International Cup 2012

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HockeyDad41

International Cup 2012

Post by HockeyDad41 »

04 level
Reebok Nats 28
Miracle Black 0

Bet that was fun for the black team.
Last edited by HockeyDad41 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
no5hole

Post by no5hole »

Sorry, your post was inaccurate. There is a miracle black and a miracle gold at the 04 level. The was the black and yes, that wouldn't be fun to watch or play in.
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

Dear Nats,

I've got my eye on you.

Love,

HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

no5hole wrote:Sorry, your post was inaccurate. There is a miracle black and a miracle gold at the 04 level. The was the black and yes, that wouldn't be fun to watch or play in.
My bad. They do have that listed on the website, but I didn't notice that it was unverified and it looks like they have the black team listed now as well. Thanks for the correction. I went back and fixed my original post.
Last edited by HockeyDad41 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Pretty good to make all the extra points at that age.
Be kind. Rewind.
frederick61

Post by frederick61 »

For those planning to attend the Cup games note that they will need a parking ticket (obtained today at the Schwanz front desk) to park in their lot tomorrow. There is an event going on next door and they don't want that events' visitors overwhelming their parking lot. Also note that coming in from the east side (via 35W south) will be a problem. The freeway is being closed tonight for the weekend between 694 and 10. Those trying to go that way will be routed to surface streets. It will be a mess.
we're all crazy

Re: International Cup 2012

Post by we're all crazy »

HockeyDad41 wrote:04 level
Reebok Nats 28
Miracle Gold 0

Bet that was fun for the gold team.
Incorrect. Actual result:

Miracle Gold 04 8
Reebok Nationals 04 5

Good game.
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

Ask the '99 coach (s) how many non-regular kids they had this weekend and why they didn't use kids off the black. Isn't that why they're there, to one day move up? They're paying their dues. Why go outside? Or were the all busy? Sad, but a recurring theme.
helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp »

hockeygoof1 wrote:Ask the '99 coach (s) how many non-regular kids they had this weekend and why they didn't use kids off the black. Isn't that why they're there, to one day move up? They're paying their dues. Why go outside? Or were the all busy? Sad, but a recurring theme.
Why how many were there? I think there was one with a top player out with injury..... The kid that played has played in the miracle program in the past. How many at the 04, 03, 02, 01, 00 level? by my count none...doesn't seem to much of a recurring theme to me. In fact there were two black players playing with the 03 gold team that won the ship....

So I ask you, why all your posts trying to stir the pot with the MG program? Do you have a 99 black player that was not asked to play? Do you have any kids in the program? Or maybe just sour grapes and you have a kid on the 99 edge team that he scored two goals against in the third place game?
Irish

Post by Irish »

hockeygoof1 wrote:Ask the '99 coach (s) how many non-regular kids they had this weekend and why they didn't use kids off the black. Isn't that why they're there, to one day move up? They're paying their dues. Why go outside? Or were the all busy? Sad, but a recurring theme.
Who did 99 Competitive Edge bring in this weekend to play?
helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp »

Irish wrote:
A lot more then one :)
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

helightsthelamp wrote:
Why how many were there? I think there was one with a top player out with injury..... The kid that played has played in the miracle program in the past. How many at the 04, 03, 02, 01, 00 level? by my count none...doesn't seem to much of a recurring theme to me. In fact there were two black players playing with the 03 gold team that won the ship....

So I ask you, why all your posts trying to stir the pot with the MG program? Do you have a 99 black player that was not asked to play? Do you have any kids in the program? Or maybe just sour grapes and you have a kid on the 99 edge team that he scored two goals against in the third place game?
Why bring in one kid? Isn't that why you have the black? Not a bad player, by the way, eh? As a parent, whose kid shows up practice after practice, only to be passed over for "a kid that has played in the Miracle program in the past," I'd be pissed off. I didn't mention all the other years. Nothing changes with the '99 team and its powers to be.
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

helightsthelamp wrote:
Irish wrote:
A lot mobre then one :)
They're not even a team, are they? Don't they just enter tourneys? Yeah, they did bring in a lot of new guys. Every tourney it changes. Show me their practice schedule. The MG folks want to be legitimized so bad. We won this. We won that. I want to see a forum for the kids. This is about dads that want to wear the "Gold" sweatshirt and have it mean something. Yeah, this team won this tourney or that tourney. Big deal. If that's your standard of being good, then enter some big boy tourneys, not these local invite showcase tournaments. MG claims elite training for elite hockey players, but when one kid has an injury you go outside the organization and leave behind all the kids that are legitimately waiting their turn, that's lame -- period.
bandersnatch

Post by bandersnatch »

Yeah hockeygoof the mg is unique in this practice. Why dont you call out all of the teams bringing in players. The gold brought in one player. Ice edge elite brought in at least one... the one with velocity stickers. Also... the black team is a fully separate team with 4 separate tourneys... no one has been shorted anything.... u just look dumb when you keep bashing... worried about your small size... of your hockey program :D
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

bandersnatch wrote:Yeah hockeygoof the mg is unique in this practice. Why dont you call out all of the teams bringing in players. The gold brought in one player. Ice edge elite brought in at least one... the one with velocity stickers. Also... the black team is a fully separate team with 4 separate tourneys... no one has been shorted anything.... u just look dumb when you keep bashing... worried about your small size... of your hockey program :D
Very cute. Keep celebrating four team tournaments. Not a word about training, just about hoping you've arrived. If you had any character, you'd promote from within. And, no, you're not separate. You practice together. Some even play together -- when it's safe. And my hockey program is just fine -- at least your wife thought it tickled. And she hasn't laughed in a long time. :D

Bye-bye now.
Irish

Post by Irish »

helightsthelamp wrote:
Irish wrote:
Who were the players 99 Competitive Edge brought in? What team do they normally play for?

