Dornbach to Coach 2002 Blades!

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

terrymoore17

Dornbach to Coach 2002 Blades!

Post by terrymoore17 »

The Minnesota Blades will begin tryouts for our 2002 team in July.

The first session is Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:30-7 PM at St. Louis Park Arena (East Arena) 3700 Monterey Dr., St. Louis Park, MN 55416.

To register, go to www.minnesotablades.com and click the "tryouts" button.

If you or someone you know is 2002 Blades material, please let them know about this tryout. Thanks very much.

The Minnesota Blades are a 501(c) non-profit organization.
Last edited by terrymoore17 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O-townClown

Cool, save a spot for my kid in case we move back!

Post by O-townClown »

Ben Tucker, or Andy?
Be kind. Rewind.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

Who are the Blades? I don't think I've seen them mentioned on this board before.........
HockeyGuy81

Post by HockeyGuy81 »

HockeyDad41 wrote:Who are the Blades? I don't think I've seen them mentioned on this board before.........
Certainly never by you
areaman

Re: 2002 Minnesota Blades Tryouts coming up

Post by areaman »

terrymoore17 wrote:The Minnesota Blades will begin tryouts for our 2002 team in July.

The first session is Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:30-7 PM at St. Louis Park Arena (East Arena) 3700 Monterey Dr., St. Louis Park, MN 55416.

To register, go to www.minnesotablades.com and click the "tryouts" button.

We are pleased that our 2002 head coach is Mike Wurst, who played for Ohio State University and was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs. Assistant coaches include Ben Hankinson (NJ Devils) and Ben Tucker.

If you or someone you know is 2002 Blades material, please let them know about this tryout. Thanks very much.

The Minnesota Blades are a 501(c) non-profit organization.
I'm sorry, I believe that's THE Ohio State University.
terrymoore17

Post by terrymoore17 »

Yes-Andy Tucker.
no-fly-bys

Post by no-fly-bys »

02"s the tryouts may be past his bed time.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

How can people tell if their '02 is blades material? Are they shiney? :D
High Off The Glass

Post by High Off The Glass »

HockeyDad41 wrote:How can people tell if their '02 is blades material? Are they shiney? :D
No, the blades kids are the one's with a halo above their heads.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

So then how do people tell if their kids are Machine material? :D
High Off The Glass

Post by High Off The Glass »

HockeyDad41 wrote:So then how do people tell if their kids are Machine material? :D
I'll take the bait. The ones with the little orange horns coming out of their heads and they look like this :twisted:

HD11-Yes I'm being sarcastic
GreatOne99

Post by GreatOne99 »

High Off The Glass wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:So then how do people tell if their kids are Machine material? :D
I'll take the bait. The ones with the little orange horns coming out of their heads and they look like this :twisted:

Finally a little humor :lol:
Anklebeater

Post by Anklebeater »

High Off The Glass wrote:

If the kid likes cool aide, give him a tryout!!!!
terrymoore17

Post by terrymoore17 »

We already have a coaching change. Mike Wurst, previously announced, is now unable to coach the team for personal reasons.

The Minnesota Blades are proud to announce that Greg Dornbach has accepted the position as Head Coach for the 2002 team. Dornbach is a former Division I and professional player who has made his mark in youth hockey as a coach for the last ten years with Edina and the 97 Blades. He is currently head coach for the Edina Bantam A team, after seven years as Squirt A coach. He is also co-head coach of the 1997 Blades.

Dornbach will also keep his position as co-head coach of the 97 Blades. Together with Lance Pitlick, Troy Jutting and Terry Zimmer, he has helped build that team into one of the strongest 97 teams in North America. The 97 Blades were Brick Finalists in 2007 and Toronto Prospects Finalists in 2008, and have won numerous championships around North America in the last four years. Dornbach and Pitlick will return to The Brick together with 2001 team next year and with the 2002 team.

Tryouts for the 2002 Blades begin July 13, 2010. Details and registration are at www.minnesotablades.com.

A great staff of assistants, with both D1 and NHL experience, will help Dornbach mold the 2002s. We wish Mike the best.
council member retired

Post by council member retired »

congrats, a great teacher of the game. I would be thrilled to have a child learn under his guidance.
The Huge Hook

Post by The Huge Hook »

terrymoore17 wrote:We already have a coaching change. Mike Wurst, previously announced, is now unable to coach the team for personal reasons.

