Tuesday, December 8 scores, updates (and cancellations!)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

sinbin006 wrote:Two Harbors - 0
Hermantown - 8

Final

Shots: 71-5 Hermantown

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/game_sheet/403753
Sounds like a good, competitive hockey game.
HOUNDS
PowerForward25

Post by PowerForward25 »

Lucia4President wrote:
sinbin006 wrote:Two Harbors - 0
Hermantown - 8

Final

Shots: 71-5 Hermantown

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/game_sheet/403753
Sounds like a good, competitive hockey game.
:lol:
Now don't take this personally but....
hockeygirl34

Post by hockeygirl34 »

Anybody know the score of the I Falls-Eveleth/Gilbert game?
qbtobe7

Post by qbtobe7 »

eastside hockey wrote:Maybe if some of the senoirs were benched for a few games and the younger JV players given a chance to steal away there roster spot, the motivation would come back.
You and I both know that calling up some people from a bad junior varsity team isn't going to help solve any problems for Woodbury.
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

Ashland (WI) - 0
Marshall School of Duluth - 12

Final
PowerForward25

Post by PowerForward25 »

qbtobe7 wrote:
eastside hockey wrote:Maybe if some of the senoirs were benched for a few games and the younger JV players given a chance to steal away there roster spot, the motivation would come back.
You and I both know that calling up some people from a bad junior varsity team isn't going to help solve any problems for Woodbury.
Bolin has to start working his magic. There is an obvious schism within that team that needs to be fixed.
Last edited by PowerForward25 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now don't take this personally but....
Hit the net kid

Post by Hit the net kid »

At the BSM HILL game it's a good one 2-2 6:22 left in the third. Not Saying just Saying.
qbtobe7

Post by qbtobe7 »

PowerForward25 wrote:
qbtobe7 wrote:
Bolin has to start working his magic. But there is an obvious schism within that team that needs to be fixed.
I don't necessarily think there is a schism (most of these guys are good friends), I just think that this is a classic case of a team being overconfident and thinking all they have to do to win is show up. You would've thought the Minnetonka game would have opened their eyes, but apparently not. Let's sure hope they'll be able to turn things around Thursday against Park.
EMTEEW

Post by EMTEEW »

hockeygirl34 wrote:Anybody know the score of the I Falls-Eveleth/Gilbert game?
Falls 16-0 Final
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

Proctor - 2
Cloquet - 10

Final
eastside hockey

Post by eastside hockey »

qbtobe7 wrote:
PowerForward25 wrote:
qbtobe7 wrote:You and I both know that calling up some people from a bad junior varsity team isn't going to help solve any problems for Woodbury.
Bolin has to start working his magic. But there is an obvious schism within that team that needs to be fixed.
I don't necessarily think there is a schism (most of these guys are good friends), I just think that this is a classic case of a team being overconfident and thinking all they have to do to win is show up. You would've thought the Minnetonka game would have opened their eyes, but apparently not. Let's sure hope they'll be able to turn things around Thursday against Park.
That could be a large part of it. the team has shown short glimpses of the team play they are capable of. I dont think a victory over Park will go very far to show a vast improvement. The closest game that will measure this will come in the Holiday tourney. if they want to prove they belong in the rankings, they will have to make a statement there.
hockeyman84

Post by hockeyman84 »

Armstrong-3
St. Louis Park-2

SLP goals from Petit and Smith. Brodersen with 2 assists both SLP goals came late in the third after going down 3-0.
brandy38

Post by brandy38 »

eastside hockey wrote:
qbtobe7 wrote:
PowerForward25 wrote: Bolin has to start working his magic. But there is an obvious schism within that team that needs to be fixed.
That could be a large part of it. the team has shown short glimpses of the team play they are capable of. I dont think a victory over Park will go very far to show a vast improvement. The closest game that will measure this will come in the Holiday tourney. if they want to prove they belong in the rankings, they will have to make a statement there.
Disappointment: That's the word that came to mind when I saw the score. I didn't think that Woodbury would win, but a 4-1 loss coupled with a lazy effort (as one previous poster wrote) really stings. I think that Woodbury was supposed to carry the banner this year for the East Metro public schools. All the rest of them are down for the time being, maybe except for Centennial. Even so, I think that this team has more talent than the team that won Consolation at state two seasons ago. Looks like little respect will be shown to east metro teams this year unless the Royals can pick it up in the SLP tournament later this month, but that looks like a much taller order after tonight's loss.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

hockeyman84 wrote:Armstrong-3
St. Louis Park-2

SLP goals from Petit and Smith. Brodersen with 2 assists both SLP goals came late in the third after going down 3-0.
Wow, Armstrong has really fallen.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Slap Shot wrote:
St. Louis Park-2

