn't get kids from other cities like a lot of the other perennial top high school teams do. There is plenty of talent coming up the pipeline so you will be hearing about North for years to come. Take a look in your own back yard and make sure everything is squeaky before you trash talk another team. "

Apparently, twice.

:D
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Enough of LN, they are overrated anyway.

Prior Lake, is it confirmed that their goalie is (was) ineligible.
If so, is he not allowed to play in sectionals?
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

I've heard he is not eligible to play yes, weird thing is he was on bench for last Sat. game I heard, seems odd. I know some folks over there were none too pleased that one of the options on the table was to forfeit games he played in AND lose all player stats from those games. G in question was enrolled at BSM for like 3 weeks this school year then left.
team22tank

Post by team22tank »

100percenteffort wrote:
team22tank wrote:
100percenteffort wrote: Enough already!! :roll:

You are brining way to much emotion into it Squirt. Did I hit a nerve or something? LN is going to come back down to reality next season, that isn't trash talk just a reality of the situation of having as much elite talent as they do on the way out.

There is going to be a lot of parity in the South Suburban. As far as the coach, it will be interesting if he can keep it going without the stars?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

elliott70 wrote:Enough of LN, they are overrated anyway.

Prior Lake, is it confirmed that their goalie is (was) ineligible.
If so, is he not allowed to play in sectionals?
There you go! Lets make sure the Lumberjacks don't stumble with the Spuds (who LN beat 10-1 btw) first. Epic meltdown coming from Eliot (one T) when that happens
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

team22tank wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:
team22tank wrote: Why? It will be interesting to see how good LN coach is when the Phoeling triplets are gone. Talk about rolling into a sweet deal.

You are brining way to much emotion into it Squirt. Did I hit a nerve or something? LN is going to come back down to reality next season, that isn't trash talk just a reality of the situation of having as much elite talent as they do on the way out.

There is going to be a lot of parity in the South Suburban. As far as the coach, it will be interesting if he can keep it going without the stars?
Are you the little guys JV coach over at Eagan?