Which team looks good next year? JGA

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

KodiakWint40

Which team looks good next year? JGA

Post by KodiakWint40 »

Just curious whos looking like the top teams for next year in JGA?
Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap »

That's the best thing about jr gold, you don't know until the season begins. A lot can happen in the next 8 months...
hockeyfan510

Post by hockeyfan510 »

Minnetonka, Wayzata, Edina, White Bear Lake and Eden Praire are pretty much in the hunt every year.
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

wayzata will have a very young team next year. they are losing at least ten seniors. it will be interesting to see how they do next year.
blueblood

Mermaid

Post by blueblood »

Were both JGA goalies seniors this season?

How many skaters are returning on Wayzata JGA for next season?
patrick star

Post by patrick star »

one was a junior #33 and probably i think there may only be 3 or 4 returners
Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 »

Not to be biased but Duluth is only losing 4 kids, none of which was a goalie.
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.
downwithcloquet

Post by downwithcloquet »

Duluth 4 wrote:Not to be biased but Duluth is only losing 4 kids, none of which was a goalie.
The entire first line or just 4th line people?
sickdangles14

Post by sickdangles14 »

I think Moorhead should be pretty good next year. They kept there top 2 points leaders from last season and the only real losses are one or two defense one forward and a goalie. If we can get a decent goalie then we should be right up their with the best of them next season...
blueblood

top JGA teams for 09-10

Post by blueblood »

Based on Jr Gold B results, I would think the following teams would decent going into next season:

Wayzata
Edina
WBL

Other teams that should do well include:

Wessy's was young this year and returns a good nucleus and both goalies from their state team. Their B team had a good record this year.

Champlin Park was dominant at U-16. They could be decent.

Tonka returns 5 players and a goalie from their state team. With only 4 openings on the MHS varsity, they should have quite a few ex-Jv'ers next season and have around 12 to 14 seniors on their team if they all decide to play.

The early tournaments at Duluth and Tonka in December should be a good indicator of the teams that should contend.
Mr.Penalty

Post by Mr.Penalty »

wbl jga team will have many former jv hockey players on their team.
aceinthehole

Re: top JGA teams for 09-10

Post by aceinthehole »

blueblood wrote:Based on Jr Gold B results, I would think the following teams would decent going into next season:

Wayzata
Edina
WBL

Wessy's was young this year and returns a good nucleus and both goalies from their state team. Their B team had a good record this year.

Tonka returns 5 players and a goalie from their state team. With only 4 openings on the MHS varsity, they should have quite a few ex-Jv'ers next season and have around 12 to 14 seniors on their team if they all decide to play.

The early tournaments at Duluth and Tonka in December should be a good indicator of the teams that should contend.

yeah champlin park just inherited two varsity players from totino grace last year two and an assitant captain from champlin park varsity!
wildthing

JGA Top 8 pre season

Post by wildthing »

1) WBL
2) EP
3)Edina
4) Wayz.
5)Tonka
6) Centennial- I may have them low- they came on strong last year
7) Wesseys Boys
8) Burnsville
blueblood

JGA Pre-season top 10

Post by blueblood »

1 - EDINA
2 - WAYZATA
3 - TONKA
4 - WESSY BOYS
5 - WBL
6 - CHAMPLIN PARK
7 - EP
8 - BURNSVILLE
9 - JEFFERSON
10- DULUTH
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Jefferson will not be fielding any JG teams this year to my understanding . It's gonna be strange not seeing the boy's in baby blue this year . Metro league is losing a great coaching staff and program .
wildthing

Post by wildthing »

So where will the Bloomington kids be playing? They had a competitive JGA team last year , one of the few to knock off EP...How do they go from competitive to nothing???????
T-Train24

Post by T-Train24 »

St. Louis Park Junior Gold should be in the hunt with one of the best defenseman in the state, Carter Rodman, on the blue line. Also a strong forward line will overpower goalies.
BlaineJGA

Post by BlaineJGA »

T-Train24 wrote:St. Louis Park Junior Gold should be in the hunt with one of the best defenseman in the state, Carter Rodman, on the blue line. Also a strong forward line will overpower goalies.
If he is one of the best defenseman in the state why is he playing Junior Gold A and not Varsity. I highly doubt he is one of the best. He may be good but if he was the best then he wouldnt be playing Junior Gold. Also don't think your team is all that great just because you have the name Benilde with the st.louis park
T-Train24

Post by T-Train24 »

BlaineJGA wrote:
T-Train24 wrote:St. Louis Park Junior Gold should be in the hunt with one of the best defenseman in the state, Carter Rodman, on the blue line. Also a strong forward line will overpower goalies.
If he is one of the best defenseman in the state why is he playing Junior Gold A and not Varsity. I highly doubt he is one of the best. He may be good but if he was the best then he wouldnt be playing Junior Gold. Also don't think your team is all that great just because you have the name Benilde with the st.louis park
k joke, but anyways were not bsm were supposed to just be park and hows blaine lookin this year?
Better get off the tracks the T-Trains comin
BlaineJGA

Post by BlaineJGA »

T-Train24 wrote:
BlaineJGA wrote:
k joke, but anyways were not bsm were supposed to just be park and hows blaine lookin this year?
We will have to wait and see. I put no perdictions out about my team so you can put em out yourself. We have our first game against OMG tomorrow. I can't say we are good can't say we are bad. But I will not say before I have seen them play against another team that they are going to win state. So as of now we will have to see and time will tell.
Mermaid Man

Re: top JGA teams for 09-10

Post by Mermaid Man »

aceinthehole wrote:
blueblood wrote:Based on Jr Gold B results, I would think the following teams would decent going into next season:

Wayzata
Edina
WBL

yeah champlin park just inherited two varsity players from totino grace last year two and an assitant captain from champlin park varsity!
Champlin park is going to have be a smarter team and get some of their fair play points or they arent going anywhere this year.
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

WBL has a lot of talent but still probably not as good as last years team when they had Villneauve, Wood, Carson and Jansen.