Mr Hockey 2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Sats81 wrote:
Just Checking wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Your credibility continues to decrease with your posts...if they don't stand out, who does?!?
My credibility? You started this thread the day after your boys got steamrolled in the state championship. Why? I am pretty sure I know the answer but I would like to hear it from you.

I think you might be a tad too close to them to be objective.

Like I said, they are terrific players, and there may be scouts that want to draft them, but I am tired of you and West Metro pumping their tires here on the forum because they are who they are.

I will give you some Stats. These come from the elite league where the SOS is a non factor, although once again Nick, we will leave Jack out since he was hurt, benefitted from being on the best team, with the best D and Goalies. In other words he never had to play against his own best team. And this also shows how the boys will fair on their own. Look at the Elite league website. There were 4 teams that scored between 90-106 goals, they were all the metro teams.

Nick was tied for 13th in the league in points with Jungles, Kaske and Dornbach.

Nice, but Tufto, Jaremko, Versich, Barnes, Lutz, and Malquist were all ahead of him in scoring just to name the seniors.

He was 5th on his own team.

Presently all of these guys are ahead of both Jack and Nick in the high school season as well. Coincidence? I would guess not.

BTW the points in the elite league are not run past the LVN auditor.

Those in glass houses should not throw pucks.

There will always be spiteful, jealous, angry people like yourself who instead of applauding kids for sticking around and trying to do something special will do everything they can do to tear them down. Pretty sad.
Your words below from a thread on Wayzata that turned to D conversation

"Personally, I think Sadek is very overrated. (Before I get this whole board jumping down my throat, let me elaborate) He skates excellent. No one will ever deny that. It really ends there though. Trust me. Ive watched him play 50+ times over the last couple years and I think its crazy there is talk of Gophers bringing him in next year. (well, not really considering how they play defense) His puck skills are average at best. His decision making is bad at best. He brings no physical play to the table, despite being at least 6'2". Instead of making the simple play he often thinks he's Paul Coffey and tries to go end to end, often times resulting in him overskating the play or just losing the puck creating odd man rushes the other way to which he often then takes a bone head penalty on. My opinion is he is starting to believe in his own hype. He needs at least 2 years of juniors to figure things out before he even thinks of playing big time college hockey. I'm not saying its not there. However, he needs someone to reign him in and teach him to play within his skillset.

Mcneely was better last year. He has great hands and obviously has the frame. Skates well and has very good patience with the puck. He also needs to play more physical. He is very good in his d zone and breaks pucks out very well regardless of how much pressure is on him. Rare I see him make mistakes in those situations. His acceleration could use work as he has SLOW feet."

Hmmm....? Didn't Sadek and Mcneely stick around to do something special? Would you classify this as spiteful, jealous, or angry? Are you worried that these two overrated players from your own team will take two precious spots on the Mr. Hockey list? Naw that can't be it. Must just be your fantastic objective eye for talent.:oops:

I have simply stated that Nick and Jack are very good players but statistically they are not point producers when they are not on the featured line on the best team in the state. Check out the stats as shown on the elite league website. 5th place on his own team. Best team in the league.

Not tearing them down, like I said just tired of you and your comments going unchecked. Then other people actually believing it without having seen it. I have seen them play over 15 times in the last 2 years. The elite league season was about right when playing against good/ equal competition. That is my opinion, and I am basing it on statistics. If you go back and look at the statistics from past years the leaders in the elite league are typically the guys we talk about for Mr. Hockey. Offensively and defensively. Why because they are the best players. Imagine that!!!! No need to worry about SOS or A vs AA. Simple.

BTW one of the guys you were impressed with in the thread about Wayzata was Achan, second in scoring among D men in elite league this year.

Pretty sure another window in your house just broke, might want to board it up. Or maybe just board them all up before they break.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

I've read this whole thread and I'm not sure what you two are actually arguing about. I don't think anybody is arguing that Nick or Jack will win Mr. Hockey. It'll be Jaremko or Malmquist, likely Jaremko. Maybe there's an argument that one or both of the twins will or won't be finalists? That won't really matter in the long run, but I'll wager they'll both be finalists if one doesn't pull away from the other in the next couple of games. If neither are finalists, no big deal, but it'd be difficult to pick either Sadek or McNeely ahead of both twins.

