#3 Eagan vs Moorhead 3/8 @ 1PM

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Moorhead
47%
Eagan
53%

Total votes: 76

EHSHack

#3 Eagan vs Moorhead 3/8 @ 1PM

Post by EHSHack »

Who ya got?
Go Hounds.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Calling the upset... 3-2 Moorhead
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

SuperStar wrote:Calling the upset... 3-2 Moorhead
No way. Twice-baked potatoes.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

I couldn't find a potatoe... so hopefully this dancing banana entertains you instead.

Image 4 Image 2
Go Hounds.
stopper1

Post by stopper1 »

I have seen both play! Eagan is a much better team. I know you Moorehead fans love your hockey but in all reality it will be tough to beat Eagan. Should be a great game and I wish both teams the best of luck. All you Moorehead fans have a safe trip down!!
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Eagan 4
MH 1
SEMNHOCKEYFAN

Post by SEMNHOCKEYFAN »

Eagan-5
Moorhead-1
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

EHSHack wrote:I couldn't find a potatoe... so hopefully this dancing banana entertains you instead.

Image 4 Image 2
Oh, great - a dancing banana ? Been called a lot of things, but . . . . . . . .

That'll make the day for the Tater haters !

3-2 Spuds (hoping the revenge factor shows up)
Last edited by SPUDNUT on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Eagan 3-1. Bitzer will stand on his head and be the only thing keeping them in this thing.
EastMetro Hockey10

Post by EastMetro Hockey10 »

Eagan 4
Moorhead 1
Bum Mahoney

Post by Bum Mahoney »

Eagan 6
Moorhead 2
Cats will just wear them down and pull away late.
21Swagger

Post by 21Swagger »

2-1 Spuds
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

The key to this game will be how well Bitzer plays. To me he's the best goalie in the state and he'll need to play his best for the Spuds to win this one. Both teams have experience on the big stage and the fact that they played each other in the quarterfinals last year could come into play in this one. The Spuds have a great coach and a great goalie, but Eagan has extremely talented skaters that will challenge them the whole game. I think this will be a good one and whoever wins will win by 2 goals or less.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I will take the Spuds in OT 3-2.
I never root against orange and black. :)
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

eagan about 5-1 snoozfest...and morehead will not bring a band..
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

I think Moorhead will be a tough game, they will be extra motivated in wanting to redeem their loss to Eagan last year and Bitzer is the best goalie in the state. Eagan is more talented offensively and defensively but strong motivation and a great goalie can do some real damage. In the end though I think Eagan will wear them down with a final score something like 4 - 2, 5 - 3...cant wait ! GO CATS !
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

If Bitzer stands on his head and Eagan comes out like they did against, say Bloomington Jefferson or the first two periods against Park, this could tip towards an upset. But I wouldn't bet on that.

Leaving us with....

Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

5-2 Eagan Way too much talent on the Eagan squad. Eagan is my Pick for the champs. I would like to see BSM win for JJabs but I think it is Eagans year.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

The way I see it is the only way the Spuds can win this game is if it's a low-scoring game. The Spuds just don't have the offensive firepower to put up 4 or 5 goals on a team like Eagan, unless Eagan should happen to look past them. If the same Spuds team that beat Eden Prairie, Breck, Benilde and led Minnetonka for 2 periods shows up, it could be a very interesting game. But if they play like they did against H-M, it will be ugly.

And while I agree that how well Bitzer plays is a big key, it's also just as important for the Spuds to play well defensively as a team in front of him. Even though they only gave up 1 goal to Brainerd, we saw Pohlkamp skate right through the Spuds defense with the puck a few times in the section championship game. That kind of thing just can't be allowed to happen against Eagan.
Last edited by CitiesSpudsGuy on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
sweetthang

Post by sweetthang »

karl(east) wrote:If Bitzer stands on his head and Eagan comes out like they did against, say Bloomington Jefferson or the first two periods against Park, this could tip towards an upset. But I wouldn't bet on that.

Leaving us with....

Karl,
Love ya but you haven't given Eagan much respect all year long so why start now. Nice pick sliding in the picture of the Spuds last, covering yourself with the "I wouldn't bet on that" for Eagan yet you picked the Spuds. Clarity is what your usually all about but this post is as cloudy as ever!~!
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

I think its as clear as day, The Wildcats are gonna make mashed tater's outta the Spuds....Love it !!!
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
underthenbar01

Post by underthenbar01 »

[quote="CitiesSpudsGuy"]The way I see it is the only way the Spuds can win this game is if it's a low-scoring game. The Spuds just don't have the offensive firepower to put up 4 or 5 goals on a team like Eagan, unless Eagan should happen to look past them. If the same Spuds team that beat Eden Prairie, Breck, Benilde and led Minnetonka for 2 periods shows up, it could be a very interesting game. But if they play like they did against H-M, it will be ugly.

[/quote]And while I agree that how well Bitzer plays is a big key,[/quote] it's also just as important for the Spuds to play well defensively as a team in front of him. Even though they only gave up 1 goal to Brainerd, we saw Pohlkamp skate right through the Spuds defense with the puck a few times in the section championship game. That kind of thing just can't be allowed to happen against Eagan.

Bitzer will be the ONLY key for the spuds. They will go as far as he can take them
Remember to use spell check!
Mnhockey83

Post by Mnhockey83 »

Eagan 4-1
Bitzer will keep it close for 2 periods then it will open up a little, Morrhead will have a real hard time scoring.
kem-us-tree

Post by kem-us-tree »

This game could come down to power play. The officials on this big stage will be under the gun to call checking from behind and head contact. If Eagan plays cheap like they are capable of they might have to kill some 5 minute penalties. Not sure how good the Moorhead PP is - we will see.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

sweetthang wrote:
Karl,
Love ya but you haven't given Eagan much respect all year long so why start now. Nice pick sliding in the picture of the Spuds last, covering yourself with the "I wouldn't bet on that" for Eagan yet you picked the Spuds. Clarity is what your usually all about but this post is as cloudy as ever!~!
I picked the Wildcats. I put up a picture of mashed potatoes for a reason. :wink:

I may have had Eagan a spot or two lower than some other rankings at times this season, but I don't think that's a sign I dislike them. Just my interpretation of their schedule, and for all the top end talent, there were some moments when their teamwork left something to be desired. But they're still a much more complete team than Moorhead.