Jga all star team

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Bragenrights

Re: ?

Post by Bragenrights »

[quote="jackstraw"]Names and college they are playing at. I do remember a Lakeville kid a few years ago that got into some trouble that was a very tough player, would have been a very good HS player.[/quote]

Brandon Burns was a great high school player than played JGB his senior year. Probibly could have competed with D1 players

The player from last year is playing at tulene so not a big school but still D3
jackstraw

?

Post by jackstraw »

That was the name I remember, he was a very strong, tough kid. I think the school you are referring to is a club D3 school.
Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

[quote="jackstraw"]That was the name I remember, he was a very strong, tough kid. I think the school you are referring to is a club D3 school.[/quote]

Maybe your right on the club d3 i have no idea thats just what he told me.
just a fan of hockey

Re: D1

Post by just a fan of hockey »

jackstraw wrote:Master Recruiter, please give me 1 name of a JG player that is playing college hockey, D1 or D3. Not bashing JG, just questioning your posts.
Drew Brodbeck that played for Stillwater (never made the HS team) is playing for Holy Cross this year
just a fan of hockey

Jr Gold in College

Drew Brodbeck from Stillwater last year us playing for Holy Cross this year - never made the HS team......
theWEST

Post by theWEST »

:lol:
Last edited by theWEST on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
jackstraw

?

Post by jackstraw »

Not seeing anyone by that name on Holy Cross' roster. Perhaps red shirting or maybe a JV team, I just don't see his name on their official roster. Who is #6 on EP?
Ride4Life

Post by Ride4Life »

jackstraw wrote:Names and college they are playing at. I do remember a Lakeville kid a few years ago that got into some trouble that was a very tough player, would have been a very good HS player.
http://www.hcsaints.com/roster/8/9.php

There ya go... Number one on the list. Drew Broadbeck.. It's D3 but it is still college hockey...
jackstraw

?

Post by jackstraw »

That link is to Holy Cross in Indiana, an ACHA club D3 team. Don't get me wrong, that is great for the kid and I gaurantee you he is having the time of his life playing. My question is still in regards to Master Recruiter claiming that kids are being scouted by NCAA D1 schools.
BRE BRE

Post by BRE BRE »

jackstraw wrote:That link is to Holy Cross in Indiana, an ACHA club D3 team. Don't get me wrong, that is great for the kid and I gaurantee you he is having the time of his life playing. My question is still in regards to Master Recruiter claiming that kids are being scouted by NCAA D1 schools.
To answer your question regarding the recruitment of JGA players for D1 hockey Jockstrap, there was only one player and it was #4 on Edina. He was a promising player from their jv, but unfortunately over the summer he packed on the pounds. It is now humorous that he was ever given the chance. The only other player that has a chance at playing D1 next year is #6 on EP due to the fact he is rich. HE will simply pay his way onto the team wherever he attends college next fall.
just a fan of hockey

Ouch...that hurts. Opinions are good, speculation is fun, but that was a shot that that didn't need to be taken.
jackstraw

?

Post by jackstraw »

Jockstrap? Kind of funny you get ticked. #4 on Edina? Was never scouted for D1 prior to this year. Daddy's money doesn't get you on NCAA D1 teams. My banter has been with Master Recruiter blowing smoke about players being "watched" by D1 guys. I have 0 problems with Jr. Gold, it is hockey, plain and simple, I just get a kick out of someone trivializing D1 recruiting.
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

jackstraw wrote:Jockstrap? Kind of funny you get ticked. #4 on Edina? Was never scouted for D1 prior to this year. Daddy's money doesn't get you on NCAA D1 teams. My banter has been with Master Recruiter blowing smoke about players being "watched" by D1 guys. I have 0 problems with Jr. Gold, it is hockey, plain and simple, I just get a kick out of someone trivializing D1 recruiting.
I'm not saying anyone is or isn't going to play D1 from the Jr Gold level, but some really solid players end up in the Jr Gold ranks for various reasons, and could end up at D1 schools through the Junior hockey ranks.
ballhog

Post by ballhog »

how about USHL ? i've heard that scouts come see some JGA games and every year some kids get offers... true or false?
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

ballhog wrote:how about USHL ? i've heard that scouts come see some JGA games and every year some kids get offers... true or false?
False, occasionally players will go on to the MNJHL and do fairly well, but many players that are top end high school players can't even earn a spot on a USHL team. Like shown above with the Holy Cross kid, many good Jr. Gold players go on to ACHA teams which can be as competetive as the MNJHL and in some cases better. No problem with Jr. Gold, just saying a D1 scholarship is a long shot.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Actually, after posting that I realized TJ Dimke from Mounds View a few years back had some USHL and NAHL scouts watch him his senior year. But he was a varsity kid as a sophomore, made the Advanced 17s I believe and had interest from D1 schools as a junior, just got burnt out of hockey and is now playing club at St. Thomas.
The Greatness

Post by The Greatness »

#3 from slp is a good defenseman but burnsvill or eagan goalie may make it
The Greatness is always the Best
Minnpuck27

Post by Minnpuck27 »

anyone got a good list of players?
not just kids pimping themselves or parents throwing there kids numbers?
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

Minnpuck27 wrote:anyone got a good list of players?
not just kids pimping themselves or parents throwing there kids numbers?
I assign you the job of verifying each posters identity to prevent self promotion. Congratulations :)