Somebody up thread made the point that they aren't good individually, but that's a moot point because they'll be at Green Bay together next season and SCSU together sometime after that. They're a package deal. End of story.
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

Personally I like the Wait kid as Mr Hockey, he's the guy that's the real catalyst on Edina while Malmquist gets the publicity. Love watching both kids play since they were about 10ish.

Jaremko would be my number 2 because frankly he is the best player in the state this year and will play in the NHL and the voters want Pierre Lebrun 7 years from now to say "Jaremko is from Minnesota perrenial power Elk River and was Mr Hockey in 2015" during a playoff game, something that won't be said with anyone else here.

Lakeville North is the best team in the state, the twins are the engine that drives that team, but the D pair are equally deserving..all 4 aren't going on the ballot but at least one of the group absolutely deserves to be, flip a coin.

If STA wins out and comes out of section 3AA, why not Tufto or Versich on the ballot at least, both are fantastic players leading a top flight team.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

The Exiled One wrote:I've read this whole thread and I'm not sure what you two are actually arguing about. I don't think anybody is arguing that Nick or Jack will win Mr. Hockey. It'll be Jaremko or Malmquist, likely Jaremko. Maybe there's an argument that one or both of the twins will or won't be finalists? That won't really matter in the long run, but I'll wager they'll both be finalists if one doesn't pull away from the other in the next couple of games. If neither are finalists, no big deal, but it'd be difficult to pick either Sadek or McNeely ahead of both twins.

Somebody up thread made the point that they aren't good individually, but that's a moot point because they'll be at Green Bay together next season and SCSU together sometime after that. They're a package deal. End of story.
I'm trying to figure the same thing out! I think Just checking would be happy if I just admitted that Nick and Jack are not good hockey players, don't deserve to be on the 1st line at LN, never deserved offers from SCSU and aren't as good as his stud son.
Sats81

Re: f

Post by Sats81 »

Tenoverpar wrote:Personally I like the Wait kid as Mr Hockey, he's the guy that's the real catalyst on Edina while Malmquist gets the publicity. Love watching both kids play since they were about 10ish.

Jaremko would be my number 2 because frankly he is the best player in the state this year and will play in the NHL and the voters want Pierre Lebrun 7 years from now to say "Jaremko is from Minnesota perrenial power Elk River and was Mr Hockey in 2015" during a playoff game, something that won't be said with anyone else here.

Lakeville North is the best team in the state, the twins are the engine that drives that team, but the D pair are equally deserving..all 4 aren't going on the ballot but at least one of the group absolutely deserves to be, flip a coin.

If STA wins out and comes out of section 3AA, why not Tufto or Versich on the ballot at least, both are fantastic players leading a top flight team.
He's a great player, he's only a Jr though, so not eligible to win it.
Just Checking

Re: Mr Hockey 2015

Post by Just Checking »

The Exiled One wrote:Updated accounting for known departures in no particular order...

Nick Poehling-F-Lakeville North
Jack Poehling-F-Lakeville North
Dylan Malmquist-F-Edina
Kobe Roth-F-Warroad
Jared Bethune-F-Warroad
Dixon Bowen-F-East Grand Forks
Jake Jaremko-F-Elk River
Christiano Versich-F-St. Thomas
Griffin Slightham-D-Rochester Lourdes
Ben Newhouse-D-Benilde
Seamus Donohue-D-St. Thomas
Lucas Gillett-F-Rosemount
Colin Gallagher-D-Sibley
Mark Kaske-F-Benilde
John Peterson-F-Holy Family
Chase Jungels-F-Benilde
Peter Tufto-F-St. Thomas
Sam Franta-D-Maple Grove
Jack Ahcan-D-Burnsville
Nick Reis-F-Cretin-Derham Hall
Jack Sadek-D-Lakeville North
Jack McNeely-D-Lakeville North
Jacob Olson-D-Hill-Murray

Elite League results will give us our frontrunners, though I think you could pencil in Bethune and Malmquist right now.
[/u]

This is what I am talking about TEO. Just as you stated on the first page of this thread. But I guess since they could not seperate themselves during the elite league we won't worry about those games when SOS is a non factor and they are not first PP.

5th in points on his own team. Clear enough?. I counted 4 metro teams. 48 forwards. Nick was tied for 13th with 3 other guys. 32 guys are behind him. That is exactly 1 third. Wow!!!!! Top 33%, really?

Change your mind?

