Jake O'Borsky of Red Wing to transfer to Benilde

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

breakout

Re: Jake O'Borsky of Red Wing to transfer to Benilde

Post by breakout »

Good to see Pauly and the Red Knights landing a good Irish Catholic player :wink:
DannyCalifornia

Post by DannyCalifornia »

Why is this news?
Kids are transferring all the time for one reason or another, and for it to posted on Hockey Hub is a joke. Way to go guys. :roll:
russiawithlove

Post by russiawithlove »

that is a joke, how does a kid transferring to a high school make the news, im sorry thats pathetic. once again, bsm leading the way in recruiting transfers, they have had some on the team every single year it seems like. :shock:
pondpucker13

Post by pondpucker13 »

DannyCalifornia wrote:Why is this news?
Kids are transferring all the time for one reason or another, and for it to posted on Hockey Hub is a joke. Way to go guys. :roll:
Hmm, a high school hockey news site post a story about a good player transferring. You're right, they have no business posting this... :roll:
I get older they stay the same age, alright alright
jackstraw

?

Post by jackstraw »

Maybe he can blend in there just like he did at Red Wing?
russiawithlove

Post by russiawithlove »

to be honest i dont know why he would go there, there team is pretty much set already, the best he could play is 2nd line but probably 3rd. Then after this frustrating season he has, he will go back to red wing
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

because he is moving and wants to play on a good team?

this really is not that hard to figure out
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
russiawithlove

Post by russiawithlove »

i dont think you are understanding my point, he will not be the big man on the team anymore, he will be at best a 2nd or 3rd line player at benilde based on all the players they have coming back. The last couple of years benilde has had junior transfers on the team that have both played fourth line or even jv, he may be good at red wing, but he may not get the time of day at benilde
DannyCalifornia

Post by DannyCalifornia »

pondpucker13 wrote:
Hmm, a high school hockey news site post a story about a good player transferring. You're right, they have no business posting this... :roll:

Your right.....hopefully hockey hub starts posting stories of every kid, good or bad, that is transferring for one reason or another.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

DannyCalifornia wrote:
pondpucker13 wrote:

Your right.....hopefully hockey hub starts posting stories of every kid, good or bad, that is transferring for one reason or another.
You act like there 50+ major transfers every summer. If Basil Sampair leaving HM to play (or not) at WBL can make the forum then I think you can handle a decently important story making Hockey Hub in the OFF SEASON.
The board is slow in the summer, so thanks to the poster of this story for giving us something to read and possibly at some point, when all of the whiners leave, to discuss.

Seriously, cynicism doesn't make you a cool or funny person. It makes you a jerk.
Always celly hard.
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

I read the thread first and the article second, and i'm even more disgusted with the whiners!

Oh he's a junior next year?

He couldn't possibly get even better by his senior year! That's unheard of! :roll:
Always celly hard.
mngopherfan

Post by mngopherfan »

russiawithlove wrote:i dont think you are understanding my point, he will not be the big man on the team anymore, he will be at best a 2nd or 3rd line player at benilde based on all the players they have coming back. The last couple of years benilde has had junior transfers on the team that have both played fourth line or even jv, he may be good at red wing, but he may not get the time of day at benilde
He'll play on the top 2 lines without a doubt. They aren't as stacked up front as they are on the blueline.
observer

Post by observer »

Most of the privates, other than Hill-Murray, have a difficult year ahead. Oborsky is a good player and Benilde can certainly use him. The large publics will dominate this coming season.
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

mngopherfan wrote:
russiawithlove wrote:i dont think you are understanding my point, he will not be the big man on the team anymore, he will be at best a 2nd or 3rd line player at benilde based on all the players they have coming back. The last couple of years benilde has had junior transfers on the team that have both played fourth line or even jv, he may be good at red wing, but he may not get the time of day at benilde
He'll play on the top 2 lines without a doubt. They aren't as stacked up front as they are on the blueline.
I agree Gopherfan he will be a solid contributor. I have watched him play quite a bit and he brings physical size and skills that should fit right in with what BSM needs up front. With Nelson graduating, the returning players and pipeline were lacking a physical presence (6'1" or 6'2" and 180+) to fill that hole and also put some pucks in the net. A nice addition to what will be a solid team in 10-11.

Russiawithlove, why so negative on BSM and their staff (not only on this post, but on past posts on other threads)? I have never seen any indication of recruiting at BSM that you allege. BSM made it a mission of theirs earlier in this decade to commit to both academic and athletic excellence. As a result, they have strong sports teams (not just hockey) which attract student athletes.
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

SWPrez wrote:
mngopherfan wrote:
I agree Gopherfan he will be a solid contributor. I have watched him play quite a bit and he brings physical size and skills that should fit right in with what BSM needs up front. With Nelson graduating, the returning players and pipeline were lacking a physical presence (6'1" or 6'2" and 180+) to fill that hole and also put some pucks in the net. A nice addition to what will be a solid team in 10-11.

