Miracle Gold 03: The hope of the north???

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

msphockey wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:I noticed the Blades are also in the Independent Cup as well.
03 Blades are playing Invite correct? No 03 Miracle Gold?
03 Level
Machine Black
Euro American
Legacy
Minnesota Blades

I guess no MG this week. Unless they are on someone elses roster..... :wink:
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp »

Legacy Gold? :)
HockeyDad100

Post by HockeyDad100 »

What do you mean by Legacy Gold???
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

I think he means that there are a couple of MG players that "help out" other teams. It's all good.
HockeyDad100

Post by HockeyDad100 »

From what I have heard Legacy has 1 MG player playing with them this weekend, everyone else is on there tournament roster for all of their tournaments. The only reason he is playing is (2) Legacy players are playing with the Blades in this tournament
bandersnatch

Post by bandersnatch »

Actually 4 mgs... its all good.
HockeyDad100

Post by HockeyDad100 »

Actually 1 player, other 3 have been playing both all year. So they are as much as part of Legacy as MG.
we're all crazy

Post by we're all crazy »

HockeyDad100 wrote:Actually 1 player, other 3 have been playing both all year. So they are as much as part of Legacy as MG.
Does Legacy allow their "Prospect" players (i.e. the ones who have paying and practicing all summer) to play in tournaments when they are short players? Or do they leave them at home and borrow ringers from MG?
helightsthelamp

HockeyDad100 wrote:Actually 1 player, other 3 have been playing both all year. So they are as much as part of Legacy as MG.
Not sure where you get your information from, but when both teams were in the Meltdown, none of them played for Legacy.....
helightsthelamp

By my count, there are 11 kids on '03 MG roster skating this weekend, this includes both gold and black roster and '04's.
HockeyDad100

Post by HockeyDad100 »

The reason those players played with MG during the Meltdown is because the Legacy wasn't suppose to play in that tournament and those players had already committed to play with MG. There was a mix up between the tournament director and the Legacy director. Legacy decided to stay in the tournament instead of withdrawing at the last minute to help the Meltdown out.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

HockeyDad100 wrote:The reason those players played with MG during the Meltdown is because the Legacy wasn't suppose to play in that tournament and those players had already committed to play with MG. There was a mix up between the tournament director and the Legacy director. Legacy decided to stay in the tournament instead of withdrawing at the last minute to help the Meltdown out.
So you're saying that MG won the meltdown with Legacy's players?
HockeyDad100

Post by HockeyDad100 »

What I'm saying there are players that are rostered on both teams, Legacy and MG. They play for both programs and practice for both as well. Legacy also has players that play and practice for the Blades as well.
we're all crazy

Post by we're all crazy »

HockeyDad100 wrote:What I'm saying there are players that are rostered on both teams, Legacy and MG. They play for both programs and practice for both as well. Legacy also has players that play and practice for the Blades as well.
Maybe I chose the wrong side on the "watered down" debate earlier this year. Knock Bernie all you want for keeping his teams in-house. But "Invite" programs that share players and pull from other programs week-to-week seems lame to me. Sounds like there are too many "Elite" programs and not enough talent to fill them. How many players are on the rosters of these teams? Do they ever ice the same group or switch it up every tournament?
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

HockeyDad100 wrote:What I'm saying there are players that are rostered on both teams, Legacy and MG. They play for both programs and practice for both as well. Legacy also has players that play and practice for the Blades as well.
MN Bladegacy Gold 03?

Wonder what those jerseys would look like?
intothezone

Post by intothezone »

I am only aware of two that are rostered for both MG and Legacy 03. It seems to be just one families choice. Other kids may just be filling in when Legacy needs players, probably just for pick-up tourny's.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

Rumor has it the MG and Blades matched up twice at the '03 level this past weekend and neither game was close...can anyone verify?
MNM JMH

Post by MNM JMH »

InThePipes wrote:Rumor has it the MG and Blades matched up twice at the '03 level this past weekend and neither game was close...can anyone verify?
Who did you hear won?
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

MNM JMH wrote:
InThePipes wrote:Rumor has it the MG and Blades matched up twice at the '03 level this past weekend and neither game was close...can anyone verify?
Who did you hear won?
Blades by 4 or 5 goals in each game, heard neither outcome was ever in doubt. Again, just what I heard.
MNM JMH

Post by MNM JMH »

What happend to hope of the north.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Did the Blades bring in kids to make sure they won?
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

International Cup 2012
03 Machine Black 7
03 Miracle Gold 6

From the box scores, this looked to be a pretty good match up. Looks like one kid on the Machine Black scored 4 of the 6 goals and assisted on another. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that he was brought in from the orange team.

It's only one game. I would guess they will play again in the championship.

Anyone know if they have kids missing or something? I thought they would handle the black team.
helightsthelamp

Anyone know if they have kids missing or something? I thought they would handle the black team.[/quote]

Something, was they are 8 and 9 years old, took to many penalties, did not play well, and very good goalie for Machine.

MG 03 beat Machine 6-3 to take home the ship. MG out shot machine 42-14. one orange kid had all three goals.
HB Miracle GOLD

Post by HB Miracle GOLD »

Miracle Gold would like to thank the 20 players and their families that participated in the NAHC in Winnipeg this past weekend.

Congratulations to the 2003's for sweeping the International Hockey Cup over the past two weekends.

These teams have played in 8 consecutive championships, winning 7...

Miracle Gold 2003 - Meltdown Invite - Champions
Miracle Black 2003 - Meltdown Open - Champions

Miracle Gold 2003 - Manitoba Lightning Spring Classic - Champions

Miracle Gold 2003 - Golden Walleye - 2nd Place

Miracle Gold 2003 - International Hockey Cup Invite - Champions
Miracle Black 2003 - International Hockey Cup Open - Champions

The facilities these players have carte blanche access to are second to none.

The training these players receive is second to none including FHIT - ESP, D-Core, O-Set and Minnesota Elite Goaltending Academy (MEGA) training by Justin Johnson and his staff.

We have program partners like Miken Hockey and Bite Tech / Armourbite that provide our players with access to their products.

After three months of the AAA season, ask yourself if you are getting all that you thought (or were promised) from your current program.

www.miraclegold.org
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Nice job Gold. More and more Mn kids getting a chance to play more hockey.