St. Lukes All-Star Game

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Krispy

St. Lukes All-Star Game

Post by Krispy »

The rosters for the Duluth area team was released today, still waiting on the range's roster. How are the teams going to fair? It seems that the Duluth roster is stacked as usual, looking forward to seeing what the range can put up.

Team Duluth Roster

Goalies: John Scheuer (CEC), Zach Thompson (Denfeld)

Defensemen: Jared Kolquist (Hermantown), Brett Bukowski (Superior), Nate Repenski (East), Brian LeBlanc (Hermantown), Jake Bushey (Marshall), and Ben Campbell (Denfeld).

Forwards: Dom Toninato (East), Judd Peterson (Marshall), Jared Thomas (Hermantown), Jake Randolph (East), Trevor Olson (East), Nolan Holcombe (Superior), Levi Talarico (Denfeld), Beau Michaud (CEC) and Josh Cisar (Moose Lake).
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Who says Mn doesn't put out top talent. Wow that's just from there!! Nice team!!!!!!
rainier

Post by rainier »

Bushey and Campbell over Meirs Moore? Head-scratcher.
butterball5

Post by butterball5 »

They only allow juniors and seniors or else Moore and Kuhlman should be there.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

butterball5 wrote:They only allow juniors and seniors or else Moore and Kuhlman should be there.
Moore is a junior, but unless I'm mistaken every single player on the team listed is a senior.
StreetStix

Post by StreetStix »

Several are not seniors.

Zach is a junior, Beau is a junior, Levi is a junior. Not sure on the Superior kids. I'm guessing they didn't add several East guys in order to let other kids onto the team. Pretty sure if it was totally talent/skill, that team would be more overrun with Hermantown and East kids.

Kuhlmann, Meirs, Beaulieu, etc will have next year ;) maybe...
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

I dont believe Randolph nominates underclassman IIRC.
Go Hounds.
nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 »

When is this game? should be a good game. Range will probably have 5 or 6 from GR. 2 or 3 each from Hibbing, Brainerd & Bemidji, 1 or 2 from
I-Falls, and goalie from greenway.
DuluthMMA

Post by DuluthMMA »

Finally. A chance to see how good Cisar really is. Can't wait for this game
rainier

Post by rainier »

Iron Range roster anyone?
FightingSioux5

Post by FightingSioux5 »

rainier wrote:Iron Range roster anyone?
I would love to see the Iron Range Roster! The Duluth area squad is looking pretty strong this year...My guess from Rapids would be Mondry, Stejskal, possibly Koerbitz and Flaherty. Underwood would also have been a great addition to the team, but his recent injury will probably prevent that.

Is this game mostly just for senior players? Would love to see Bischoff on the Iron Range team!
Fighting Sioux Forever!
Cornermukker

Post by Cornermukker »

Agreed. Who pick these teams?
nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 »

FightingSioux5 wrote:
rainier wrote:Iron Range roster anyone?
I would love to see the Iron Range Roster! The Duluth area squad is looking pretty strong this year...My guess from Rapids would be Mondry, Stejskal, possibly Koerbitz and Flaherty. Underwood would also have been a great addition to the team, but his recent injury will probably prevent that.

Is this game mostly just for senior players? Would love to see Bischoff on the Iron Range team!
i would say mondry, underwood, flaherty, bischoff, and (peterson, but probably to young as soph?) stejskal hasn't been very good all year but maybe because he played in it last year. horsemann before him and possibly simonson and mann before koerbitz.
FightingSioux5

Post by FightingSioux5 »

i would say mondry, underwood, flaherty, bischoff, and (peterson, but probably to young as soph?) stejskal hasn't been very good all year but maybe because he played in it last year. horsemann before him and possibly simonson and mann before koerbitz.[/quote]

I'm not sure that Underwood will be able to play in the game considering the recent injury that he suffered during practice
Fighting Sioux Forever!
nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 »

FightingSioux5 wrote:i would say mondry, underwood, flaherty, bischoff, and (peterson, but probably to young as soph?) stejskal hasn't been very good all year but maybe because he played in it last year. horsemann before him and possibly simonson and mann before koerbitz.
I'm not sure that Underwood will be able to play in the game considering the recent injury that he suffered during practice[/quote]

Ya I Doubt it, Isn't he out 4 to 6 weeks minimum? How long has he been out now? When is the game?
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