Russiawithlove, why so negative on BSM and their staff (not only on this post, but on past posts on other threads)? I have never seen any indication of recruiting at BSM that you allege. BSM made it a mission of theirs earlier in this decade to commit to both academic and athletic excellence. As a result, they have strong sports teams (not just hockey) which attract student athletes.
I agree, most of the student athletes I've ever met from BSM are atleast B average or above, and usually pretty genuine kids.
Always celly hard.
russiawithlove

Post by russiawithlove »

u guys obviously dont know what bsm has up front. their first line is set with steinhauser, horn, and besse, 2nd line has lobosky, moore, and maybe a senior or somebody, he will be 2nd line if he is lucky. on d they have daly and horton, another senior and 2 others, their team is pretty much set already
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

Wow, you're nuts.

Oborsky makes Labosky and Moore look like PeeWees. And, he's better than Besse. Maybe first line with Steiny and Horn. Frankly, I'm not sure your choices are even in the top 6.
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

Night Train wrote:Wow, you're nuts.

Oborsky makes Labosky and Moore look like PeeWees. And, he's better than Besse. Maybe first line with Steiny and Horn. Frankly, I'm not sure your choices are even in the top 6.
Every player mentioned brings something to the game. Grant it Oborsky has the size over both of these players, but each player contributes in a different manner. To say he is better than Besse I probably wouldn't go to that extent
sioux

Post by sioux »

russiawithlove wrote:that is a joke, how does a kid transferring to a high school make the news, im sorry thats pathetic. once again, bsm leading the way in recruiting transfers, they have had some on the team every single year it seems like. :shock:
Well, as a private school with no youth association to feed the HS team, wouldnt every player who ever participated at BSM be a recruit? Top end players like to play for top end programs and on top end teams. If associations and HS teams are tired of loosing star athletes, fix your own product and players will not be forced to leave for greener pastures.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

sioux wrote:
russiawithlove wrote:that is a joke, how does a kid transferring to a high school make the news, im sorry thats pathetic. once again, bsm leading the way in recruiting transfers, they have had some on the team every single year it seems like. :shock:
Well, as a private school with no youth association to feed the HS team, wouldnt every player who ever participated at BSM be a recruit? Top end players like to play for top end programs and on top end teams. If associations and HS teams are tired of loosing star athletes, fix your own product and players will not be forced to leave for greener pastures.
I imagine all the other AA schools are having a difficult time sleeping at night worried about that team! :roll:
russiawithlove

Post by russiawithlove »

well to be honest, bsm's upcoming season doesnt mean anything becasue they wont get past eden prairie or wayzata, the following year is when BSM will have a legit shot at state. BSM goal probably for this year is to wi 20 games, thats my guess
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

russiawithlove wrote:well to be honest, bsm's upcoming season doesnt mean anything becasue they wont get past eden prairie or wayzata, the following year is when BSM will have a legit shot at state. BSM goal probably for this year is to wi 20 games, thats my guess
I disagree Russiaw/luv. BSM will be deep enough this year at all positions to be an upset threat at regionals. Yes, they still are a younger team than the two you mention, but most of the youth have garnered some varsity time and they have as many or more Advanced 15,16, 17s (as well as national camp) players as the teams you mentioned. Upsets do happen at playoff time and this team, if they stay healthy, should be about as good as any to pull off a surprising playoff run.
sioux

Post by sioux »

russiawithlove wrote:well to be honest, bsm's upcoming season doesnt mean anything becasue they wont get past eden prairie or wayzata, the following year is when BSM will have a legit shot at state. BSM goal probably for this year is to wi 20 games, thats my guess
You got some stones!

At what point did you become the know all and end all of Minnesota High School Hockey? For you to say that a upcomming season means nothing for a team is completely moronic. Last year people couldn't get on the Tonka Fan Bus quick enough, and they eventually lost. So for you to forecast that a highly talented team such as BSM is participating for "nothing" shows your knowledge and relivence pertaining to the game or even this discussion.

Do not continue to waste everyones time by posting your thoughts on here. We all know how you feel about private schools. Maybe if you would have put as much effort into you game you wouldn't have got cut as a senior at BSM after being a fourth line JV dragger for two to three years. Thus, the jealousy and ill contempt you have for the school and the hockey program.

Grow up.
russiawithlove

Post by russiawithlove »

first off, 2 lines of forwards is not very deep, they have some depth at D though. Also, BSM's team will not have more than probably 4 seniors on it and teams with little leadership do not make state at the AA level. My first point was trying to say that the 2011-2012 team will have a much better opprotunity to make state than this upcoming years team.