Why is '03 Machine Orange in AAA division in Winnipeg?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

summerisforbaseball

Why is '03 Machine Orange in AAA division in Winnipeg?

Post by summerisforbaseball »

Typo or is that team really not playing in ELITE division. Seems odd. Scoop?
savagegopher

Post by savagegopher »

I believe only the brick teams are in the elite 03 level
summerisforbaseball

Post by summerisforbaseball »

Gotcha. Is that the way it always is?
savagegopher

Post by savagegopher »

dont know, but makes sense, I noticed a Minnesota team won the open 2003 level
mnhockey2019

Post by mnhockey2019 »

savagegopher wrote:I believe only the brick teams are in the elite 03 level
There are two Saskatchewan teams in the Super Elite, so there are non-Brick teams. Too bad there aren't that many teams playing in the 2003 Super Elite.
hipcheck62

Post by hipcheck62 »

The Rockford team is going to be in over their heads. They have a great group of 03s but can't believe they will be competitive with Brick teams.
Deep Breath

Post by Deep Breath »

Would rather see the Orange compete at the "highest" level. The program seems to be about pushing the kids and wanting to be the best (for what that's worth). Whether or not there are brick teams playing shouldn't come into play. Not sure what the rationale is for not playing in the elite level as i have not spoken to the coaches about it, but it is a bit of surprise.
helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp »

Deep Breath wrote:Would rather see the Orange compete at the "highest" level. The program seems to be about pushing the kids and wanting to be the best (for what that's worth). Whether or not there are brick teams playing shouldn't come into play. Not sure what the rationale is for not playing in the elite level as i have not spoken to the coaches about it, but it is a bit of surprise.
AAA is the right level for this team at 03, not Super Elite. While you may want to play at the "highest" level, it is better to compete at the "right" level. Not being negative, just being honest IMO.
Bullseye

Post by Bullseye »

Orange Coaches wanted to Play Elite not AAA, but it is what it is. Original signup put them in AAA, and they tried to change but was not allowed, due to 6 teams in Elite and 8 teams in AAA, so that is what they were told...

I would rather compete at the highest level myself and see where we are at compared to the Super Brick Teams who are made of some of the best kids at this age level. IMO.

There will be some good teams at the AAA level as well. Every team has to show up and play.

Good luck to all the Minnesota kids going up there to play...
JSR

Post by JSR »

hipcheck62 wrote:
The Rockford team is going to be in over their heads. They have a great group of 03s but can't believe they will be competitive with Brick teams.
Half their team is comprised of kids who are playing for the Chicago Jr Blackhakws Brick team (who always bring a really competitive team to the brick) and the rest play on high level spring AAA (or even Tier 1 winter AAA) teams... I think they'll compete just fine. Not saying they will win it but they should compete just fine, and if for some unforeseen reason they prove to be in over their heads then the coaches of their Brick team probably need to rethink the team they are bringing to the Brick.... just sayin, I think you are off base on this one...
hipcheck62

Post by hipcheck62 »

JSR wrote:
hipcheck62 wrote:
Half their team is comprised of kids who are playing for the Chicago Jr Blackhakws Brick team (who always bring a really competitive team to the brick) and the rest play on high level spring AAA (or even Tier 1 winter AAA) teams... I think they'll compete just fine. Not saying they will win it but they should compete just fine, and if for some unforeseen reason they prove to be in over their heads then the coaches of their Brick team probably need to rethink the team they are bringing to the Brick.... just sayin, I think you are off base on this one...
You are probably right. I know several of the kids were on the Chicago team and one is on Detroit but was not sure if they were deep enough to hang with the others. Skaters 10-15 will be the deciding factor.
JSR

Post by JSR »

hipcheck62 wrote:
JSR wrote:
hipcheck62 wrote: The Rockford team is going to be in over their heads. They have a great group of 03s but can't believe they will be competitive with Brick teams.
You are probably right. I know several of the kids were on the Chicago team and one is on Detroit but was not sure if they were deep enough to hang with the others. Skaters 10-15 will be the deciding factor.
Fair enough, I knew 10 of the 15 skaters so those will be enough to make them competitive, I agree the 5 skaters tha are semi unknown to me (I know the teams they play for but not how good they are) will decide if they actually win up there rather than just keep it close...
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

JSR wrote:
hipcheck62 wrote:
Guess it's time to start rethinking.
JSR

Post by JSR »

edgeless2 wrote:
JSR wrote:
hipcheck62 wrote: The Rockford team is going to be in over their heads. They have a great group of 03s but can't believe they will be competitive with Brick teams.
Guess it's time to start rethinking.
Looks like they competed just fine, not sure what you mean. One bad score but otherwise did really well against top top teams. Never said they would win, in fact went out of my way to say just the opposite but I don;t think they were in over their heads either which is what the conversation was about. My guess is the third line was too much drop off but the third line ffor actual brick team wont have that drop off, looks like they are fine. Think you mistake winning with competing, not the same thing
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Yes I guess I would consider winning at least one game competing. Nice of you to toss the 3rd line under the bus though after telling us what high level they play at in the winter. They were in over their heads. Kudos for those kids, they probably got better playing against that competition.
JSR

Post by JSR »

edgeless2 wrote:Yes I guess I would consider winning at least one game competing. Nice of you to toss the 3rd line under the bus though after telling us what high level they play at in the winter. They were in over their heads. Kudos for those kids, they probably got better playing against that competition.
No one threw anyone under the bus and to say they were in over their heads shows how little you know about hockey apparently. Competed just fine, someone has to win and someone has to lose at these things, they did this weekend and those kids do all play at a high level. Apparently based on your evaluation every team in the tourney was in over it's head except the Alberta Brick team that waxed Team MN 8-1 in the final....
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

JSR wrote:
edgeless2 wrote:Yes I guess I would consider winning at least one game competing. Nice of you to toss the 3rd line under the bus though after telling us what high level they play at in the winter. They were in over their heads. Kudos for those kids, they probably got better playing against that competition.
No one threw anyone under the bus and to say they were in over their heads shows how little you know about hockey apparently. Competed just fine, someone has to win and someone has to lose at these things, they did this weekend and those kids do all play at a high level. Apparently based on your evaluation every team in the tourney was in over it's head except the Alberta Brick team that waxed Team MN 8-1 in the final....
Relax sconny......I'm sure they broke out the participation medals.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Did team Mn take two brothers on the team because dad said "both or none"?
lets play

Post by lets play »

Dad didn't say it but mom said it
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

old goalie85 wrote:Did team Mn take two brothers on the team because dad said "both or none"?
Based on the stats, it appears that they both belonged unless I'm missing something.