OFFICIAL ROSTERS

Duluth All-Stars
1 John Scheuer CEC 5’1’’ 155 G
2 Josh Cisar Moose Lake F
3 Ben Campbell Denfeld 6’1’’ 180 D
4 Jared Kolquist Hermantown 5’10’’ 180 D
5 Judd Peterson Marshall
6 Jake Randolph East
7 Trevor Olson East
8 Beau Michaud CEC 5’4’’ 161 F
9 Levi Talarico Denfeld 5’8’’ 175 F
10 Jared Thomas Hermantown 6’1’’ 185 F
19 Dom Toninato East 6’1’’ 170 F
20 Jake Bushey Marshall 6’0’’ 190 D
24 Nate Repenski East 5’10’’ 175 D
26 Brian LeBlanc Hermantown 5’10’’ 175 D
27 Brett Bukowski Superior 6’0’’ 180 D
35 Zach Thompson Denfeld 6’1’’ 180 G
37 Nolan Holcombe Superior 6’1’’ 170 F
Head Coach: Mike Randolph, Duluth East

Iron Range All-Stars
1 Patrick Flaherty Grand Rapids 6’1’’ 180 G
2 Matt Seratore Bemidji 5’8’’ 145 F
3 Jordan Stejskal Grand Rapids 6’1’’ 190 D
4 Erikur Arnason Greenway 5’11’’ 175 G
5 Jake Biscoff Grand Rapids 6’1’’ 180 D
6 Mike Pechovnik Hibbing 6’2’’ 175 D
7 Tyler Tatro Bemidji
8 Gaven Motsenbacher Brainerd
9 Adam Johnson Hibbing 5’11’’ 150 F
10 Travis Underwood Grand Rapids 6’2’’ 190 F
11 Matt Pohlkamp Brainerd 6’1” 197 F
12 Derek Judnik Virginia 6’3’’ 210 D
15 Jordan Heller Bemidji 5’11’’ 175 F
21 Aaron Rich Brainerd 6’1’’ 170 F
26 Mitch Mclain Brainerd
27 Nate Mondy Grand Rapids
28 Cody Mann Grand Rapids
Head Coach: Wade Chiodo, Bemidji
7aHockey

Post by 7aHockey »

Hmm brainerd and bemidji kids on the roster again. I dont know how just these towns were picked to be apart of the game and not deserving kids on other northern teams in 8aa and 8a. Needs to be called something other than iron range as that part of the game is gone. Biggest omission off the iron range roster was Lucas DeBenedet from I falls who led the IRC in scoring.
Cornermukker

Post by Cornermukker »

7aHockey wrote:Hmm brainerd and bemidji kids on the roster again. I dont know how just these towns were picked to be apart of the game and not deserving kids on other northern teams in 8aa and 8a. Needs to be called something other than iron range as that part of the game is gone. Biggest omission off the iron range roster was Lucas DeBenedet from I falls who led the IRC in scoring.
They said last year that Bemidji and Brainerd would be a permanent part of the game.
brent bocnuk

Iron Range All Star Team

Post by brent bocnuk »

Gentlemen, we have a problem here. The leagues leading hockey player in points is a fabulous player from I. Falls, Lucas DeBenedet.....Unless this team roster has a typo someone needs to review this today!! You cannot omit the top point man in the league from the picked team. Plus have you seen this kid play? Shoot? Score?? I have twice this winter and he has the gift of skills that cannot be taught. Please review you list!! This is not right.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Agreed. Debenedet should be on this team.
Barrelstove

All Star Team- DeBenedet,,,,,,

Post by Barrelstove »

I have to agree, if this Int'l Falls player is leading the league in points this in itself puts him on the team does it not?? How is the team picked? Just by judging a kid as a good player?? Is this team not picked by statistics? The top player in points [ fact ] is not selected for this team? I have no kids in high school hockey so I am questioning the integrity of how this all star team gets chosen. Seems to me the Falls boy, DeBenedet, IS the leading star!!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Gotta love it when two brand spanking new posters agree on an issue. And then happen to share the same IP address. Just sayin' :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
nortstar52

Re: All Star Team- DeBenedet,,,,,,

Post by nortstar52 »

Barrelstove wrote:I have to agree, if this Int'l Falls player is leading the league in points this in itself puts him on the team does it not?? How is the team picked? Just by judging a kid as a good player?? Is this team not picked by statistics? The top player in points [ fact ] is not selected for this team? I have no kids in high school hockey so I am questioning the integrity of how this all star team gets chosen. Seems to me the Falls boy, DeBenedet, IS the leading star!!
It is suppose to be the top players, points have nothing to do with it. These teams play ely, two harbors, silver bay, ashland, give me a break. If that's the case then throw a couple ankle benders from greenway & eveleth on the team. I did see the DeBenedet kid play a few games this year and I agree he should be on the team because of his talent not his point totals!
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

east hockey wrote:Gotta love it when two brand spanking new posters agree on an issue. And then happen to share the same IP address. Just sayin' :mrgreen:

Lee
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

east hockey wrote:Gotta love it when two brand spanking new posters agree on an issue. And then happen to share the same IP address. Just sayin' :mrgreen:

Lee
At least he agrees with himself. I'm not sure it's as much fun but it makes sense 8)