Goalies 2014-2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SidneysDogHouse

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

WestMetro wrote:No I meant is Keith Muehlbauer next to leave Eastview.

Anyway, with various inputs about Lindgren, Aherns and Rasmussen all potentially leaving, who would that leave as the top MSHSL AA goalie (assuming Edquist stays put?) Goodman?
He'll be up there as well as some others (Howg, Kuemichael, Schilling, Long, Heifort to name a few) who have a year of varsity under their belts. There's always a surprise or two.
bemused

Post by bemused »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:

Anyway, with various inputs about Lindgren, Aherns and Rasmussen all potentially leaving, who would that leave as the top MSHSL AA goalie (assuming Edquist stays put?) Goodman?
He'll be up there as well as some others (Howg, Kuemichael, Schilling, Long, Heifort to name a few) who have a year of varsity under their belts. There's always a surprise or two.
No guarantee for BSM returner, they have
a prodigal son coming back from Michigan.
SidneysDogHouse

bemused wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:

No guarantees for anyone...
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Im was surprised to see Goodman had to tryout for Elite League last weekend, rather than being preselected. So did Howg.
SidneysDogHouse

WestMetro wrote:Im was surprised to see Goodman had to tryout for Elite League last weekend, rather than being preselected. So did Howg.
Does anything surprise you about the Elite league?

I heard it wasn't a great showing from quite a few of the goalies yesterday, not sure how they will handle the to-be returner goalie departures (well, 1 for now, but most likely two more).
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I guess we shouldn't forget about Lubbesmeyer who was right up there in stats last season and took Burnsville deep into the season, and who I assume was an Elite preselection because was not on the tryout roster.
SidneysDogHouse

WestMetro wrote:I guess we shouldn't forget about Lubbesmeyer who was right up there in stats last season and took Burnsville deep into the season, and who I assume was an Elite preselection because was not on the tryout roster.
Good catch, forgot about him. He could make some waves this season. Jack Burkel as well...
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Not sure how EV was in the top 10 for WestMetro but timing is everything. Sadly I think KM is gone as well knowing Driscoll was his buddy. EV looks like AV from 4 years ago and may not be top 20. This does show how smart Karl is not to put pen to paper with his rankings in the summer. Lindgren is probably gone already and just not broken it to Almost or Happy or even Scorekeeper.

To be sure I'm right on something sometime Krych leaving TG will hurt but I can't blame him for the move. Wayzata will be fine with the back-up goalie. Edquist can't win the Brimsek award next year since he's a junior but will probably be eligible playing for a MSHSL school that has become very good at attracting some talent (fka recruiting). The sun will come up tomorrow and you can bet your bottom dollar. :twisted:
Hockey922

Post by Hockey922 »

if say Jancze from CDH, been in Lindgren and driscolls shadow in 3AA for some time, could prove himself with departures
Deep Breath

Post by Deep Breath »

Who is coming back from Michigan for the Red Knights?
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Deep Breath wrote:Who is coming back from Michigan for the Red Knights?
Based on the description, I would have guessed Jake Kielly, but he's going to be in Austin rotating with Driscoll.
OneMoreYear

Post by OneMoreYear »

The Exiled One wrote:
Based on the description, I would have guessed Jake Kielly, but he's going to be in Austin rotating with Driscoll.
I assumed it was a reference to P. Thome, but he was playing for Chicago Fury?
SidneysDogHouse

OneMoreYear wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:
I assumed it was a reference to P. Thome, but he was playing for Chicago Fury?
I believe it's Drew Scites
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:I believe it's Drew Scites
OMGHA as a bantam?
Deep Breath

Post by Deep Breath »

[quote="SidneysDogHouse"][quote="OneMoreYear"][quote="The Exiled One"][quote="Deep Breath"]Who is coming back from Michigan for the Red Knights?[/quote]
Based on the description, I would have guessed Jake Kielly, but he's going to be in Austin rotating with Driscoll.[/quote]

I assumed it was a reference to P. Thome, but he was playing for Chicago Fury?[/quote]

I believe it's Drew Scites[/quote]

Scites is anot a bantam. And if accurate, is not an upgrade from what BSM had in goal a year ago.
SidneysDogHouse

Deep Breath wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:
OneMoreYear wrote: I assumed it was a reference to P. Thome, but he was playing for Chicago Fury?
I believe it's Drew Scites

Scites is anot a bantam. And if accurate, is not an upgrade from what BSM had in goal a year ago.
He was a Bantam in MG, but left for Compuware and played two years there, now back.
Deep Breath

Post by Deep Breath »

[quote="SidneysDogHouse"][quote="Deep Breath"][quote="SidneysDogHouse"][quote="OneMoreYear"][quote="The Exiled One"][quote="Deep Breath"]Who is coming back from Michigan for the Red Knights?[/quote]
Based on the description, I would have guessed Jake Kielly, but he's going to be in Austin rotating with Driscoll.[/quote]

I assumed it was a reference to P. Thome, but he was playing for Chicago Fury?[/quote]

I believe it's Drew Scites[/quote]

Scites is anot a bantam. And if accurate, is not an upgrade from what BSM had in goal a year ago.[/quote]

He was a Bantam in MG, but left for Compuware and played two years there, now back.[/quote]

Yes, i was reading it as the poster thought he was bantam-age this coming year, which he is obviously not. Either way, not an upgrade over Long and/or Bischel.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Deep Breath wrote:Yes, i was reading it as the poster thought he was bantam-age this coming year, which he is obviously not. Either way, not an upgrade over Long and/or Bischel.
No, the question was meant as "Did he previously play bantam hockey in OMGHA before moving to play AAA hockey in Michigan?"

SidneysDogHouse answered the question for me. Thanks.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

As far as Long and BSM, Long was not a top 50 stat goalie last year , and he could/should have been up there with the level of offensive and defensive talent protection he had. He had some individual flashes of brilliance like against STA, but overall BSM was inconsistent . But it wasn't just Long, things were breaking down in their system too often. Ive got BSM ranked pretty high for next year with all their returning talent, I count 7 high talent people and possibly more, with 3 of them on OTB national list and one D1 already. But they need to improve their consistency whether its Long in goal or somebody else.
SidneysDogHouse

WestMetro wrote:As far as Long and BSM, Long was not a top 50 stat goalie last year , and he could/should have been up there with the level of offensive and defensive talent protection he had. He had some individual flashes of brilliance like against STA, but overall BSM was inconsistent . But it wasn't just Long, things were breaking down in their system too often. Ive got BSM ranked pretty high for next year with all their returning talent, I count 7 high talent people and possibly more, with 3 of them on OTB national list and one D1 already. But they need to improve their consistency whether its Long in goal or somebody else.
Agreed. It's a tough place for a goaltender no matter how good. You need at least 90% to be good, anything more if a team defense/goalie combo. But, having someone go through the meat grinder for a season should...help. Both went through it with Long dealing with more of it. When the team plays as such, things worked, just as it is with any team. If you break down in any of the zones, most of the time you will pay. There haven't been many goalies who have survived or succeeded in that scenario. We will see...the talent is there, and that doesn't include any new names...
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Someone should start a new thread on 2014-2015 goalies, and paste over the last couple pages of this thread

But, if we believe the discussions: Aherns, Lindgren and Rasmussen will all be leaving in addition to Driscoll. ( Aherns worked out with Wayzata today)

That would leave the top 3 most battle tested returners to AA top 20 teams to be Goodman , Howg Lubbesmeyer. Edquist, if he returns to LVN, would certainly be comparable within that top group , but not necessarily a slam dunk higher?

BSM looking elsewhere, but Long with a year experience under his belt and more consistent team play could rise to the occasion.

Heifort and Jancze could belong in the next group of goalie talent from non top 20 teams. Would Heifort get an automatic return to Elite League from last year? As far as last regular season, Heifort had .92 in 271 minutes of a weak schedule.

Cant say I know enough about Boe, Schilling, Snow, Wendlandt, or goalies from other top teams who graduated senior goalies.
SidneysDogHouse

WestMetro wrote:Someone should start a new thread on 2014-2015 goalies, and paste over the last couple pages of this thread

But, if we believe the discussions: Aherns, Lindgren and Rasmussen will all be leaving in addition to Driscoll. ( Aherns worked out with Wayzata today)

That would leave the top 3 most battle tested returners to AA top 20 teams to be Goodman , Howg Lubbesmeyer. Edquist, if he returns to LVN, would certainly be comparable within that top group , but not necessarily a slam dunk higher?

BSM looking elsewhere, but Long with a year experience under his belt and more consistent team play could rise to the occasion.

Heifort and Jancze could belong in the next group of goalie talent from non top 20 teams. Would Heifort get an automatic return to Elite League from last year? As far as last regular season, Heifort had .92 in 271 minutes of a weak schedule.

Cant say I know enough about Boe, Schilling, Snow, Wendlandt, or goalies from other top teams who graduated senior goalies.
Sounds like a great idea! I'll respond there after you post! :)
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Split off from the "who's leaving," thread, as requested.
SidneysDogHouse

karl(east) wrote:Split off from the "who's leaving," thread, as requested.
I've also heard a rumor of Lubbesmeyer leaving...probably not probable, but...
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

BSM will be fine in goal. They have senior in Long and Bischel who is out in NY and likely to make the USA team. Plus Stauber will provide depth if needed. Not sure who else is there but there are 4 or 5 more that have been at STP. Scott was there but is off to BT to my understanding.