White Bear Lake "at" Mounds View 12/6 7:30PM

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win?

The Bears of White Bear Lake
83%
The Mustangs of Mounds View
17%

Total votes: 6

Wblhcky2424

White Bear Lake "at" Mounds View 12/6 7:30PM

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

This game is being played in the small rink or the "Bremer Rink" as it used to be called at the Vadnais Sports Center which is now the Mustangs home rink. If you plan on going to the game you might as well sleep at the rink tonight cause there is not very much seating in the rink. Also the Bears girls hockey team will be playing in White Bear's rink at 7:15 so the parking will be horrible (it is with just one game going on) Another interesting thing is the Bears and Mustangs locker rooms are right next to each other so it'll be fun to see how that works out since they share the same showers. I'm sure they'll make sure they aren't walking over to the other rink at the same time

The game isn't at Shoreview Arena so the Bears actually have a chance to win

WBL 5

MV 2
100percenteffort

Re: White Bear Lake "at" Mounds View 12/6 7:30PM

Post by 100percenteffort »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:This game is being played in the small rink or the "Bremer Rink" as it used to be called at the Vadnais Sports Center which is now the Mustangs home rink. If you plan on going to the game you might as well sleep at the rink tonight cause there is not very much seating in the rink. Also the Bears girls hockey team will be playing in White Bear's rink at 7:15 so the parking will be horrible (it is with just one game going on) Another interesting thing is the Bears and Mustangs locker rooms are right next to each other so it'll be fun to see how that works out since they share the same showers. I'm sure they'll make sure they aren't walking over to the other rink at the same time

The game isn't at Shoreview Arena so the Bears actually have a chance to win

WBL 5

MV 2
Ogie, are you going???? You better bring an instrument :lol:
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Hearing that they are only allowing 400 people in
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

What idiot decieded this was a good idea, as much as I hated Shoreview, I'd rather go there.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:Hearing that theyw are only allowing 400 people in
why would they do that? Website says it holds over 600.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Bears win 5-2

Giller with a hatty (3rd was an empty netter) and Matthew Pitcher and Wyatt Newpower had the other goals.

Bob Parenteau was the 3rd goalie to start for the Bears this season and 3rd to get their first varsity win. I think Sager found his starter in Parenteau tonight.

Bears controlled most of the play until the 3rd period where the Mustangs outplayed them for most of the period.

Once again the Bears couldn't stay out of the box which has been a problem in all 3 games this season
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Can somebody from Moundsview explain why they use this rink for their home games this year? Is Shoreview being closed? Don't they have a rink at the Super Rink in Blaine?
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

BodyShots wrote:Can somebody from Moundsview explain why they use this rink for their home games this year? Is Shoreview being closed? Don't they have a rink at the Super Rink in Blaine?
The sheet at the Schwan's (Rink 4) is Irondale HS's home rink, but the rest of the ice time belongs to the combined Mounds View Irondale Youth Hockey Association. So, you will see MVI Bantam games played there, but no MVHS.

I'm not sure why MVHS switched their home rink. I think it has something to do with the arrangement between Ramsey county and the 621 school district. Ramsey county owns all of Schwan's Rink 4, Shoreview, and Vadnais Sports Center.

I'm with the MVI association, so I don't have all the details on MVHS, but I could get them.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

I know the PA announcer said Mounds View's next home game on Tuesday is at the super rink. Not sure if that is the only time they'll be playing at the super rink. I also believe they are playing a couple home games at Aldrich
Knight7

Post by Knight7 »

Ask Nitti if he still coaches at WBL. When he was at Moundsview he wanted a house that people hated to come to, in that Ramsey Cty shack. It was him that drove the deal to play there. The hope that opponents were going to think about the cold more than the game. He was at Rink 4 at NSC before that.
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

If I'm going to criticize Vadnais Sports Center to no end, I better give them props where props is due. Great work by the arena staff in terms of crowd control. It wasn't over-crowded, and the 400 limit was just about the right number to let in. Great work by all involved.

Also the Vadnais Sports Center is the absolute worst facility in hockey and I can't stand it anymore. I would rather have the Bears play their home games at Lily Lake Arena.