WBL Looking for U14 Players

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

wbgirlsythhockey

WBL Looking for U14 Players

Post by wbgirlsythhockey »

WBL has room for girls looking to play at the U14 level. In need of a goalie as well. Please check the hockey website www.wblhockey.com for further details.
fun&games

Post by fun&games »

Can girls who want to play make an A team or will they play B? How spots do you have?
wbgirlsythhockey

Post by wbgirlsythhockey »

We are looking for about 5 or 6 players and a goalie. Looking to fillout our U14B team. Will be a very competitive team.
observer

Post by observer »

You've completed 14 tryouts already? I think these invitations without an opportunity to earn a spot on the A team are goofy. None of the A team spots should be protected. You want players but only if they're weaker than your top 13 and the goalie?

Side note. Unusual to hear WBL in this position. Are WBL girls numbers declining?
luckyEPDad

Post by luckyEPDad »

wbgirlsythhockey wrote:We are looking for about 5 or 6 players and a goalie. Looking to fillout our U14B team. Will be a very competitive team.
WBL needing 5-6 more girls and a goalie means to me that you have about 20-22 skaters and one goalie total. How solid are those numbers seeing as how there's a HS tryout information meeting on the 19th?

Eden Prairie was planning on A1, A2 and B at the U14 level, but I doubt that's going to happen. Won't know much until the HS team is announced, but there are 38 skaters on the practice rosters right now and a lot are really good freshmen. I don't think EP can borrow from the U12 ranks again.

Several associations reported plans for two U14 teams and even a few with 3. I know you have to start planning early, but these projections sure look overly optimistic.
redarmydad

Post by redarmydad »

********REMOVED********
Last edited by redarmydad on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forwards4ever

Post by forwards4ever »

Easy RAD your association didn't plan very well either. Not only do you have to bring in Blaine to fill out your rosters at 14's, you have 6 freshmen possibly moving up to high school. And your top 8th graders are scattering to the wind. Looks like you deserted your Army. Keep it real!!!
redarmydad

Post by redarmydad »

forwards4ever wrote:Easy RAD your association didn't plan very well either. Not only do you have to bring in Blaine to fill out your rosters at 14's, you have 6 freshmen possibly moving up to high school. And your top 8th graders are scattering to the wind. Looks like you deserted your Army. Keep it real!!!
I appreciate the personal attack, nothing but class. I digress, the Centennial association was working on Co-Ops since July, and while staying in our own district, unlike some, the dutiful people on the Centennial board found a solution that was spot on and everyone was happy with. Not to mention the service and benefit that Blaine received out of this. Blaine was looking at no goalie and only 10 skaters to try and compete at 14U. As far as the 9th graders moving up to JV/Varsity, the Centennial board decided to hold youth tryouts before the High School tryouts and carry 19 skater on the 14UA team until after JV/Varsity tryouts when the 14UA team will lose those girls destined for the Varsity/JV track leaving the Blaine Centennial CO-OP team with the perfect number of skaters. AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, THAT IS PRETTY GOOD PLANNING! Don't see how it could've gone any better.
hockeyfan87

Post by hockeyfan87 »

redarmydad wrote:
luckyEPDad wrote:
wbgirlsythhockey wrote:We are looking for about 5 or 6 players and a goalie. Looking to fillout our U14B team. Will be a very competitive team.
WBL needing 5-6 more girls and a goalie means to me that you have about 20-22 skaters and one goalie total. How solid are those numbers seeing as how there's a HS tryout information meeting on the 19th?

Eden Prairie was planning on A1, A2 and B at the U14 level, but I doubt that's going to happen. Won't know much until the HS team is announced, but there are 38 skaters on the practice rosters right now and a lot are really good freshmen. I don't think EP can borrow from the U12 ranks again.

Several associations reported plans for two U14 teams and even a few with 3. I know you have to start planning early, but these projections sure look overly optimistic.
Agreed 100% Why didn't WBL start planning for this earlier? Tryouts aere over and every association has made mergers by now. So you are basically gonna leave those girls out or send them to U19 Jr. Gold if you have a team at that level. Great planning!!!
The question I have for you Redarmydad are these. How do you know they weren't looking sooner? How do you know they haven't been trying to find a solution for months? It is possible they had girls leave for High School at the last minute. Trying to lineup U14's is a complex process every year.

Not sure why we have to attack WBL for trying to find some players for their 14B team. I am far from a WBL guy, but I can see people trying to reach out and find players...
hockey121330

Post by hockey121330 »

The question I have for you Redarmydad are these. How do you know they weren't looking sooner? How do you know they haven't been trying to find a solution for months? It is possible they had girls leave for High School at the last minute. Trying to lineup U14's is a complex process every year.

Not sure why we have to attack WBL for trying to find some players for their 14B team. I am far from a WBL guy, but I can see people trying to reach out and find players...
I couldn't have said it better. Anybody that has had to work on 14U hockey and it's ever moving number of players knows what a challenge this can be. Kudos to Centennial for the co-op with Blaine but unless you know the whole story no need to come at an association that is using a source to look for players.