I think I made my case quite clear, regarding their inability to stand out alone or when playing with equal comp.

I do not enjoy being called jealous, spiteful, or angry when voicing my opinion and backing it up with stats. That is why I am digging in. I am pissed off. Can you tell?

I do not like someone starting a thread with such obvious intentions and pretending to be objective in their assessment of others, when they are so clearly not.

I am beginning to wonder about your objectivity as well. I notice there is no particular order to your list......? I also notice that you are quick to deflect and just state they will be finalists.

I am an STA backer I will readily admit that. So this is what I would like but I can back it up with stats

I would like to see Tufto, Versich, and Donohue on the list. Tufto was second in the elite league in scoring, Versich, top 7, Donohue top D scorer. That is a hard league. A equal league, and an accurate mode to differentiate talent IMDOA. I think the scouts have the same DOA. The 3 cadets have all continued to be among the leaders in HS. I know they won't get 3 but 1 Forward an 1 D would be deserving.

So from watching the Elite and HS season, and stats. I would put 5 D on the list and here is my list in "no particular order" .....

Jaremko
Malmquist
Tufto
Bowen
Kero
Achan
Donohue
Olsen
Sadek
McNeely

Achan and Donohue are D1 and points guys for their teams, bottom three are D1 and NHL prospects. They stood out in the elite league defensively big time, their team gave up the fewest goals by a land slide. Others may not like the bottom two but I do, so do a bunch of NHL guys so I see.

Clear?

Could use some help from the peanut gallery. If you can put your popcorn down for a moment. :wink: :lol:
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Scoring and stats are all that matter according to just checking....!

STA backer? Talk about a DIFFICULT non-conf schedule! Tufto and Versich should put up 100 pts in that league if they want to be Mr. Hockey candidates.....
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Back to beginning of this thread, I have concentrated on the likely winners rather than the 10 nominees, because so difficult to narrow down to 10 this year for a variety of reasons which I wont again go into

Last fall , I indicated Bowen, Jaremko and Malmquist in that order. Now I would say Jaremko first and Malmquist a close second. At this point, I dont have a clear opinion about #3.

Just Checking, now that we see your actual list, as far as Im concerned your opinion is accepted along with anyone elses. But, now its also open to discussion. First, I happen to think its a little overly oriented to D Men, in a year where frankly hard to distinguish among the top tier Dmen, and also perhaps Karl could provide insight on how many Dmen are typically nominated. I also wonder how you left Versich and Broetzman off your list, if you are going to focus on top scorers; that would make 4 STA kids but why not go ahead and nominate 4 STA if you think that is right.( Some might think 4 STA kids would be right and some might think 4 LVN kids might be right. ) Bowen is a ways down the scoring list, and has not had the year some people expected, although possible he will have a blockbuster next couple weeks to finish. Finally, are you really going to ignore the top offensive line of the top and likely undefeated team in the state, is LVN just scoring and winning by magic? Agree with Exiled One that it would be next to impossible for voters to nominate both LVN Dmen without one or both of twins. So I happen to think they will nominate McN and Nick.

So yes I accept your list as your justified opinion, but Im not sure any thread reader would agree on the top 10 nominees this year. We will just have to wait for the ballot results in a couple weeks.

I guess the final point is your focus on Elite League results. I go to as many Elite games as anyone. But Elite play does not have the dynamics of full contact, team motivation, team strategy, etc. Also, there is individual skill growth between September and February. Did Kero even play last fall? Also, some individuals seem to display less talent during the regular season that did during Elite, you have one on your list .
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Sats81 wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:I've read this whole thread and I'm not sure what you two are actually arguing about. I don't think anybody is arguing that Nick or Jack will win Mr. Hockey. It'll be Jaremko or Malmquist, likely Jaremko. Maybe there's an argument that one or both of the twins will or won't be finalists? That won't really matter in the long run, but I'll wager they'll both be finalists if one doesn't pull away from the other in the next couple of games. If neither are finalists, no big deal, but it'd be difficult to pick either Sadek or McNeely ahead of both twins.

