Stars vs. Wild

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Irishmans Shanty

Stars vs. Wild

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Am I alone in that I am more loyal to the Stars than the Wild? I like the Wild, but I still know the Stars are still my team. When the two clubs meet, I pull for the Stars to get the two points. <p></p><i></i>
Blue Breeze

Re: Stars vs. Wild

Post by Blue Breeze »

I'm all Wild. It could be because I am too young to really remember the North Stars, but I just can't imagine rooting for a team in Texas, with a city that doesn't really appreciate how good of a team they have. <p></p><i></i>
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

I am old enough to remember the North Stars and I am still a Wild fan. It was different when the players on the team in Dallas were the same as when the team was in Minnesota. Since there was no team in Minnesota, and that wasn't the players fault, I rooted for them but didn't spend any money on their new logo items. Since it is basically just Modano left and he was just starting here and about done now it is really quite simple, Let's Go Wild! <p></p><i></i>
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

My old man loves the Vikes but he still wants to see the Pack do well. I never understood it but now I do, it goes back to the day when the Vikes didn't exist and the Pack was the only game around. Early bonds with teams are hard to break, though they've changed cities, colors, and names I know where they came from. <br><br>Those old enough to enjoy will never forget the spring of '91. The Cup wasn't won but for 8 weeks we were there every night following Big Bobby, Propp, Baz, Churla, Bureau, Ulf, Modano, Bellows, Casey, Acton, STU, Gaetan, Dalquist, Johnson, the Tin Man and Gainey behind the bench. We watched Keenan play musical goalies as the Presidents fell, we turned off the music in St. Louis, took out the Oilers, and died against Super Mario and a big Haired, teeny boping Czech named Jagr. <br><br>For those going back to the "Miracle era" we extinguised the Flames and fell to the Isles in five. Payne, Big Bobby, Roberts, Beaupre, Meloche, Broten, the Maxwells, MacAdam, and Dino were there, so was Glenn, I think he was driving the bus. <p></p><i></i>
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

While those are great memories that I also cherish, that was the Minnesota North Stars not the Dallas Stars. <p></p><i></i>