Percent chance LVN does not lose a game.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

% chance LVN does not lose a game

>80%
32%
60% -80%
15%
40%-60%
8%
20%-40%
12%
<10%
32%

Total votes: 59

Just Checking

Percent chance LVN does not lose a game.

Post by Just Checking »

Looking at the schedule, after today vs Wayzata, LVN does not appear to have many challengers left to play during the regular season.

I say 70% chance they go undefeated regular season.

25% they don't lose.
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

100% They are the greatest public school team ever recruited - oops I mean assembled – oops you know what I mean :roll:
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:100% They are the greatest public school team ever recruited - oops I mean assembled – oops you know what I mean :roll:
I'm pretty sure that award goes to Edina! :shock: at least they are all from the same city!!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Wayzata will come out flying today and will be very tough to beat. They got DE in a few weeks who will be very difficult, PL twice, Burnsville and Farmington again and the rivalry factor game against South at their barn. Definitely not gonna be easy road.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

Sats81 wrote:Wayzata will come out flying today and will be very tough to beat. They got DE in a few weeks who will be very difficult, PL twice, Burnsville and Farmington again and the rivalry factor game against South at their barn. Definitely not gonna be easy road.
DE is struggling against Eastview. I don't see how they will be difficult for Lakeville North.
cigar

Post by cigar »

LN will lose one before sections.

if they don't lose before the state tourney it will not win it.. if the lose one during the season i think it increases its chances of winning state…
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Traxler wrote:
Sats81 wrote:Wayzata will come out flying today and will be very tough to beat. They got DE in a few weeks who will be very difficult, PL twice, Burnsville and Farmington again and the rivalry factor game against South at their barn. Definitely not gonna be easy road.
DE is struggling against Eastview. I don't see how they will be difficult for Lakeville North.
A lot of pride and deep history in DE program. Great coaching and a little puck luck..anything can happen.

Very difficult to run the table...deeper you go into season undefeated, harder it is to keep it going as you always get everyones best game.

Ask the 2011-12 DE team.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

cigar wrote:LN will lose one before sections.

if they don't lose before the state tourney it will not win it.. if the lose one during the season i think it increases its chances of winning state…
Agreed on this.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I notice the polling on this question is all over the board.

But after watching them run the gauntlet at Aldrich last week and SLP this week, Panthers get my vote >90 % chance they will go undefeated thru regular season. Absent any major injuries of course. ( First undefeated/untied AA team since Jags in '93 I think?)

10% chance probably Duluth East. Even though he has an off talent year, Mike Randolph might be able to best strategize positioning to close Poehling lanes at neutral ice, and motivate better shotblocking also.

At the State Tournament, anything can happen. They would be the odds on favorite. Biggest challenge at the X will be the head game of overcoming their own history there, and staying disciplined and out of the box.

I have to say, I am very impressed with the fan base following the Panthers around all over the metro. They seemed to outnumber and outyell both Hill and BSM on their home ice. At Aldrich, we sat on visitor side and had to move off the red line over to the blue line to get away from Panther fans standing 10 rows deep in front of us. Expect this cult to further build each game as they go deeper and deeper into season , approaching undefeated legendary status.
green4

Post by green4 »

[quote="WestMetro"]I notice the polling on this question is all over the board.

But after watching them run the gauntlet at Aldrich last week and SLP this week, Panthers get my vote >90 % chance they will go undefeated thru regular season. Absent any major injuries of course. ( First undefeated/untied AA team since Jags in '93 I think?)

[/quote

Pretty sure Roseau had a team that was undefeated during the regular season in like 07-08. They lost to Hill in the semi's and then BSM in the 3rd place game
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

Well, it'll definitely take the power of every team in the state combined to slay the dragon. Kind of like when it took Snuka, Bravo, Smash, Haku, DiBiase and Neidhart to eliminate Earthquake from Royal Rumble 1990.

These Sedin triplets are something special, there's no debate there. But overall, Lakeville is just a flash in the pan. These geeks have a pretty cheap, discounted/free ride to state, and it'll take minimal effort to pull off a state championship and/or this undefeated season. I never played hockey, and I think I could go to state if I was in 1AA. It's my opinion that if the Hockey Gods allow this fate, there be an asterisk next to their name in the record book, with the fine print of "skipped section tournament."

Sure, Farmington has cracked the top 20 in LPH rankings, which is fun and all for the sake of drama & build up. Something to talk & write about. But let's be realistic.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

green4 wrote:
WestMetro wrote:I notice the polling on this question is all over the board.

[/quote

Pretty sure Roseau had a team that was undefeated during the regular season in like 07-08. They lost to Hill in the semi's and then BSM in the 3rd place game
There is no comparison between that 07-08 Roseau team and this LVN squad. That Roseau team was riding on the reputation of the previous season's championship finish and a pretty soft schedule. They really hadn't been tested all season. They looked very cocky, especially Ness, in the quarterfinal game.

