Jake O'Borsky of Red Wing to transfer to Benilde

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mngopherfan

Post by mngopherfan »

russiawithlove wrote:first off, 2 lines of forwards is not very deep, they have some depth at D though. Also, BSM's team will not have more than probably 4 seniors on it and teams with little leadership do not make state at the AA level. My first point was trying to say that the 2011-2012 team will have a much better opprotunity to make state than this upcoming years team.
Who are the goalies going to be this year? Seems like losing Meyers will hurt quite a bit...
observer

Post by observer »

Hey Sue,

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but right now you appear to be the bigger baby between the two of you. Kind of a goofy response to his relatively tame post. Must be that time of month for you. It's a little early for forecasting (injuries, new players, defections, etc.) but I'll side with rwl, not about Benilde being better next year than this, but, Benilde is one and done in Section playoffs.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

observer wrote:...but, Benilde is one and done in Section playoffs.
Are you saying they'll lose their first section game even though they should be heavily favored? I would agree that winning the section will be an uphill battle, but with their talent level they should at least make it to the semi's.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

sioux wrote:
russiawithlove wrote:well to be honest, bsm's upcoming season doesnt mean anything becasue they wont get past eden prairie or wayzata, the following year is when BSM will have a legit shot at state. BSM goal probably for this year is to wi 20 games, thats my guess
You got some stones!

At what point did you become the know all and end all of Minnesota High School Hockey? For you to say that a upcomming season means nothing for a team is completely moronic. Last year people couldn't get on the Tonka Fan Bus quick enough, and they eventually lost. So for you to forecast that a highly talented team such as BSM is participating for "nothing" shows your knowledge and relivence pertaining to the game or even this discussion.

Do not continue to waste everyones time by posting your thoughts on here. We all know how you feel about private schools. Maybe if you would have put as much effort into you game you wouldn't have got cut as a senior at BSM after being a fourth line JV dragger for two to three years. Thus, the jealousy and ill contempt you have for the school and the hockey program.

Grow up.
"highly talented" is a stretch....
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

observer wrote:Hey Sue,

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but right now you appear to be the bigger baby between the two of you. Kind of a goofy response to his relatively tame post. Must be that time of month for you. It's a little early for forecasting (injuries, new players, defections, etc.) but I'll side with rwl, not about Benilde being better next year than this, but, Benilde is one and done in Section playoffs.
Couldn't have said it better myself, that seemed like an incredible overreaction.
Always celly hard.
knowitall

Post by knowitall »

How can he transfer as a junior without sitting out a year?
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

change of address into benilde's school distrcit.
knowitall

Post by knowitall »

I didnt think private schools had a school district to move into.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

they do
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

What is the district for a private.
AimHigh

Post by AimHigh »

old goalie85 wrote:What is the district for a private.
Anywhere other than the recruit's current district. 8)
summer

Post by summer »

russiawithlove wrote:i dont think you are understanding my point, he will not be the big man on the team anymore, he will be at best a 2nd or 3rd line player at benilde based on all the players they have coming back. The last couple of years benilde has had junior transfers on the team that have both played fourth line or even jv, he may be good at red wing, but he may not get the time of day at benilde
Jake is having a good season, one of the top scorers in the metro! I believe being a good player on a weak team, you should be even better at a strong one. You may have tougher competition, but you have better teamates, you don't have to overcome them like you do on a poor team, and the other teams can't focus only on you.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Top scorers in the metro? he's sixth on his team. Kid is a nice player but just one of hundreds in the metro.
Farmland

Post by Farmland »

can someone remind me again about transfer rules in MNSHSL?

I know if you transfer public to public you can't play varsity for one year unless you move to that district.

How about if you move public to private? Must you wait one year?

thanks
jackstraw

?

Post by jackstraw »

The kid has 14 points, call it what you want. It probably was a good move based solely on the fact that it gave him an automatic into Elite I. He never would have had a tryout if he had stayed in Red Wing.
bstarr15

Post by bstarr15 »

farmland, You are correct on the transfer issue unless their is a change in residency(move). It's the same for public to private but I think that the family moved for dad's work??? and so the year wait didn't apply.
observer

Post by observer »

It probably was a good move based solely on the fact that it gave him an automatic into Elite I.
Totally undeserved. 21 games and 6 points. Fewest points on the team among players that skated the entire schedule. Not an Elite player. He's skating with some very good linemates though.
Minnpuck27

Post by Minnpuck27 »

observer wrote:
It probably was a good move based solely on the fact that it gave him an automatic into Elite I.
Totally undeserved. 21 games and 6 points. Fewest points on the team among players that skated the entire schedule. Not an Elite player. He's skating with some very good linemates though.
Points aren't everything. He deserved it
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

sioux wrote:
russiawithlove wrote:well to be honest, bsm's upcoming season doesnt mean anything becasue they wont get past eden prairie or wayzata, the following year is when BSM will have a legit shot at state. BSM goal probably for this year is to wi 20 games, thats my guess
You got some stones!

At what point did you become the know all and end all of Minnesota High School Hockey? For you to say that a upcomming season means nothing for a team is completely moronic. Last year people couldn't get on the Tonka Fan Bus quick enough, and they eventually lost. So for you to forecast that a highly talented team such as BSM is participating for "nothing" shows your knowledge and relivence pertaining to the game or even this discussion.

Do not continue to waste everyones time by posting your thoughts on here. We all know how you feel about private schools. Maybe if you would have put as much effort into you game you wouldn't have got cut as a senior at BSM after being a fourth line JV dragger for two to three years. Thus, the jealousy and ill contempt you have for the school and the hockey program.

Grow up.
You must be a Crying Sue fan. Lighten up Francis :roll:
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

For the record, IMO parents who move their kids to a school just to play hockey are nuts. There is more to life and chances are they will not play beyond HS.
mnhockey30

Post by mnhockey30 »

Don't know if this was answered was too bored to read through everything does this mean he will be on the team for the rest of this season? or will it be starting next season
Minnpuck27

Post by Minnpuck27 »

mnhockey30 wrote:Don't know if this was answered was too bored to read through everything does this mean he will be on the team for the rest of this season? or will it be starting next season
He is playing this year
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Did he deserve it more than Luc Gerdes or the Rath brothers? How about Max Smith or Scott Nelson...or Nate Flynn and Austin Nelson? I could go on and on, with no disrespect towards Jake I think he got a pretty good deal.
terrymoore1717

Post by terrymoore1717 »

Jake is having a strong year for BSM right now. His combination of skill and physical presence is a real asset to the team. (my kid's team, full disclosure)

With 21 goals (38 pts) last year, Jake certainly earned his spot in the Elite League.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

In the interest of fairness its not right to single out one player in an entire league and claim he didn't deserve to play in the elite league. Having said that, do you think, based on his stats thus far this year, he would be selected next fall? Anyone who plays in the league as an underclassman is automatically in the following season. I hope he has a great year!