Hibbing BAA

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

edgeless2

Hibbing BAA

Post by edgeless2 »

Not sure how many of you folks have seen this team, but they are a legit contender to win it all. Recent swing through the metro had them beating 3 top 10 teams. I know some of y'all have a problem with recognition but this Peronuvich (sp) kid is one of the best I've seen all year. Before all the spittin starts I'm a cities guy with cities kids. I do love the fact that a small town Northern team could come down and have a solid shot at the trophy.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I've seen them. My sons team [FL] was in the Bemidji tourny early they were very good then. Then I saw Hibbing two weeks ago in the Hibbing tourny and they have gotten even better . I would saythey are as good as WBL/Stillwater. [I've seen these teams a couple times each as well].
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

We will find out tonight how good they are. They go into IRA Civic Center and take on Grand Rapids. Both are T10 teams.

Should be a good one.
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:We will find out tonight how good they are. They go into IRA Civic Center and take on Grand Rapids. Both are T10 teams.

Should be a good one.
Surprised if this is their first meet this season ... are the two towns like EP/Edina distance?! GR is a very good team indeed.
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

Mnhockeys wrote:
YouthHockeyHub wrote:We will find out tonight how good they are. They go into IRA Civic Center and take on Grand Rapids. Both are T10 teams.

Should be a good one.
Surprised if this is their first meet this season ... are the two towns like EP/Edina distance?! GR is a very good team indeed.
It was the second meeting... Grand Rapids won the first one in Hibbing 5-3, and they won at home tonight by a similar 6-4 score.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Don't get me on your team's bandwagon!! GR is going all the way. :wink:
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

edgeless2 wrote:Don't get me on your team's bandwagon!! GR is going all the way. :wink:
What did you jump off the EP Bandwagon? Why would you leave that horse :?:

Everyone knows this is a two team race, the Eagles and Ponies will be playing the final Sunday, Hibbing is a nice story but can't compete vs those teams.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
edgeless2 wrote:Don't get me on your team's bandwagon!! GR is going all the way. :wink:

Everyone knows this is a two team race, the Eagles and Ponies will be playing the final Sunday, Hibbing is a nice story but can't compete vs those teams.
Let's just say my prognostication skills continue to fail me. I was down on ER earlier this year because of their schedule and they continue to mop everyone up, outside of two one off losses. Stillwater is an awesome team as is EP. When it gets down to single elims, I would not say any team is unbeatable. That is unless I predict them to lose. :wink:
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

What I am sure I do not know is how the new format for regions and state will work out. As it has been explained to me, it seems to lend itself to getting the top teams to state. I am unsure how these Northern teams will be affected. Will they have to travel to fit into their slot at regions or will they just be placed in the Northern region with the big dogs from up North fighting for their 2 slots at state?
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

Northern Region is seperate from "cities" teams. They have 2 spots at state. Teams from Districts 11,12,15,16 will battle it out for the two spots.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

edgeless2 wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote:

Let's just say my prognostication skills continue to fail me. I was down on ER earlier this year because of their schedule and they continue to mop everyone up, outside of two one off losses. Stillwater is an awesome team as is EP. When it gets down to single elims, I would not say any team is unbeatable. That is unless I predict them to lose. :wink:
Case in point! ER loses to GR today. It's really uncanny! I'm like mush from is it "A Bronx Tale"? Although I did throw myself the knuckleball with the GR going all the way, in this thread. Geez now I'm confusing myself and will officially resign from all bandwagons.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Hibbing is still going.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Will all these kids go to hs in Hibbing or will some leave for places like Duluth east, hermantown, or Duluth Marshall.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

With this group, will they opt up to AA for HS and challenge East?
Newguy_10

Post by Newguy_10 »

No that would make no sense. They just lost to Hermantown who is in there single A section. They haven't beat GR all year and Elk Rivers team is strong as we all know and this Duluth East Bantam team is weak compared to years past I don't see Hibbing ever moving up to AA hockey in high school. Great team though it's fun to be able to watch small towns like GR and Hibbing and Hermantown compete at the Bantam AA level
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Hate to say it, but, told you so :wink: