Why is LNorth getting no respect?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GPGT

Post by GPGT »

LN is a good team on paper, and as long as they can prove it when it counts , that should hush some nay-sayers.. But as we know anything is possible regardless of record. ie.. Duluth East vs Lakeville South in 2012...,
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
hshockeyfan8 wrote:
Cootslayer wrote:EP??

I've got Roseau beating them.
Ditto. LN is a great team, and play a good team game, but I don't think they have enough power to go through 3 real tests. There is no arguing that what they did this season was impressive, so however it ends up they should be proud!
Their lack of respect is two fold...One, their schedule is pretty weak, not to mention playing Dodge County, Owatonna and Farmington pre-state isn't exactly what prepares you for the big run. They do have a few big wins, but one would argue the strength of those teams then, EP slid after their beating, but has recovered. HM played their weaker goalie and most likely took them lightly #stillwater. The Duluth East win...meh...how good is East, we will see! They didn't play some of the teams that will push them (generally physical types). If the first line is broken or frustrated...they are mediocre #commitmentgoestohead

Second...I think we all know the favors played and integrity lost in that program, many people in Lakeville don't even like them for all that has been done. This all starts with the coach, but he has assembled a surprise at the least, but we all know karma and reality eventually set in. Dynasties don't happen overnight, this is no dynasty, a good team yes, but far from a perennial powerhouse. The years of parental involvement for certain kids was for this...after this year (maybe next) it will be over.
Anyone that has been a part of this program since the squirt level is not surprised by the type of year LN has had. This is a culmination of a lot of hard work and overcoming a lot of adversity with very high end talent leaving for "greener" pastures. This group of kids has done very well all of the way up through youth hockey. As far as a dynasty........time will tell.
shakey

Post by shakey »

Dynasty?! Shouldn't you win something first?
TicTacToe

Post by TicTacToe »

Quit saying LN's section is weak... everyone knows this. It's not like they snuck into the tourney like last year. They won their 3 section games 24-2. That's after starting slow each game, which happens to most good teams playing weaker teams. I've seen LN play multiple times this year... They are VERY disciplined and they get better each period. Being a fan, I'm extremely happy they are still being considered an underdog by some. :)
100percenteffort

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
hshockeyfan8 wrote:
Cootslayer wrote:EP??

I've got Roseau beating them.
Ditto. LN is a great team, and play a good team game, but I don't think they have enough power to go through 3 real tests. There is no arguing that what they did this season was impressive, so however it ends up they should be proud!
Their lack of respect is two fold...One, their schedule is pretty weak, not to mention playing Dodge County, Owatonna and Farmington pre-state isn't exactly what prepares you for the big run. They do have a few big wins, but one would argue the strength of those teams then, EP slid after their beating, but has recovered. HM played their weaker goalie and most likely took them lightly #stillwater. The Duluth East win...meh...how good is East, we will see! They didn't play some of the teams that will push them (generally physical types). If the first line is broken or frustrated...they are mediocre #commitmentgoestohead

Second...I think we all know the favors played and integrity lost in that program, many people in Lakeville don't even like them for all that has been done. This all starts with the coach, but he has assembled a surprise at the least, but we all know karma and reality eventually set in. Dynasties don't happen overnight, this is no dynasty, a good team yes, but far from a perennial powerhouse. The years of parental involvement for certain kids was for this...after this year (maybe next) it will be over.
So are you saying parents are not "involved" in other associations?!?!? Funny :lol:
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

100percenteffort wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:
hshockeyfan8 wrote: Ditto. LN is a great team, and play a good team game, but I don't think they have enough power to go through 3 real tests. There is no arguing that what they did this season was impressive, so however it ends up they should be proud!

So are you saying parents are not "involved" in other associations?!?!? Funny :lol:
If parental involvement get you the #2 Seed in the State tourney, I'm all for it!
shakey

Post by shakey »

TicTacToe wrote:Quit saying LN's section is weak... everyone knows this. It's not like they snuck into the tourney like last year. They won their 3 section games 24-2. That's after starting slow each game, which happens to most good teams playing weaker teams. I've seen LN play multiple times this year... They are VERY disciplined and they get better each period. Being a fan, I'm extremely happy they are still being considered an underdog by some. :)
OK, LN wants to play the role of Rodney Dangerfield at the Tourney this year, but know this...no one will ever match HHF's unforgettable performance as spokesman for the "no respect" Eagan team in '11. Just saying.... :lol:
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

100percenteffort wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:
hshockeyfan8 wrote: Ditto. LN is a great team, and play a good team game, but I don't think they have enough power to go through 3 real tests. There is no arguing that what they did this season was impressive, so however it ends up they should be proud!