I'm trying to figure the same thing out! I think Just checking would be happy if I just admitted that Nick and Jack are not good hockey players, don't deserve to be on the 1st line at LN, never deserved offers from SCSU and aren't as good as his stud son.
These are your words not mine. I have not said anything of the sort. But it does provide me with critical insight as to why you started this post. Could there be a complex here?
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Just Checking wrote:Jaremko
Malmquist
Tufto
Bowen
Kero
Achan
Donohue
Olsen
Sadek
McNeely
So, just to be clear, this whole argument comes down to predicting who will be nominated? Thanks for sharing your guess. I guess we'll all know before too long.

I'll share my top 10 guess next week. It will likely have a Poehling on it.
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Sats81 wrote:Scoring and stats are all that matter according to just checking....!

STA backer? Talk about a DIFFICULT non-conf schedule! Tufto and Versich should put up 100 pts in that league if they want to be Mr. Hockey candidates.....
I think it is time for you to recuse yourself. This is way too easy for me and you seem to have a serious conflict of interest.

Are you an LVN team backer? Does not appear so, the way you threw your 2 D-men under the bus. WM was asking about physical play and you blasted both of your "over rated" D1 D. Here is a stat They gave up the fewest points in the elite league and they are leaders in goals against in the HS season as well. Geez how are they doing it? Overrated?

Maybe you are just a big twins fan??

In regards to your sarcastic comment about the easy STA schedule. Maybe you should look up some stats before you post. By the end of the season STA will have played a harder schedule according to this website.

http://www.ushsho.com/mnrank.htm

SOS presently is 12.8 LVN vs 12.7 STA./ :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tufto and Versich outscored them in the fall they are outscoring them right now with the same SOS. There is a head scratcher? #-o

Incidentally Tufto and Versich played on separate teams in the fall and separate lines now at STA. Tufto with Broetzman and Versich with Jerry.

I think since your house is all boarded up I will change to a new metaphor.

Before the days of refrigeration, fish were packed and stored in large barrels. The barrels were packed to the rim full of fish. Any shot that entered the barrel would hit at least one of them. Thus nothing can be easier than shooting fish in a barrel. I figured you would want the full explanation so as to avoid confusion.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Just Checking wrote:
Sats81 wrote:Scoring and stats are all that matter according to just checking....!

I think it is time for you to recuse yourself. This is way too easy for me and you seem to have a serious conflict of interest.

Are you an LVN team backer? Does not appear so, the way you threw your 2 D-men under the bus. WM was asking about physical play and you blasted both of your "over rated" D1 D. Here is a stat They gave up the fewest points in the elite league and they are leaders in goals against in the HS season as well. Geez how are they doing it? Overrated?

Maybe you are just a big twins fan??

In regards to your sarcastic comment about the easy STA schedule. Maybe you should look up some stats before you post. By the end of the season STA will have played a harder schedule according to this website.

http://www.ushsho.com/mnrank.htm

SOS presently is 12.8 LVN vs 12.7 STA./ :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tufto and Versich outscored them in the fall they are outscoring them right now with the same SOS. There is a head scratcher? #-o

Incidentally Tufto and Versich played on separate teams in the fall and separate lines now at STA. Tufto with Broetzman and Versich with Jerry.

I think since your house is all boarded up I will change to a new metaphor.

Before the days of refrigeration, fish were packed and stored in large barrels. The barrels were packed to the rim full of fish. Any shot that entered the barrel would hit at least one of them. Thus nothing can be easier than shooting fish in a barrel. I figured you would want the full explanation so as to avoid confusion.
Thanks for the poetic explanation "Stats Guy" Change your username, fits you more appropriately.

I am glad you have now wasted DAYS doing research (thank god for hockey hub) and probably more time stalking my posts....all for the point of ??

I'll stick to my assesment of Sadek, and if any team can figure out how to play physical and exploit their D they will have success. Until then, young Bobby Orr will continue to attempt coast to coast rushes, turning pucks over in the neutral zone, creating odd man rushes the other way, leaving his netminder hung out to dry, only to save his tail time and time again. (Sounds like a perfect future gopher)

" WM was asking about physical play and you blasted both of your "over rated" D1 D. Here is a stat They gave up the fewest points in the elite league and they are leaders in goals against in the HS season as well. Geez how are they doing it? Overrated?"

Again, you think because their TEAM gave up the fewest goals in the elite league it was all because of them? How about the goaltending? Forwards backchecking? Other d-men on their team?

Everything you are trying to say is based off of STATS, "Stats Guy".

