14UA & 12UA district playoff predictions regional seeds

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Lace'emUp

14UA & 12UA district playoff predictions regional seeds

Post by Lace'emUp »

District Playoffs start this coming weekend. Time to have some fun and predict who will move onto Regions:
14A – American Region
D2: 1. Stillwater Red, 2. Roseville
D6: 1. Edina Green, 2. Eden Prairie, 3. Chaska/Chanhassen (wins playoff vs D2 Stillwater Red)
D8: 1. Cottage Grove/Woodbury, 2. Rochester, 3. Lakeville

14A – National Region
D3: 1. Osseo/Maple Grove Orange, 2. Wayzata Blue
D5: 1. Buffalo Black, 2. Sartell
D10: 1. Blaine, 2. Elk River, 3. Centennial

12A – American Region
D2: 1. White Bear Lake, 2. Roseville
D6: 1. Shakopee, 2. Edina Green, 3. Edina White
D10: 1. Andover, 2. Blaine, 3. Centennial (wins playoff vs D2 Stillwater)

12A – National Region
D3: 1. Crow River/Mound Westonka, 2. Osseo/Maple Grove
D5: 1. St. Cloud, 2. Hutchinson
D8: 1. Eagan, 2. Farmington, 3. Cottage Grove, 4. REV
NE14HKY

Re: 14UA & 12UA district playoff predictions regional se

Post by NE14HKY »

Lace'emUp wrote:District Playoffs start this coming weekend. Time to have some fun and predict who will move onto Regions:
14A – American Region
D6: 1. Edina Green, 2. Eden Prairie, 3. Chaska/Chanhassen (wins playoff vs D2 Stillwater Red)

14A – National Region

12A – American Region

12A – National Region

I can only speak for the 14's as I've seen most of these
teams play. I would say you are mostly spot on... 2 things,
I don't know about OMG beating Way Blue. Like I said, I've
seen all these teams play and I would give the edge to Wayzata.
ALSO, is there only 2 teams coming out of that section?? And, I
only count 7 teams you have there for the national. If I was
to add a team there, maybe Wayzata Gold...
Tigerhockey2012

Post by Tigerhockey2012 »

Looks like you nailed Blaine out of D10 for the 12U's. That is definitely a surprise to me as I felt both Anoka and Centennial the two teams they have beaten thus far were stronger. D5 will be a non factor in regions but you have St. Cloud and Hutch. I think River Lakes is going to get past Hutch for the number two. They beat them 7-2 late in the year. I can't see Edina Green not winning D6. D3 could go the way you have it or flip flop. I think Farmington will take Eagan for D8. D2 WBL will obviously win it as they are the only legit threat. Whoever gets 2nd really doesn't matter as they will be 1-2 and BBQ at regions. Expect to see Roseau and Duluth make it to state out of the Olympic region.
Lace'emUp wrote:District Playoffs start this coming weekend. Time to have some fun and predict who will move onto Regions:
14A – American Region

14A – National Region

12A – American Region

12A – National Region
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

NE14HKY, my bad, I forgot #3 from D3 in the 14A National Region. I agree and give the edge to Wayzata Gold over the Storm. You could be right on Wayzata Blue. They haven’t lost since Thanksgiving. Though Blue has won the last 2 matches, OMG Orange beat them 4-0 earlier in the year. Therefore, they have a chance at the upset.

For the other 14A teams, I missed the mark on Roseville in D2. It’s probably now between Highland and Stillwater Black for 2nd/3rd. D5 is falling into place. D6 has 2 big games tonight that will make the picture a little clearer. Still too early in D8. Top 2 seeds made it through in D10, and Centennial should be able to get through their last two games.

Tigerhockey2012, it wasn’t too hard to go with Blaine in 12A’s. They do not score much, but their goalie rarely gives up more than 2 goals/game. With Centennial limping into the playoffs, it was ripe for an upset. However, I did hear from the Blaine folks that Centennial outshot them something like 44-7, and hit a few pipes. As for Edina Green, they’ve had some trip-ups and close calls lately. But they did crush Shakopee a week ago to make a statement of who’s #1 (for now). Two big games tomorrow in D6, and all the predicted players are still there. I hope for Farmington’s sake that they did not peak too early. They have stumbled a little lately while Eagan has been getting the job done. If Eagan can breakout of their zone fast and avoid the strong forechecking from #13, they can beat them. I was surprised to see REV lose in the 1st round. Similar to Centennial, they are struggling for some reason.

As for the rest of the 12A’s, D2 is falling somewhat into place. WBL is too much for those other teams to handle. With all the scorers on that team, they should be undefeated. Roseville could not get past Stillwater, so now they have to battle with Mounds View (another struggling team). If they can get past them, they should win their next game to get the rematch with Stillwater on Sunday morning. D3 is falling into place, with a big game tomorrow night. Like the 14A’s, D5 was easy to pick and is going as predicted.