6A Final Alexandria vs Sartell

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins 6A???

Alexandria
82%
Sartell
18%

Total votes: 22

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Alex 4-2eng
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

Stealth wrote:sartell 4
alex 2
Doubtful

Alex by 1
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Anyone have a link?
Teak

Post by Teak »

MNHockey75 wrote:Anyone have a link?
Try this: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/0305-boys-hockey
Ken Dryden

Post by Ken Dryden »

Good Job Cards!!

Kind of expected...slow start by Alex but got a goal on their first shot. Lumbered around with a one goal lead until Sartell scored to tie. That lit a fire under them and they started to pull away.

Sloppy game though. Lots of loose pucks and Alex always seemed to pick them up. The cards speed and stickhandling made the difference

Murphy outplayed the Sartell goalie. He doesn't look like much, but he is getting the job done. Great Job!

Good luck at the X...noone can take the experience away from you!
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

Well a good win for the cards, but i would just like to congratulate the sartell team. Played a very tough game, didnt get chippy in the end and was all around a solid effort by them.
scarface

Post by scarface »

Congrats to the Cards!! Finally a trip to the State after running into LF the past few years. Will be interesting to see who they draw in the seedings but it is an uphill battle from here!

Good luck Boys
Ken Dryden

Post by Ken Dryden »

BTW...the MAC is one of the worst places to watch a hockey game I have been. Not a bad facility, just no atmosphere, you are stuck behind the glass with no sightlines.

Oh well...the X will be better! :P
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

I agree with you Ken, the Mac absolutly sucks for watching hockey games like that. Why dont they move it to NHC? I remember going there when Moorhead was playing either Roseau or Tech in the 8AA finals and that was always a blast, and honestly with the crowds that 6A has been drawing for the finals recently I think it would make a much better atmosphere.....maybe its just me
Last edited by snakedude11 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

snakedude11 wrote:I agree with you Ken, the Mac absolutly sucks for watching hockey games like that. Why dont they move it to NSC? I remember going there when Moorhead was playing either Roseau or Tech in the 8AA finals and that was always a blast, and honestly with the crowds that 6A has been drawing for the finals recently I think it would make a much better atmosphere.....maybe its just me
You mean the NHC (National Hockey Center) right?
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

haha whoops yeah your right, thanks for noticing that one, so yes the National Hockey Center. I know there was discussion on here last year when it was Small Falls and Alex in the final, I mean thats pretty sad when you have to turn fans away from a high school playoff game because it sold out, especially when the NHC is what 5 minutes away from the Mac......
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

snakedude11 wrote:haha whoops yeah your right, thanks for noticing that one, so yes the National Hockey Center. I know there was discussion on here last year when it was Small Falls and Alex in the final, I mean thats pretty sad when you have to turn fans away from a high school playoff game because it sold out, especially when the NHC is what 5 minutes away from the Mac......
Ya, there were tons of people outside the arena last year. I think I waited in line inside the MAC for at least an hour and a half. After I heard that they turned fans away, I was astonished that they wouldn't have it somewhere that could hold more people, and a enjoyable atmosphere.

Though good luck to Alex, Hopefully you can come up with a W~
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
TuckerMax93

Post by TuckerMax93 »

Careful what you wish for.

This years final only sold 2000 tickets. Put that in the NHC and you have nothing more than a morgue.
We're here. We're there. We're everywhere.
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

TuckerMax93 wrote:Careful what you wish for.

This years final only sold 2000 tickets. Put that in the NHC and you have nothing more than a morgue.

It was LIMITED at that.
:roll:
TuckerMax93

Post by TuckerMax93 »

Stealth wrote:
TuckerMax93 wrote:Careful what you wish for.

It was LIMITED at that.
:roll:
It was limited at 2500.
We're here. We're there. We're everywhere.
Ken Dryden

Post by Ken Dryden »

I would rather have a good seat in a half empty nice arena than a crappy seat in a packed poor venue. How many people stayed home because of the rink and the thoughts of not getting a ticket??

Anyway, I was not saying the rink was too small...just that it is not set up right.
ice hacker

Post by ice hacker »

Alexandria truly showed how week section 6A was this year.
gaborik

Post by gaborik »

ice hacker wrote:Alexandria truly showed how week section 6A was this year.
WEAK*
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

Next year 6A will be even weaker with Sartell and Alex losing a good number of seniors. Same as Fergus.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

deucereppin wrote:Next year 6A will be even weaker with Sartell and Alex losing a good number of seniors. Same as Fergus.
Prepare for the resurgence of Little Falls. Flyers in 2011!!!!
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

Mite-dad wrote:
deucereppin wrote:Next year 6A will be even weaker with Sartell and Alex losing a good number of seniors. Same as Fergus.
Prepare for the resurgence of Little Falls. Flyers in 2011!!!!
We will see what the future will hold for all teams in the section. It was a good year for LF to gain experience with their young squad.
Red ice sells hockey tickets.