No, but in Lakeville it's a known fact that every hockey player is NHL bound in their parents eyes and if they don't than it is the coaches fault.
danglingnsnipen15

Post by danglingnsnipen15 »

Is the freshman goalie a for sure start in this game?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

danglingnsnipen15 wrote:Is the freshman goalie a for sure start in this game?
I would say very likely.
Frost14

Post by Frost14 »

Please dont put all Lakeville parents in one category!! Some only want their kids to be given the opportunity to play High School. It"s the over involved parents who have this idea of a dream team and they will do anything to make that happen!!
danglingnsnipen15

Post by danglingnsnipen15 »

Sats81 wrote:
danglingnsnipen15 wrote:Is the freshman goalie a for sure start in this game?
I would say very likely.
If that's the case, it will be interesting to see how he performs on the big stage.
bemused

Re: Lakeville North(south)

Post by bemused »

Sats81 wrote:
bemused wrote:This is great!!
Almost as great as your trolling! 24 hrs ago you stated you were gonna "disappear completely".....back already?? Thank goodness!
Love Ya Sats!!!! Don't forget the blood pressure pills!!!
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

Frost14 wrote:Please dont put all Lakeville parents in one category!! Some only want their kids to be given the opportunity to play High School. It"s the over involved parents who have this idea of a dream team and they will do anything to make that happen!!
Frost- You know I'm exaggerating and that a few and can ruin it for many. Just seems as though this happens more in Lakeville than any other community. Especially with the lack of talent that has come out of Lakeville (until recently).
Frost14

Post by Frost14 »

Agreed RickyTricky!!! :lol:
100percenteffort

RickyTicky wrote:
Frost14 wrote:Please dont put all Lakeville parents in one category!! Some only want their kids to be given the opportunity to play High School. It"s the over involved parents who have this idea of a dream team and they will do anything to make that happen!!
Frost- You know I'm exaggerating and that a few and can ruin it for many. Just seems as though this happens more in Lakeville than any other community. Especially with the lack of talent that has come out of Lakeville (until recently).
Do you know what you are talking about? Have you really done any research on how many kids have gone on from lakeville over the past 5-10 years? Not to mention I think it's pretty commonplace in most if not all associations that the parents have very high aspirations for their kids. Otherwise Bernie would be out of business.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

The average fan would be surprised at the number of kids that played youth hockey in Lakeville that have gone on to play D1 in the last 5 years or so
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:Not sure Eagan and Jefferson would be considered incredibly tough teams. And...if Stillwater and North play for the championship, I think we can assume hell froze over. No disrespect, but...
State semifinalists... yet not an "incredibly tough" team... Serving of crow, perhaps? :P
At least we know hell didn't freeze over after the Edina/Stillwater debacle. :lol:
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

100percenteffort wrote:
RickyTicky wrote:
Do you know what you are talking about? Have you really done any research on how many kids have gone on from lakeville over the past 5-10 years? Not to mention I think it's pretty commonplace in most if not all associations that the parents have very high aspirations for their kids. Otherwise Bernie would be out of business.
Hence why I said "Until recently" and why I said "more in Lakeville than any other".. Reading always helps me understand
nahc

Post by nahc »

Um, so Lakeville North is in the finals. Can everyone now give the team some much deserved credit? I suppose even if Lakeville wins tonight, it won't be enough for some folks........ Great run for this young team. =D> =D>=D>
imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

For me, it was a real tourney highlight to see coach Eigner have so much joy in his post game celly!! His passion for the boys and the game was fun for me to see. So many coaches over play the, stoic no emotion act that they forget how big of a deal it is for these players. For many boys, it's the last time the lace 'em up for a big game. Well done LN!!
Now go crush the Cake!!
shakey

Post by shakey »

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:For me, it was a real tourney highlight to see coach Eigner have so much joy in his post game celly!! His passion for the boys and the game was fun for me to see. So many coaches over play the, stoic no emotion act that they forget how big of a deal it is for these players. For many boys, it's the last time the lace 'em up for a big game. Well done LN!!
Now go crush the Cake!!
Although I was pulling hard for the other team, I couldn't help feel the same way watching Eigner. That really was priceless.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

nahc wrote:Um, so Lakeville North is in the finals. Can everyone now give the team some much deserved credit? I suppose even if Lakeville wins tonight, it won't be enough for some folks........ Great run for this young team. =D> =D>=D>
Think you hit nail on the head here!
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

North is from 1AA, they will never get credit. Heck you could beat Cambridge in OT and get more........

This will be the 3rd time in the last 4 years 1AA has placed, in that span only 6AA has a better winning percentage (2AA and 1AA have the same and play tonight). Going back 8 years 5AA has won all of 2 games, both in 2009, yet 1AA is looked at as the worst section year in and year out. Sure in that span we've had some clunkers....the '09 Century team may be worst team to go to state in 20 years but they were also a 4 seed....but so has everyone else.
nwhockey

Post by nwhockey »

North is from 1AA, they will never get credit. Heck you could beat Cambridge in OT and get more........

This will be the 3rd time in the last 4 years 1AA has placed, in that span only 6AA has a better winning percentage (2AA and 1AA have the same and play tonight). Going back 8 years 5AA has won all of 2 games, both in 2009, yet 1AA is looked at as the worst section year in and year out. Sure in that span we've had some clunkers....the '09 Century team may be worst team to go to state in 20 years but they were also a 4 seed....but so has everyone else.
Here is Section 1AA record in each year for the past few years...

2013 0-2
2012 2-1
2011 2-1
2010 0-2
2009 0-2
2008 0-2
2007 2-1
Total 6-11

Now lets remove all the consolation games
2013 0-1
2012 2-1
2011 0-1
2010 0-1
2009 0-1
2008 0-1
2007 2-1
Total: 4-7

If you average their finishes in the tournament over the last 8 years, 1AA averages 5.85 place finish. While there are sections that are worse off (I'm looking at you 5AA) statistically, this number is near the bottom in average performance by section.