SuperSeires Hockey Tournaments

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

In other words, areas outside of traditional hockey zones now field competitive Tier I teams and they've decided to play each other rather than travel to Chicago, Boston, Detroit, and Ontario.

Pouliot's done a very good job, but wasn't this kind of inevitable?
Be kind. Rewind.
RockyMtnIce

Post by RockyMtnIce »

Fielding competitive Tier I teams outside of traditional hockey zones may have been inevitable, but not the SuperSeries concept. For years, the idea was for teams in the non-traditional areas to travel to the traditional areas and take whatever was provided in the tournament, which was typically only a 4-game guarantee. This works if you can drive to most, if not all, of your tournaments.

The SuperSeries concept now has teams from traditional hockey areas traveling to non-traditional area. For instance, just last week a team from the St. Louis Amateur Blues was in Denver for a tournament. In my seven years of youth hockey I have never seen a Tier I team from St. Louis in Denver, but they were in Denver for the Super Series. This weekend, the Shattuck Tier I Bantam team will be in Denver for the SuperSeries event. To my knowledge, SSM has never been to Denver.

The Super Series concept is supporting a competitive field and the guarantee of six games. Nice.
jackstraw

?

Post by jackstraw »

Is this a 3 games on Sat. and 3 on Sun. format, or in other words, how many days are these tourneys. School?
observer

Post by observer »

Glad we live in Minnesota!
Blackhawkfan

Post by Blackhawkfan »

Glad we live in Minnesota.....Good to see other parts of the country
The Wolfpack

Post by The Wolfpack »

The Wolfpack, the greatest AAA team ever to come out of Minnesota is looking to start our own Super Series. Way better than that crappy one the Blades put on. We are not going to invite the Machine or The Blades.

Join the Wolfpack! Tryouts coming up soon.

Be a Wolf
RockyMtnIce

Post by RockyMtnIce »

Jackstraw - the format is 2 games per day, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Six teams play 5 games and then the teams are seeded based on finish, so top two teams play rematch, then 3 vs 4, and 5 vs 6. Most teams will miss a day of school (Friday) assuming you fly in Thursday night.