BIG Announcement coming Wednesday

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

BIG Announcement coming Wednesday

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

YHH will make a BIG announcement Wednesday in regards to hockey next association season.
Froggy Richards

Re: BIG Announcement coming Wednesday

Post by Froggy Richards »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:YHH will make a BIG announcement Wednesday in regards to hockey next association season.
Can you give us a hint? :wink:
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

There is a hint in there.

I'll give another one tomorrow.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

It obviously has to do with Bloomington Ice Garden. I'm going on record they will be host of the 1st Minnesota Sq State Tournament. That's my guess. From 1,600 miles away.
Be kind. Rewind.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Ding Ding Ding...the Clown has narrowed the location of an event next season. His description of the event is not correct however.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:Ding Ding Ding...the Clown has narrowed the location of an event next season. His description of the event is not correct however.
That's because it's the first MN Squirt Tournament of Champions. What do I win Tony?
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Wrong Answer: YHH will not be officially affiliated with the MNH Squirt Tournament of Champions. However, I've been told I will be involved in some capacity.

Hint for the day: At least 16 guys know about this event...
Survey

Post by Survey »

Well?? It's Wednesday
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Survey-your post reminds me of this famous movie line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=angi1vwUkQc

Here is the announcement: http://www.youthhockeyhub.com
Survey

Post by Survey »

Classic!

Cool tourny...should be a fun one for the kids.
Jerry Lundegaard

Post by Jerry Lundegaard »

Tony needs to put a Black Cowboy Hat on the BIG Golden Pumpkin Trophy.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

Was hoping you were going to release a statement that the Bloomington Pee Wee International Silver Stick was back. 128 Pee Wee teams from all over the US and Canada competing for the ultimate prize.

It would be awesome if someone would host something like that for the Pee Wee level.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Silver Stick: That is the goal someday to make these tournaments bigger. Our first objective is to make them fun for the kids and parents. We've held 2 successful tournaments so far. Number 3 looks to be off to a good start teams and talent-wise.

hockey4life: There is a "human" named hockey4life who has begun commenting on YHH the last few days. Some of the things he has posted (and I've had to edit) are downright nasty. I write this simply to warn him/her/it to stop with the name calling (to which we've edited) and comments in poor taste...or all of his/her posts will be removed.
hipcheck62

Post by hipcheck62 »

Any WI team other than Superior will be at an age disadvantage. I would assume it would be them every year.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

SCBlueLiner wrote:Was hoping you were going to release a statement that the Bloomington Pee Wee International Silver Stick was back. 128 Pee Wee teams from all over the US and Canada competing for the ultimate prize.

It would be awesome if someone would host something like that for the Pee Wee level.
This would be great. I noticed a few lingering silver stick regional champ trophies at BIG from early 00's. Must have been before the age split. I played in this tourney as a youngster and to go to Canada to play in it, was bigger than a state title. The final tournament will always be in Canada eh!
dlow

Post by dlow »

Winter tournaments, outside of the end of the year playoffs, are hosted by associations and "profit" goes back to pay for ice time and other costs. The problem I have with this type of thing is that the extra cash is going to someone else. YHH correct me if I'm wrong and the funds are going back into youth hockey.
SECoach

Post by SECoach »

Your announcement mentions that AA Pee Wee teams should get on the waiting list. Isn't the AA designation for post season only?
stromboli

Post by stromboli »

SECoach wrote:Your announcement mentions that AA Pee Wee teams should get on the waiting list. Isn't the AA designation for post season only?
Which A teams do you feel should be included given the list of invitees and acceptances so far?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

A continuation of the have and have-nots. (Pushing for movement)

Aren't most programs still completing rosters in early November?

:?
SECoach

Post by SECoach »

stromboli wrote:
SECoach wrote:Your announcement mentions that AA Pee Wee teams should get on the waiting list. Isn't the AA designation for post season only?
Which A teams do you feel should be included given the list of invitees and acceptances so far?
I'm under the impression that all teams are "A" teams until post season play, including the teams in line to participate, as well as any looking to get in. Isn't that how it has been presented by Minnesota Hockey? Don't post season designated AA and A teams play each other during the season in league and non league play? I don't understand why I would suggest which "A" teams should be allowed, since they are all "A" teams at this point in the season. I do see kids wearing sweatshirts that say, so and so "AA" Pee Wee. I figured they had that added just before playoffs.
stromboli

Post by stromboli »

SECoach wrote:
stromboli wrote:
I'm under the impression that all teams are "A" teams until post season play, including the teams in line to participate, as well as any looking to get in. Isn't that how it has been presented by Minnesota Hockey? Don't post season designated AA and A teams play each other during the season in league and non league play? I don't understand why I would suggest which "A" teams should be allowed, since they are all "A" teams at this point in the season. I do see kids wearing sweatshirts that say, so and so "AA" Pee Wee. I figured they had that added just before playoffs.
It looked like you were fishing from your earlier post. This one confirms it.

The whole AA, A is just a new form of A, B1, etc. has been discussed at length. Start another thread if you feel you need to debate it further. Or just resurrect one of the old ones.

I'm sure that the folks at YHH would be willing to consider any team of "A" or "AA" post-season classification that would be a good fit with the other teams that are already listed.

The tourney looks like it has already been filled. At this point, you're just pointing out semantics for a waiting list.
SECoach

Post by SECoach »

stromboli wrote:
SECoach wrote:
stromboli wrote: Which A teams do you feel should be included given the list of invitees and acceptances so far?
It looked like you were fishing from your earlier post. This one confirms it.

The whole AA, A is just a new form of A, B1, etc. has been discussed at length. Start another thread if you feel you need to debate it further. Or just resurrect one of the old ones.

I'm sure that the folks at YHH would be willing to consider any team of "A" or "AA" post-season classification that would be a good fit with the other teams that are already listed.

The tourney looks like it has already been filled. At this point, you're just pointing out semantics for a waiting list.
I believe it relates directly to this tournament and this thread. YHH's link says the tournament will be sanctioned by Minnesota Hockey, yet they state that it is for AA teams, either directly or indirectly. I'd be interested in either the tournament being open to all "A" teams (yes I know it's an invitational tournament) or the classifications being clarified by Minnesota Hockey with some consistency.
spin-o-rama

Post by spin-o-rama »

double post
Last edited by spin-o-rama on Thu May 09, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
spin-o-rama

Post by spin-o-rama »

SECoach wrote:

I believe it relates directly to this tournament and this thread. YHH's link says the tournament will be sanctioned by Minnesota Hockey, yet they state that it is for AA teams, either directly or indirectly. I'd be interested in either the tournament being open to all "A" teams (yes I know it's an invitational tournament) or the classifications being clarified by Minnesota Hockey with some consistency.
All A, AA designations are truncated to A for inseason play. A tournament could advertise a "Super AA" level. All MH would care about is that A teams are playing. Your job is to convince the tournament director that your team warrants an invitation.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

I'm sorry for the confusion. Hope this clears things up.

1. YHH has partnered with Bloomington Amateur Hockey Association on the BIG Pumpkin (and plans to do so with other associations in the future). What they pay YHH for it's services is a private matter. However, the offer made to BAHA was accepted quickly and supported by their board 100%.

2. AA/A - I'm sorry I erred in my post (that post has been fixed). The only team on this list that was A last year was Sibley. How Sibley designates themselves next year is up to Sibley. Sibley will be one of the top 3 AA or A teams next year at the PW level.

3. Rosters will need to be submitted prior to the tournament...all coaches know this.