They've lost a number of their best players to private schools over the past 5 years. Some of the better ones include Kent Patterson (to Blake and now with the Gophers), Pat Borer (to BSM, now with Sioux City and going to Nebraska-Omaha), Mike Morin (Breck senior) and Christian Horn (BSM junior). With lower numbers in their youth program, these departures hurt their high school a lot more than schools like Wayzata and Minnetonka, which have a lot more depth.
puck81

Post by puck81 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
St. Louis Park-2

They've lost a number of their best players to private schools over the past 5 years. Some of the better ones include Kent Patterson (to Blake and now with the Gophers), Pat Borer (to BSM, now with Sioux City and going to Nebraska-Omaha), Mike Morin (Breck senior) and Christian Horn (BSM junior). With lower numbers in their youth program, these departures hurt their high school a lot more than schools like Wayzata and Minnetonka, which have a lot more depth.
Armstrong High School never had "their best players" because they never belonged to Armstrong High School in the first place. Just because a player lives in that 'government school district" does NOT mean they belong to that "government school district". As of now it is still a free country. Government run school's DO NOT own the rights to any player. Period.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

puck81 wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:They've lost a number of their best players to private schools over the past 5 years. Some of the better ones include Kent Patterson (to Blake and now with the Gophers), Pat Borer (to BSM, now with Sioux City and going to Nebraska-Omaha), Mike Morin (Breck senior) and Christian Horn (BSM junior). With lower numbers in their youth program, these departures hurt their high school a lot more than schools like Wayzata and Minnetonka, which have a lot more depth.
Armstrong High School never had "their best players" because they never belonged to Armstrong High School in the first place. Just because a player lives in that 'government school district" does NOT mean they belong to that "government school district". As of now it is still a free country. Government run school's DO NOT own the rights to any player. Period.
I did not mean to imply that these players "belonged" to anybody. Believe me, I'm as big of a supporter of school choice as anyone. 'Nuff said.
goalie30

Woodbury

Post by goalie30 »

Woodbury is a talented team but I believe it also has a lot of players that played on the same Bantam A team a few years ago. I think they lost only 1 or 2 games in the District 8 regular season and then finished a disappointing 4th in the district playoff and did not make regions. That team was supposed to contend for the Bantam State Championship but fell far short. Seems like they could not win when it counted.

That was a long time ago and now they are more mature (hopefully) and have a much better coach. But it looks like this particular group of players still has issues with the big games.
east hockey
Site Admin

Missing scores

Post by east hockey »

Still missing the following:

Becker/Big Lake at Webster (Wi)
Chaska at Cambridge
Ely at Fort Frances (Ont)
Redwood Valley at Waconia

If anyone has scores or cancellation notices for these, it'd be appreciated. Thanks!

Lee

[edit: Found out all four games were postponed or cancelled]
Last edited by east hockey on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Black Ice

Post by Black Ice »

Chaska @ Cambridge PPD
Redwood Valley @ Waconia PPD
newmexicohockey

Post by newmexicohockey »

eastside hockey wrote:Edina 4

Woodbury 1

FINAL

Very close game up until the Mid 3rd when 16 lazy Seniors showed up for Woodbury again. Alot of individual talent going to waste on this team. Karl was right in saying that they have to show they can win in the big games. Hopefully Wes Bolin can figure out how to motivate them to play the way they are capable of. If not, it will be a short sectional playoff for them. Maybe if some of the senoirs were benched for a few games and the younger JV players given a chance to steal away there roster spot, the motivation would come back. Edina was not impressive at all. The goal tender is awful. a High % of all the shots he stopped resulted in Dangerous rebounds. A team who follows there shots and crashes the net hard should far outscore Edina. poor performances IMO by two overrated teams. :|
16 seniors on the team?! whats up with that?
Good Will Hunting

Post by Good Will Hunting »

Blake 3
Totino Grace 1
newmexicohockey

Post by newmexicohockey »

PowerForward25 wrote:
qbtobe7 wrote:
Bolin has to start working his magic. There is an obvious schism within that team that needs to be fixed.
With a team plump full of seniors this year, and a "bad junior varsity team" this year, Bolin will need more than his "magic" for next year!