Not to kill the Buzz about this tournament. Were there any good teams playing? It sounds as if some average teams brought in better players? Correct me if I'm wrong.
hockeygoof1

Post by hockeygoof1 »

Irish wrote:
helightsthelamp wrote:
Irish wrote: Who did 99 Competitive Edge bring in this weekend to play?
R
Who were the players 99 Competitive Edge brought in? What team do they normally play for?

Not to kill the Buzz about this tournament. Were there any good teams playing? It sounds as if some average teams brought in better players? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bingo on the average teams. Not all brought outsiders, but most did. It's Showcase hockey..
Irish

Post by Irish »

hockeygoof1 wrote:
Irish wrote:
helightsthelamp wrote: A lot more then one :)
R

Bingo on the average teams. Not all brought outsiders, but most did. It's Showcase hockey..
Who won it? I didn't see any good teams in the tournament. I heard one of the Canadian teams did well. No Orange - No Black - No Icemen - No Blades - No Nats - No Velocity?
MNM JMH

Post by MNM JMH »

Blades, Black, Nats, ... They were all there in some levels
Irish

Post by Irish »

MNM JMH wrote:Blades, Black, Nats, ... They were all there in some levels
I'm sure some teams had fill ins. Did the Nats bring their Black or Red team to play?
I was told the elite players that did play didn't do much damage. Not sure?
Irish

Post by Irish »

To be fair to the program I won't say the name. But I heard this program released one of their players because he played for another team in another tournament.
I heard this players was approved to play in this tournament, but it seems the parents didn't like the idea of this player playing for a different team.

Fast forward this past weekend it appears that some other players from this program played for a different program and all is well.

My question: If this program held a parents meeting at the beginning of the year and told all the parents one team and one team only. Why can some kids play for other programs and some can not?
skipperj

Post by skipperj »

There is no loyalty to a program because no programs have loyalty. Its everyone out for themselves. Its who you know and who you ..... never mind.
irish skater

Post by irish skater »

Irish wrote:To be fair to the program I won't say the name. But I heard this program released one of their players because he played for another team in another tournament.
I heard this players was approved to play in this tournament, but it seems the parents didn't like the idea of this player playing for a different team.

Fast forward this past weekend it appears that some other players from this program played for a different program and all is well.

My question: If this program held a parents meeting at the beginning of the year and told all the parents one team and one team only. Why can some kids play for other programs and some can not?
I don't have that answer necessarily. The better kid's parents tend to do what they want.
The one thing that's always irked me was not only the same kids, but practically entire teams that play invite one week and open the next. I emailed the guys that run a lot of these tournaments and asked them to limit the players to one tournament, open or invite. That was a year or two ago. I'm sure that any day now they'll get back to me.

As I say that, is it my imagination or has the number of teams in these things dropped off. Just a couple years ago a lot of the levels had 16 or so teams. Is it too many tournaments, or are parents taking their weekends back? I've heard teams are struggling to fill out rosters and even at the younger years.
Irish

Post by Irish »

irish skater wrote:
Irish wrote:To be fair to the program I won't say the name. But I heard this program released one of their players because he played for another team in another tournament.

I don't have that answer necessarily. The better kid's parents tend to do what they want.
The one thing that's always irked me was not only the same kids, but practically entire teams that play invite one week and open the next. I emailed the guys that run a lot of these tournaments and asked them to limit the players to one tournament, open or invite. That was a year or two ago. I'm sure that any day now they'll get back to me.

As I say that, is it my imagination or has the number of teams in these things dropped off. Just a couple years ago a lot of the levels had 16 or so teams. Is it too many tournaments, or are parents taking their weekends back? I've heard teams are struggling to fill out rosters and even at the younger years.
In our age group I've never seen so many kids play on other teams. I'm not saying its a bad thing. But when programs make promises and don't keep them then some thing is wrong.
Flat out. If a program makes promises they need to keep them. Every year you hear the same story. The program said this and did that. In most cases they don't justify the moves.
:idea: If no players can play for other teams then treat everyone the same from the top player to the bottom player.
:idea: If the program promises they won't pick up players for tournaments then keep the promise.
This really hasn't effected my situation too much, but AAA hockey can get very expensive and the last thing you want to see are people making broken promises. Not to mention its a terrible reflection on their program.
irish skater

Post by irish skater »

Irish wrote:
irish skater wrote:

In our age group I've never seen so many kids play on other teams. I'm not saying its a bad thing. But when programs make promises and don't keep them then some thing is wrong.
Flat out. If a program makes promises they need to keep them. Every year you hear the same story. The program said this and did that. In most cases they don't justify the moves.
:idea: If no players can play for other teams then treat everyone the same from the top player to the bottom player.
:idea: If the program promises they won't pick up players for tournaments then keep the promise.
This really hasn't effected my situation too much, but AAA hockey can get very expensive and the last thing you want to see are people making broken promises. Not to mention its a terrible reflection on their program.
No argument here. I've seen it many times.