Why is LNorth getting no respect?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ZAP

Why is LNorth getting no respect?

Post by ZAP »

I see most picking Eden Prairie over them in the semis even though LN crushed them 7-0 this year already? What has changed since then? I'm not real familiar with either team but am a bit befuddled by all the EP love over LN.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

The Panthers are a better team than EP, and deserved their #2 ranking.
Most people don't realize how much better they are than when they got smoked by Edina in quarterfinals a year ago. But Oettinger will be facing his first challenge on the big stage
Cootslayer

Post by Cootslayer »

EP??

I've got Roseau beating them.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Cootslayer wrote:EP??

Ditto. LN is a great team, and play a good team game, but I don't think they have enough power to go through 3 real tests. There is no arguing that what they did this season was impressive, so however it ends up they should be proud!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

hshockeyfan8 wrote:

Ditto. LN is a great team, and play a good team game, but I don't think they have enough power to go through 3 real tests. There is no arguing that what they did this season was impressive, so however it ends up they should be proud!
3 real tests?! Hilarious. They beat DE, shutout EP and HM, beat Burnsville and Eagan twice, EV, etc. how much more could they have been tested?!
SidneysDogHouse

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

hshockeyfan8 wrote:

Their lack of respect is two fold...One, their schedule is pretty weak, not to mention playing Dodge County, Owatonna and Farmington pre-state isn't exactly what prepares you for the big run. They do have a few big wins, but one would argue the strength of those teams then, EP slid after their beating, but has recovered. HM played their weaker goalie and most likely took them lightly #stillwater. The Duluth East win...meh...how good is East, we will see! They didn't play some of the teams that will push them (generally physical types). If the first line is broken or frustrated...they are mediocre #commitmentgoestohead

Second...I think we all know the favors played and integrity lost in that program, many people in Lakeville don't even like them for all that has been done. This all starts with the coach, but he has assembled a surprise at the least, but we all know karma and reality eventually set in. Dynasties don't happen overnight, this is no dynasty, a good team yes, but far from a perennial powerhouse. The years of parental involvement for certain kids was for this...after this year (maybe next) it will be over.
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

So I'm curious, what does EP have that would be able to get them through 3 tough games in comparison to LN? They certainly don't have the depth and the goaltending is nothing too special.
east hockey
Site Admin

Re: Why is LNorth getting no respect?

Post by east hockey »

ZAP wrote:I see most picking Eden Prairie over them in the semis even though LN crushed them 7-0 this year already? What has changed since then? I'm not real familiar with either team but am a bit befuddled by all the EP love over LN.
Why is Lakeville North getting no respect?

History. Four trips to state, no quarterfinal wins, 2-7 in tourney history.

You want them to get respect? Win a game at state.

They had an outstanding regular season. So did Luverne. :mrgreen: Until they do something at State, the perception remains.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Not once did LN play 3 games in a row that will be as tough as the three at state. They beat DE in overtime, killed EP well in a slump, HM played their backup goalie, close game with Eagan. Like I said, no doubt what they did in the regular season was impressive and good for them. I just don't think they have to power to get through 3 tough games in a row. I have nothing against them, just my opinion! I hope that they prove to me, and many others, that section 1AA isn't a joke.
green4

Post by green4 »

hshockeyfan8 wrote:Not once did LN play 3 games in a row that will be as tough as the three at state. They beat DE in overtime, killed EP well in a slump, HM played their backup goalie, close game with Eagan. Like I said, no doubt what they did in the regular season was impressive and good for them. I just don't think they have to power to get through 3 tough games in a row. I have nothing against them, just my opinion! I hope that they prove to me, and many others, that section 1AA isn't a joke.
North played 5 games in a row comparable to the state tourney
Eden Prairie, Blaine, Jefferson (I would say Comparable to Roseau), Hill Murray and then Eagan.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Lakeville North is getting plenty of respect from me. I have them and Stillwater picked to meet in the championship game Saturday night. It will be nice to finally have a brand new team winning it all.
cigar

Post by cigar »

why is LN not getting any respect?

because very few on this board have actually seen them play.

