All Metro 1st Team

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Guru20

All Metro 1st Team

Post by Guru20 »

Soon to be released:

G Ryan Coyne - Maple Grove
D Nick Seeler - Eden Prairie
D Max Everson - Edina
F Tony Cammeranesi - Wayzata
F Mike Dockry - Burnsville
F Kyle Rau - Eden Prairie
BodyShots

Re: All Metro 1st Team

Post by BodyShots »

Guru20 wrote:Soon to be released:

D Max Everson - Edina
According to who?
HockeyMN1

Re: All Metro 1st Team

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Guru20 wrote:Soon to be released:

D Max Everson - Edina
If this is true I would have put Kloos as a forward instead of Dockry and Shaughnessy as the goalie. Otherwise it's probably fair.
EP two out of three.
Guru20

Post by Guru20 »

I don't know how long this information has been out, but they had their photo shoot today, and I heard of this early this evening as word started to spread.

Star Tribune All Metro 1st Team.
HockeyGuy81

Post by HockeyGuy81 »

Was Coyne in the butterfly looking behind him into the net?
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

kloos is not only deserving, but better then these great forwards listed
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

trippedovertheblueline wrote:kloos is not only deserving, but better then these great forwards listed
He should be on there I agree but hes not better than Rau IMO.
Last edited by GordonBombay99 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

I thought that this was the State of Hockey... not just Mpls 'burbs!! :shock: :wink:
Guru20

Post by Guru20 »

Coyne is a very good goalie, had a very good season, and I think Coyne was VERY disappointing in the playoffs. All Metro Team is voted on by the coaches so they must have seen something that they liked, and Maple Grove did give up the fewest amount of goals in the state.

My opinion is that there are a couple goalies that are definitely better then Coyne, some didn't have the great numbers to show for it like Engum or Girard, but I would have given it to Lindgren from Lakeville North.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Guru20 wrote:Coyne is a very good goalie, had a very good season, and I think Coyne was VERY disappointing in the playoffs. All Metro Team is voted on by the coaches so they must have seen something that they liked, and Maple Grove did give up the fewest amount of goals in the state.

My opinion is that there are a couple goalies that are definitely better then Coyne, some didn't have the great numbers to show for it like Engum or Girard, but I would have given it to Lindgren from Lakeville North.
Forgot about Engum too, he was really good this year. Surprised him, Shaughnessy, or Ford didn't get it.
EP two out of three.
Guru20

Post by Guru20 »

.[/quote]
Forgot about Engum too, he was really good this year. Surprised him, Shaughnessy, or Ford didn't get it.[/quote]

Shaughnessy I agree and I'm sure he was in the running, my guess is coaches didn't like his schedule and by my very quick glance he had 11 games where he faced 14 shots or less. I'm surprised that Ford was up for the Brimsek award, to be fair I've only seen him play 3 games this year but even with the tough schedule it seems like with those Defensemen and team in front of him his save % should have been better.

I would think that guys like Lehr (Roseville), Malvin (Blaine), and Glockner (Minnetonka), were considered also.
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

surprised that dockry made it. He had a great year and is a very good hockey player, I just feel like there may have been some more deserving players. Also, the goalie position is so deep in the metro I could have seen many different options for that spot with all being very deserving
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

after looking at both teams

Kloos from Lakeville puts up nearly 30 more points than Dockry playing in the same conference, and against similiar tough non-conference opponents, but Dockry gets the nod over Kloos?

who picks these teams? the Basketball staff at the Pioneer Press?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Would have to agree with the Kloss snub. He played in same conference as Dockry, put up nearly 30 more pts, and had less of a supporting cast. Have to wander if he will stick around and play another year of hs? Alex Harvey was a nice looking player on south as well..
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

I'm sure the All Metro team from the PIONEER press will have a different slant to it! Maybe a few more players from the East Metro?

I'm sorry, but how are you a Mr. Hockey finalist and not even included in the All Metro team?
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

Great point !

=D>
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Star Trib All-Metro team typically seems like a "popularity" contest every year and yes, BodyShots, the Press will have a much diff team as they always do.....Any guesses on Metro Player of the year?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Pretty sure it will be Mr. Rau
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Sats81 wrote:Star Trib All-Metro team typically seems like a "popularity" contest every year and yes, BodyShots, the Press will have a much diff team as they always do.....Any guesses on Metro Player of the year?
Rau

8)
The Puck
LGW
The Greatness

Post by The Greatness »

I think daly should be on this list over Seeler. Daly was much more important to his team that Seeler was to his team
The Greatness is always the Best
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Sats81 wrote:Star Trib All-Metro team typically seems like a "popularity" contest every year and yes, BodyShots, the Press will have a much diff team as they always do.....Any guesses on Metro Player of the year?
It should, and will be Rau in the Strib.

Now for the PIONEER press, my guess is #11 who wears green and white, rides a bus to Moorhead, and eats at a restaurant that grandpa goes to on his way to the cabin, and a coach who thinks his team has a good chance to go all the way, but doesn't want to put the cart before the horse!
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

BodyShots wrote:I'm sure the All Metro team from the PIONEER press will have a different slant to it! Maybe a few more players from the East Metro?

I'm sorry, but how are you a Mr. Hockey finalist and not even included in the All Metro team?
Body... another solid question is:

Are all these guys committed to the Gophers??

Is Kloos??
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Goldfishdude wrote:
BodyShots wrote:I'm sure the All Metro team from the PIONEER press will have a different slant to it! Maybe a few more players from the East Metro?

Body... another solid question is:

Are all these guys committed to the Gophers??

Is Kloos??
Usually Mr. Hockey is. :wink:

Lets open that can of worms again!

8)
The Puck
LGW
LASERBLUE135

Post by LASERBLUE135 »

Seriously, was Kloos not available for the photo-op? What's up with that? Definetly deserving, but at the end of the day its an awards thing. Pretty sure he'd rather be playing at state (not doing that either...).
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

That will never happen since the Pioneer Press doesn't even have an All Metro Team. They just have their All-State Team which is another joke.