The Minnesota Blades are proud to announce that Greg Dornbach has accepted the position as Head Coach for the 2002 team. Dornbach is a former Division I and professional player who has made his mark in youth hockey as a coach for the last ten years with Edina and the 97 Blades. He is currently head coach for the Edina Bantam A team, after seven years as Squirt A coach. He is also co-head coach of the 1997 Blades.

Dornbach will also keep his position as co-head coach of the 97 Blades. Together with Lance Pitlick, Troy Jutting and Terry Zimmer, he has helped build that team into one of the strongest 97 teams in North America. The 97 Blades were Brick Finalists in 2007 and Toronto Prospects Finalists in 2008, and have won numerous championships around North America in the last four years. Dornbach and Pitlick will return to The Brick together with 2001 team next year and with the 2002 team.

Tryouts for the 2002 Blades begin July 13, 2010. Details and registration are at www.minnesotablades.com.

A great staff of assistants, with both D1 and NHL experience, will help Dornbach mold the 2002s. We wish Mike the best.
Isn't Mike Wurst now coaching the '02 Machine???? How'd that happen????
Pepper Johnson

Dornback is great coach

Post by Pepper Johnson »

If you have a chance to be coached by Greg Dornbach don't pass it up!
He is one of the best guys and coaches at the youth level hands down. I have seen the work he has done with his teams from Blades to his Edina teams. Skip the Machine and get a compleat hockey experence. Look at the older Blades teams, great skills and can SEE the ice unlike the Machine team, they skate great (Better then the Blades) but have a few kids that don't want to pass the puck and are treated better then the rest of the team. If the kids played like the [u]Machine of old [/u]they would be the Best!!! But the team is falling apart due to lack of coaching experance and not teaching the kids the finer points of hockey. This will NEVER happen with a Dornback team. 97 Machine has major problems, Start and stay with the MN Blades - have fun and become a great hockey player.
The Huge Hook

Re: Dornback is great coach

Post by The Huge Hook »

Pepper Johnson wrote:If you have a chance to be coached by Greg Dornbach don't pass it up!
He is one of the best guys and coaches at the youth level hands down. I have seen the work he has done with his teams from Blades to his Edina teams. Skip the Machine and get a compleat hockey experence. Look at the older Blades teams, great skills and can SEE the ice unlike the Machine team, they skate great (Better then the Blades) but have a few kids that don't want to pass the puck and are treated better then the rest of the team. If the kids played like the Machine of old they would be the Best!!! But the team is falling apart due to lack of coaching experance and not teaching the kids the finer points of hockey. This will NEVER happen with a Dornback team. 97 Machine has major problems, Start and stay with the MN Blades - have fun and become a great hockey player.
Congrats on a fine 1st post!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

Pepper Johnson wrote:If you have a chance to be coached by Greg Dornbach don't pass it up!
He is one of the best guys and coaches at the youth level hands down. I have seen the work he has done with his teams from Blades to his Edina teams. Skip the Machine and get a compleat hockey experence. Look at the older Blades teams, great skills and can SEE the ice unlike the Machine team, they skate great (Better then the Blades) but have a few kids that don't want to pass the puck and are treated better then the rest of the team. If the kids played like the Machine of old they would be the Best!!! But the team is falling apart due to lack of coaching experance and not teaching the kids the finer points of hockey. This will NEVER happen with a Dornback team. 97 Machine has major problems, Start and stay with the MN Blades - have fun and become a great hockey player.
I will have to roll up my sleaves with this one. Make another pot of coffee, it is going to be a long night.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Great to have Huge back posting.
Be kind. Rewind.
goaliewithfoggedglasses

Post by goaliewithfoggedglasses »

thespellchecker wrote:I will have to roll up my sleaves with this one. Make another pot of coffee, it is going to be a long night.
You better start with your own post - it's sleeves
The Huge Hook

Post by The Huge Hook »

O-townClown wrote:Great to have Huge back posting.
QUIET :lol: :lol: I'm just trying to stir-up some trouble!!! :twisted:
Mo Wanchuk

Post by Mo Wanchuk »

The Huge Hook wrote:
My sources tell me that Dornbach will also be coaching the Boston Bruins, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Real Madrid. Wow! How will he find the time?
The Huge Hook

Post by The Huge Hook »

Mo Wanchuk wrote:
The Huge Hook wrote:
My sources tell me that Dornbach will also be coaching the Boston Bruins, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Real Madrid. Wow! How will he find the time?
Another fine 1st post =D> =D> =D> =D>