They could play blind-fold and make it to the championship game against edina.. then it is a toss up.
SidneysDogHouse

wbmd wrote:Lakeville North is getting plenty of respect from me. I have them and Stillwater picked to meet in the championship game Saturday night. It will be nice to finally have a brand new team winning it all.
Not sure Eagan and Jefferson would be considered incredibly tough teams. And...if Stillwater and North play for the championship, I think we can assume hell froze over. No disrespect, but...
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

I saw them twice in sections and wasn't as impressed with North as I was earlier in the year when I saw them. Farmington outplayed North in some sustained stretches and the final score really wasn't indictative of the game itself. Hill Murray, and Blaine losing sure opened up North's side of the bracket though and I expect them to play Edina in the finals.
HockeyGuy85'

Post by HockeyGuy85' »

North is good without a doubt but of late they don't look like a championship caliber team. Their section final is enough evidence of that, they started slow and the score was only 1-0 after the first. I can see them making the finals however if they start slow again I don't think they can last with teams like Edina and Eden Prairie or even Roseau.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

east hockey wrote:
ZAP wrote:I see most picking Eden Prairie over them in the semis even though LN crushed them 7-0 this year already? What has changed since then? I'm not real familiar with either team but am a bit befuddled by all the EP love over LN.

They had an outstanding regular season. So did Luverne. :mrgreen: Until they do something at State, the perception remains.

Lee
Well considering they have technically only been a school since 2006, this being their 5th trip despite being in section 1AA is still not bad.

Not to be overly analytical either but they did win consolation in 2011 so they have won games at state, mariucci albeit.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
wbmd wrote:Lakeville North is getting plenty of respect from me. I have them and Stillwater picked to meet in the championship game Saturday night. It will be nice to finally have a brand new team winning it all.
Not sure Eagan and Jefferson would be considered incredibly tough teams. And...if Stillwater and North play for the championship, I think we can assume hell froze over. No disrespect, but...
Eagan is very tough. Ask STA. Promise they will agree.

And Sidney- why such hard feelings towards LN and their coach? Just curious....how is what LN done ANY different than DE, Hermantown, EGF or any of the privates for that matter?
SidneysDogHouse

Sats81 wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:

And Sidney- why such hard feelings towards LN and their coach? Just curious....how is what LN done ANY different than DE, Hermantown, EGF or any of the privates for that matter?

I believe the thread is about LVN... :shock:
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

How about we let the skates do the talking and may the best team win
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote: Not sure Eagan and Jefferson would be considered incredibly tough teams. And...if Stillwater and North play for the championship, I think we can assume hell froze over. No disrespect, but...

I believe the thread is about LVN... :shock:
Yep. And I asked you a question based off of what you said about LN and their coach and "lack of integrity"....
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
hshockeyfan8 wrote:

Their lack of respect is two fold...One, their schedule is pretty weak, not to mention playing Dodge County, Owatonna and Farmington pre-state isn't exactly what prepares you for the big run. They do have a few big wins, but one would argue the strength of those teams then, EP slid after their beating, but has recovered. HM played their weaker goalie and most likely took them lightly #stillwater. The Duluth East win...meh...how good is East, we will see! They didn't play some of the teams that will push them (generally physical types). If the first line is broken or frustrated...they are mediocre #commitmentgoestohead

Second...I think we all know the favors played and integrity lost in that program, many people in Lakeville don't even like them for all that has been done. This all starts with the coach, but he has assembled a surprise at the least, but we all know karma and reality eventually set in. Dynasties don't happen overnight, this is no dynasty, a good team yes, but far from a perennial powerhouse. The years of parental involvement for certain kids was for this...after this year (maybe next) it will be over.
"But we all know karma and reality eventually set in." I think you mean karma OR reality because one is not the other. One is made up hokum and the other is reality. Also "eventually" doesn't necessarily mean this year.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Sats81 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Well considering they have technically only been a school since 2006, this being their 5th trip despite being in section 1AA is still not bad.

Not to be overly analytical either but they did win consolation in 2011 so they have won games at state, mariucci albeit.
I meant win a game in the championship bracket. Even White Bear Lake has consolation titles. :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
bemused

Lakeville North(south)

Post by bemused »

This is great!!
Sats81

Re: Lakeville North(south)

Post by Sats81 »

bemused wrote:This is great!!
Almost as great as your trolling! 24 hrs ago you stated you were gonna "disappear completely".....back already?? Thank goodness!
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

Second...I think we all know the favors played and integrity lost in that program, many people in Lakeville don't even like them for all that has been done. This all starts with the coach, but he has assembled a surprise at the least, but we all know karma and reality eventually set in. Dynasties don't happen overnight, this is no dynasty, a good team yes, but far from a perennial powerhouse. The years of parental involvement for certain kids was for this...after this year (maybe next) it will be over.[/quote]

I'm curious about this one.. I know under the old regime some were not fond of the coach. What sort of favors have the current staff played?