State A Quarterfinal: Rochester Lourdes vs [1] Hermantown

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Hermantown
82%
Rochester Lourdes
18%

Total votes: 61

Krispy

Post by Krispy »

Almost another one. Off the crossbar and out.
minnysotahockee

Post by minnysotahockee »

Lourdes gets one in the final seconds, 3-2 hermantown end 1st
Krispy

Post by Krispy »

Hermantown let's one up with 1.4 seconds, 3-2 now
easton18

Post by easton18 »

Huge goal by Lourdes at the end of the first. Hopefully they can use the momentum to keep rolling and keep this one close!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

We're awake for this one! I'm curious to see how the teams respond to that late goal.
PrivateSchoolPastor

Post by PrivateSchoolPastor »

Battle of the birds. Hawks vs Eagles.. gotta love it. Hawks have the lead and the eagles have all the momentum right now after the first. You would think Lourdes will come out flying but knowing Hermantown they will take care of business. The first period is over for the undefeated hawks and enough non sense. Lourdes will come out hard but lets see how their goalie plays. The hawks will take care of business. But by gosh i hope im wrong i would love to see another private school snake their way to the semi's! :twisted:
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

That Samuelson kid is pretty relentless!!
Edger

Post by Edger »

Man, Michael Jackson looks nothing like he did when he was alive.
Wait ... maybe that wasn't him?
Edger

Post by Edger »

Hawks get that late one right back.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Lourdes paying the price for sending in two deep.
I can splash in the rink puddles!
Krispy

Post by Krispy »

Flood gates starting to open up...

6-2
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Well, at least we had one exciting period of hockey today.
justahockeydad

Post by justahockeydad »

Someone please help me to understand why Hermantown is in 5A and not 7A with the Duluth class A schools. If I remember right Hermantown is connected to Duluth...yet they go to a section that includes Rodgers?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

justahockeydad wrote:Someone please help me to understand why Hermantown is in 5A and not 7A with the Duluth class A schools. If I remember right Hermantown is connected to Duluth...yet they go to a section that includes Rodgers?
And if they were in 7A, they'd be in a section which includes International Falls, which is farther away from Hermantown than Rogers (no "D") is.

Proctor, by the way, is also in 5A so it's not just a Hermantown thing. Put Proctor and Hermantown in 7A, you'd have too many teams in 7A, not enough in 5A.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
justahockeydad

Post by justahockeydad »

Thanks for trying to help me with this---but I still can't get my head around them NOT being in the same section as Marshall...which is maybe a few miles away at most. Those from 'outside the Duluth area' see it as another way of the Duluth area being able to send another team to state.
I'm just sayin' what lots of people are talking about...
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

justahockeydad wrote:Thanks for trying to help me with this---but I still can't get my head around them NOT being in the same section as Marshall...which is maybe a few miles away at most. Those from 'outside the Duluth area' see it as another way of the Duluth area being able to send another team to state.
I'm just sayin' what lots of people are talking about...
I'm aware of that complaint. It's just one of those weird geographic things which splits the Duluth metro into two different A classes. Kind of like when Bloomington Kennedy and Bloomington Jefferson played in different classes. Not the same complaint as we have here, of course; Kennedy wasn't strong enough to get to state in any class during that period.

Trying to make sense of how the MSHSL does things...well, let's just say I'd be concerned for the health of anyone who could actually figure them out. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
brandy38

Post by brandy38 »

Zaleznikar (#4) has really impressed me.

Any college commitments/potential on the ice for this game?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

brandy38 wrote:Zaleznikar (#4) has really impressed me.

Any college commitments/potential on the ice for this game?
Someone I know in the press box got a good, long interview with him after the game. I'll post a link if/when it becomes available.
notenoughhockey

Southerstick

Post by notenoughhockey »

Southernstick. Let's not forget that these are just teenagers and that they might read these posts. So posting that a player is "no good at all" or "washed up" might be a little out of line. They are not playing for the Wild.
DuluthMMA

Post by DuluthMMA »

PuckU126 wrote:Umm, did the second from the last cheerleader from Hermantown say "Hi Mitch" or "Hi Bi**h" ? :lol:

It was really close...

8)

lol, My girlfriend asked me the same thing