LVN on the other hand, has a very respectable schedule, and is motivated by falling one game short last season.

But I would say that the Hill game makes me think that it is unlikely they will go undefeated. They outplayed Hill for two periods, with only a two goal lead to show for it. The 3rd period was completely different, their power play went for tic-tact-toe to "is the JV out there now?". Hill came very close to tieing the game.

It can be a very difficult spot to be in if you're unfamiliar with it, with LVN as group is. Has this group won any state championships on the way up? I don't know, I'm just asking. If these kids have been in this situation before, that can help a lot.
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

I got Lakeville North running the table, uncrowning Edina at the X and laying stake as arguably the best team in Minnesota high school hockey history..the only way they lose if they just flat out don't show up one night..we would have to go back to last year around this time when ONE North faithful was on the board touting this group and everyone was like..no way...and even Karl was like...I guess we'll move them up a spot here and there....whoever that was last year in November/December..spot on assessment of the value in this group of players...
SidneysDogHouse

Re: f

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

Tenoverpar wrote:I got Lakeville North running the table, uncrowning Edina at the X and laying stake as arguably the best team in Minnesota high school hockey history..the only way they lose if they just flat out don't show up one night..we would have to go back to last year around this time when ONE North faithful was on the board touting this group and everyone was like..no way...and even Karl was like...I guess we'll move them up a spot here and there....whoever that was last year in November/December..spot on assessment of the value in this group of players...
I would agree on running the table, but the best team ever...that's a stretch.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

I really do like this LVN team but any discussion about best team ever is way over the top. Ever includes all the years when almost every top player in the state stayed in high school and privates were not cherry picking top kids out of public programs. Its really like 2 different eras. If 10-15 years down the road we can look back at this group and see the success at the college and professional level that some of those great Jefferson teams had I'd be willing to add them to the conversation but for now I think the best team this year is as far as I'd go.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Regarding the free ride to state: it's pretty tough to argue that getting there out of 1AA is easier than almost all the other sections but this section has a Consolation title a third and a second over the past few years so it's pretty clear they can compete when they get there.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

I don't know anything about this discussion, but I get this disturbing feeling that STA wins the AA title.......or maybe I'm sleeping and having a nightmare.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Tenoverpar wrote:I got Lakeville North running the table, uncrowning Edina at the X and laying stake as arguably the best team in Minnesota high school hockey history..the only way they lose if they just flat out don't show up one night..we would have to go back to last year around this time when ONE North faithful was on the board touting this group and everyone was like..no way...and even Karl was like...I guess we'll move them up a spot here and there....whoever that was last year in November/December..spot on assessment of the value in this group of players...
You got to be JOKING about laying stake as arguably the best team in Minnesota high school hockey history...CORRECT? They have a nice team...got a good chance at taking State this year...end of story.
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

hockey59 wrote:
You got to be JOKING about laying stake as arguably the best team in Minnesota high school hockey history...CORRECT? They have a nice team...got a good chance at taking State this year...end of story.
Well certainly not as good as the 2002/03 Tornados :lol:
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

"IF" they run the table end to end...winning state...they will arguably have had the best season in history..."IF"... this would put them in the conversation of best team in history....of course its January 2nd and injuries, puck bounces, penalties, off nights..they all happen so we should delay the remainder of this discussion until there's 8 teams scheduled for the X
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Its definitely early, and as I pointed out earlier in this thread, they have a lot of tough regular season games left (regardless of what some people think).

If they did run the table to the X and happen to win it all I definitely think they would at that point, deserve to be in the conversation of one of best teams ever.

The non-conf schedule they put together was/is one of the toughest in the state....Edina, HM, Wayzata, BSM, DE, Moorhead, Grand Rapids, etc.
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

keepyourheadup wrote:I really do like this LVN team but any discussion about best team ever is way over the top. Ever includes all the years when almost every top player in the state stayed in high school and privates were not cherry picking top kids out of public programs.
I was thinking this, too.
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

LVN is certainly a nice team who I think has a very good chance to play on Sat. night for all the marbles, but I don't think high school hockey overall is that good this year. Just my opinion, I don't see the depth of quality teams or players. Hopefully that will change but the last couple years haven't seemed to be that great compared even to more recent years. Don't have any metrics on that just the eye test at the many games I've seen.
Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:100% They are the greatest public school team ever recruited - oops I mean assembled – oops you know what I mean :roll:
North would have had more new players this year but 3-4 players from South decided not to make the jump (follow the North assistant coach). But that is another thread. North has 3 very good lines and a goalie that can stop the puck on any given day. They have a 90-95% chance of staying undefeated this year.