Duluth East at Forest Lake 1/21

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Frequent_MN_Flyer

Duluth East at Forest Lake 1/21

Post by Frequent_MN_Flyer »

Interesting matchup. Go Rangers!!!
MNhockey29

Post by MNhockey29 »

Forest Lake has won 4 of their last 5 and is undefeated at home this year. Should be a good game!
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

This will be a huge one for the Rangers !! Could make 7AA a little more interesting as well.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Hate rooting against my Hounds, but FL takes this one 3-2.

And no, it won't affect the seeding at the end of the year. In the short term it will, but the Hounds will finish strong and will still be at the number two slot. Sorry GR fans. 8)

See ya in semis...
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Get to the rink early. The whole assc. has been e-mailed to attend.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

old goalie85 wrote:Get to the rink early. The whole assc. has been e-mailed to attend.
Very cool. I wish this was online. A few years back it seemed a lot of Forest Lakes home games were video streamed on msbnsports.net.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
sanryam

Post by sanryam »

4 1 East.
northwoods oldtimer

Re: Duluth East at Forest Lake 1/21

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

oldgoalie any place to pick this game up on radio stream?
hockeycentral

Post by hockeycentral »

3-0 east after 1
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

5-0 East after 2. East 4-4 on the PP. Shots 27-13

hockeycentral wrote:3-0 east after 1
Houndhockey

Post by Houndhockey »

6-1 final. Good to see some offense from the hounds. 4 power play goals as well. Nice to get the pp working.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

They should play away at every section game!
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Nice section win for the Hounds, especially after a sketchy week last week. Even when the offense isn't putting up big numbers, they always seem to have a strong PP, which is always reassuring. When they get several early in a game, they've done a very good job of burying the other team, and their defense makes big comebacks very tough to pull off.

On the other side, this has to be a bit disappointing for a Flake team trying to stay in the 7AA picture. With Andover surging (7-0 win over Cloquet tonight), they'll need to finish strong just to hang on to the 4-seed.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

It won't matter where Andover and Forest Lake play in that 4/5 game, the Huskies are gonna route them. Andover has been trending up for a while and has been a team minnesotahockeymag.com's podcast has been talking about whenever 7AA comes up. As for Cloquet, they might be the 7 seed. The QRF rankings on minnesota-scores.net has Cloquet at 7, St. Michael-Albertville at 6. Those two play two days before the section meeting in Cloquet.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

I had the opportunity to take the game in & here are my thoughts:

FL appeared to lose to a jersey. They saw the word "EAST" and stood around to watch them play. They played tentative and waited for DE to relinguish the puck, which wasn't very often. Outside of a few shifts by FL top line, they rarely carried the play. FL's D got caught flat footed a few times (once again, looking at the words on the opposing jersey) and gave up scoring chances. Obviously, penalties killed FL, but most of them where caused by being a step slower and being hesitant.

As for DE, I was impressed by their spacing on the ice, puck movement, and constant energy. All things that seem to be associated with a Randolph coached team. Beaulieu is a nice player who always seemed to control things.

I was dissapointed the game wasn't more competitive, but that is what you get when 1 team expects to win & 1 team hopes to win. I couldn't help but wonder just how good is Blaine to have handled DE like they did. I have a gut feeling I will be seeing DE again come March.
DMom

Post by DMom »

Not making any excuses for last night but as far as long term implications to seeding, Forest Lake was down a senior defenseman and a senior forward, both injured during the Cretin game. Both are key on the pk, and their loss was felt throughout the game. I was very impressed by the Greyhounds, at least they put in a full-strength goal versus the Rangers, the Thunderhawks did not manage that in their earlier game.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

DMom wrote:Not making any excuses for last night but as far as long term implications to seeding, Forest Lake was down a senior defenseman and a senior forward, both injured during the Cretin game. Both are key on the pk, and their loss was felt throughout the game. I was very impressed by the Greyhounds, at least they put in a full-strength goal versus the Rangers, the Thunderhawks did not manage that in their earlier game.
Nice jab at Grand Rapids out of left field.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Tough night for the Rangers. If they play hard the rest of the way they should still get 4th seed.