2012 Brick..and we think MN brick parents are nuts.

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mackjogger

Post by mackjogger »

O-townClown wrote:Creates an opportunity for another kid.
That it does!

Hearing nobody has a chance againts toronto bulldogs..anybody hearing/seeing anything interesting?
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

mackjogger wrote:
That it does!

Hearing nobody has a chance againts toronto bulldogs..anybody hearing/seeing anything interesting?
It looks like the Bulldogs and Jr Jets are the two favorites in Division 2. They have played each other twice this year with the Jets beating them once 3-2 and the Bulldogs beating the Jets once 2-1 in OT. I believe those are both teams only losses.

In Division 1 its Pro Hockey, Chicago, Detroit who are the favorites to come out. Boston would be too if TG was there.

Its 10 year old hockey in a hot mall rink. Anything can happen. I sure hope Team Minnesota competes out in Edmonton but.............
mackjogger

Post by mackjogger »

Pylon wrote:
mackjogger wrote:
That it does!

It looks like the Bulldogs and Jr Jets are the two favorites in Division 2. They have played each other twice this year with the Jets beating them once 3-2 and the Bulldogs beating the Jets once 2-1 in OT. I believe those are both teams only losses.

In Division 1 its Pro Hockey, Chicago, Detroit who are the favorites to come out. Boston would be too if TG was there.

Its 10 year old hockey in a hot mall rink. Anything can happen. I sure hope Team Minnesota competes out in Edmonton but.............
got ya.....Bulldogs beat Pro Hockey 2-0 yesterday in exbtn game. could end up being the matchup last day at the mall
mackjogger

Post by mackjogger »

hearing CT has 2 studs that can finish and an import goalie thats supposed to be off the charts.....if bench gets short 2 studs on every other shift...D goes to a 3 or 4 rotation and stud goalie handles the rest...Maybe CT the sleeper!
mackjogger

Post by mackjogger »

Although Im with ya...cheering for team MN all the way!
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

2 studs wont win the tournament. they can't do it all at this level. I read the same posts as you, i think mom and dad are doing some pimping. Trying to get their team a little respect i guess. TB, PH, CHI, ALB, WPG, all have studs, but they also have depth!
mackjogger

Post by mackjogger »

Pylon wrote:2 studs wont win the tournament. they can't do it all at this level. I read the same posts as you, i think mom and dad are doing some pimping. Trying to get their team a little respect i guess. TB, PH, CHI, ALB, WPG, all have studs, but they also have depth!
Wouldn't suprise me :roll: ... hope for a lot of close games...be great time for all if the kids win or lose close games...blow outs no good for anyone.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Pylon wrote: I read the same posts as you,
Where are you reading what?
Be kind. Rewind.
sourgrapes

Post by sourgrapes »

According to the brick website team Minnesota may have made a goalie change.....seems to be a new name on the roster.
mackjogger

Post by mackjogger »

O-townClown wrote:
Pylon wrote: I read the same posts as you,
Where are you reading what?

secret youth hockey forum. actually discusses youth hockey outside the great state of MN. Even Canada! :D
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

I am watching online. First of all, GREAT FEED! Very high quality production. Second, it is really weird to see the officials with no helmets.

Speed of the game is unreal for this age. And the size of some of these kids is impressive. Some huge boys out there!

The main thing I see in watching "elite" (or whatever you'd call it) games for youth hockey is that kids need to play some at this speed in order to be prepared for it. Most/all of these teams have played together a little in order to be prepared for The Brick. Good idea, as community-based hockey probably doesn't offer as high of a level of play in many areas.
Be kind. Rewind.
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

The lighting at that rink is terrible. Is that a Payless Shoes behind the penalty boxes? At least the kids can get an Orange Julius between periods.
MNM JMH

Post by MNM JMH »

where are you finding the games over the web?
hipcheck62

Post by hipcheck62 »

I haven't seen #7 on Boston yet. That's not going to help. Maybe chubs should have come.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

MNM JMH wrote:where are you finding the games over the web?
Brick tournament website. Free live stream, $8 per game archive.
Be kind. Rewind.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Jr. Jets lose 6-1. Could be a long touny for "Team Mn".
Chandler23

Post by Chandler23 »

Minnesota plays at 9:50 central time.

Here's the link:

http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/bsn.portal#