Go to a game, watch, observe. Believe it or not, Stats can be very misleading "Stats Guy".
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

The Exiled One wrote:
Malmquist
Tufto
Bowen
Kero
Achan
Donohue
Olsen
Sadek
McNeely
So, just to be clear, this whole argument comes down to predicting who will be nominated? Thanks for sharing your guess. I guess we'll all know before too long.

No, Who should be nominated.... is what I am focusing on...

And the argument will be over as soon as Sats admits that he is a Fan or a relative of the Twins and the twins only, and he has been on this board signing their praises about being 200 foot players this, and great teammates that, all the intangibles because the tangibles don't add up.

When everyone else is watching numbers and games and goals against and future potential etc.

It is disingenuous at best...
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Just Checking wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:
Malmquist
Tufto
Bowen
Kero
Achan
Donohue
Olsen
Sadek
McNeely

And the argument will be over as soon as Sats admits that he is a Fan or a relative of the Twins and the twins only, and he has been on this board signing their praises about being 200 foot players this, and great teammates that, all the intangibles because the tangibles don't add up.

When everyone else is watching numbers and games and goals against and future potential etc.

Or the argument will be over as soon as you get a life (or a job, BF, etc)...anything better to do then study STATS, "Stats Guy"
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Just Checking wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:
Malmquist
Tufto
Bowen
Kero
Achan
Donohue
Olsen
Sadek
McNeely

Nick and Jack are NOT as good as your son. Never have been or will be. They are the benefactors of 2 future NHL dmen, a younger star brother with pro potential and a recruited D1 goalie, done by me. Their mom, dad, uncle all rolled into the same person!

Happy Stats Guy?
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Sats81 wrote:
Just Checking wrote:
The Exiled One wrote: So, just to be clear, this whole argument comes down to predicting who will be nominated? Thanks for sharing your guess. I guess we'll all know before too long.

Or the argument will be over as soon as you get a life (or a job, BF, etc)...anything better to do then study STATS, "Stats Guy"
Are you the twins younger brother? Like way younger brother? Please don't call me four eyes or smarty pants, or nerd. :roll: :roll:

Since we are changing names I will take Stats Guy if you go with Carp :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bluelightspecial

Post by Bluelightspecial »

Sats, I believe you've met your match!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Just Checking wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Just Checking wrote: No, Who should be nominated.... is what I am focusing on...

Are you the twins younger brother? Like way younger brother? Please don't call me four eyes or smarty pants, or nerd. :roll: :roll:

Since we are changing names I will take Stats Guy if you go with Carp :lol: :lol: :lol:
Done! and just for the record, I think Jaremko will win this award, followed closely by Malmquist who are the 2 best HS players in MN this year. I don't care what anyone says or thinks, but the twins deserve to be finalists, along with McNeely.
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Sats81 wrote:
Just Checking wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Or the argument will be over as soon as you get a life (or a job, BF, etc)...anything better to do then study STATS, "Stats Guy"

Done! and just for the record, I think Jaremko will win this award, followed closely by Malmquist who are the 2 best HS players in MN this year. I don't care what anyone says or thinks, but the twins deserve to be finalists, along with McNeely.
So it 's a deal you are going with Carp?
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Just Checking wrote:No, Who should be nominated.... is what I am focusing on...
Coward. Just grow a pair and call it your prediction. Is your ego too fragile to handle being proven wrong? Otherwise, your opinions are yours and they are no more valid than Sats81's, WestMetro's, or mine. Put up or shut up.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I suggest that anyone who does not want to be banned should take a few deep breaths here. This has gotten pretty absurd.

To answer an earlier question, there are almost always 2-4 defensemen nominated.

I'll put out a list later today or tomorrow, for anyone who's interested.
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

karl(east) wrote:I suggest that anyone who does not want to be banned should take a few deep breaths here. This has gotten pretty absurd.

To answer an earlier question, there are almost always 2-4 defensemen nominated.

So we are not changing names??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK< I will get back to work, thanks Karl.
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

Who is Kero? Who does he play for? Never heard of him. :?
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

karl(east) wrote:I suggest that anyone who does not want to be banned should take a few deep breaths here. This has gotten pretty absurd.

And I was just starting to get some good laughs. I guess I'll have to go find more of elliott's posts.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Just Checking wrote:

So we are not changing names??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK< I will get back to work, thanks Karl.
Well, we admins are the only ones who can actually change names on here. Do you really want to see how creative I can get? :twisted: