roseville vs mounds view game

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mnhocfan

roseville vs mounds view game

Post by mnhocfan »

I see mounds view came out with the win. What happened?
livin' in the 651

Re: roseville vs mounds view game

Post by livin' in the 651 »

mnhocfan wrote:I see mounds view came out with the win. What happened?
MV outworked them. Roseville outshot them, but the MV goalie played well. With Capistrant out, Roseville is not as dangerous - only one line threatens to score. MV matched lines well and kept Brausen and co. in check. A total team win.
hockeywild7

Post by hockeywild7 »

Not sure how you get outshot 35-14 and say you outworked a team. Why was Capistrant out?
Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother »

hockeywild7 wrote:Not sure how you get outshot 35-14 and say you outworked a team. Why was Capistrant out?
I don't know what game you were watching if you think Roseville got outworked. Moundsviews goalie played very well, period. As for Capistrant, she's been out the last four games with a groin injury.
hockeywild7

Post by hockeywild7 »

I am agreeing with you. Livin in the 651 was saying MV outworked roseville. I said I don't see how you can say MV outworked roseville when MV got outshot so bad. Seems to me Roseville outworked MV but goaltending came up big.
livin' in the 651

hockeywild7 wrote:I am agreeing with you. Livin in the 651 was saying MV outworked roseville. I said I don't see how you can say MV outworked roseville when MV got outshot so bad. Seems to me Roseville outworked MV but goaltending came up big.
I'm saying that MV outworked them based on the comment from a Roseville parent. They has friends at the game that had not seen either team play and they commented that MV played with more urgency and played harder than Roseville. I agree with that assessment.

The MV goalie played well and made some very good saves. Roseville also shot a number pucks right into her.
Melvin44

Post by Melvin44 »

I also can't believe roseville got out worked. Sorry MV fans. Sometimes teams get the bounces and breaks and on any given night strange things happen.

Heard Roseville was also without D Witwicke who I think would make a big difference. Very good player. Very strong Defensively and key player on the PP.

I do want to give MV credit and congrats. They got it done! That shows a lot of heart!!!
Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother »

livin' in the 651 wrote:
hockeywild7 wrote:I am agreeing with you. Livin in the 651 was saying MV outworked roseville. I said I don't see how you can say MV outworked roseville when MV got outshot so bad. Seems to me Roseville outworked MV but goaltending came up big.
I'm saying that MV outworked them based on the comment from a Roseville parent. They has friends at the game that had not seen either team play and they commented that MV played with more urgency and played harder than Roseville. I agree with that assessment.

The MV goalie played well and made some very good saves. Roseville also shot a number pucks right into her.
I may agree with you on the poor shooting choices, but sense of urgency I'm going to dispute. The whole game seemed to be played in one end. How many icing calls were there, just to relieve pressure? All night long MV just dumped the puck. I give MV credit, they capitalized on some mistakes made by Roseville, it proved to be the difference.
brookyone

Post by brookyone »

Melvin44 wrote:I do want to give MV credit and congrats. They got it done! That shows a lot of heart!!!
Me too! Way to go Mustangs...it's alright seeing the top teams taking their licks once in awhile. Definitely makes the season and the SEC more interesting. Now if someone could hand WBL a couple losses.
livin' in the 651

Melvin44 wrote:I also can't believe roseville got out worked. Sorry MV fans. Sometimes teams get the bounces and breaks and on any given night strange things happen.

Heard Roseville was also without D Witwicke who I think would make a big difference. Very good player. Very strong Defensively and key player on the PP.

I do want to give MV credit and congrats. They got it done! That shows a lot of heart!!!
Witwicke played the whole game.
Melvin44

Post by Melvin44 »

livin' in the 651 wrote:
Melvin44 wrote:I also can't believe roseville got out worked. Sorry MV fans. Sometimes teams get the bounces and breaks and on any given night strange things happen.

Witwicke played the whole game.
You're right. She was hurt during the game. Sorry.