FARGO PREDICTIONS

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SmallTownBigStick

Tigers sched

Post by SmallTownBigStick »

It's on their website. I believe 645 VS mtka on Frid at Farmington and 8am St louis park Sun vs (Edina) in the coined "shared prac". Game ON! :twisted:

http://farmington.pucksystems2.com/page/show/4466
play4fun

Post by play4fun »

It should be a great tournament, but my money would be on the Grand Forks Blues. They won the championship last year at the B level.

Their same group of kids returns this year, undefeated so far, including a win over the 98 Fire.

I've seen the GF Blues play over the course of a couple of years and in my opinion, while they don't have the most individually talented kids, they are certainly one of the best coached teams.

Good luck to all the kids.
crw

Post by crw »

play4fun wrote:It should be a great tournament, but my money would be on the Grand Forks Blues. They won the championship last year at the B level.

Their same group of kids returns this year, undefeated so far, including a win over the 98 Fire.

I've seen the GF Blues play over the course of a couple of years and in my opinion, while they don't have the most individually talented kids, they are certainly one of the best coached teams.

Is the Grand Forks Blues in the A bracket the B team from last years Championship? I see they have an A and B team in this tourney..
play4fun

Post by play4fun »

Yes, this year's GFB A team was the B team from last year's championship.
crw

Post by crw »

play4fun wrote:It should be a great tournament, but my money would be on the Grand Forks Blues. They won the championship last year at the B level.

According to their league standings they are not undefeatd...actually 23-5-2 with 201 goals for and 86 goals against with 2 shutouts..Which is it???
crw

Post by crw »

According to the game results on the Grand Forks Blues Squirt A website they have losses to Fargo Flyers 8-5, Thief River Falls 8-3,. Minnetonka 7-2 and Moorehead 4-3...So it looks as though they are not undefeated as someone previously stated...

Which proves the point thats why they play the games.....there are alot of teams this year that can beat anyone in this tournament if they get on a roll and play their game.....good luck to all, see ya next week.........
crw

Post by crw »

GF Blues Squirt A Record

Teams: GP W L T GF GA SO
vs Park River 1 1 0 0 14 0 1
vs Fargo Flyers A 3 2 1 0 20 11 0
vs Red Lake Falls 1 1 0 0 9 3 0
vs Crookston 3 3 0 0 31 6 0
vs E Grand Forks 3 2 0 1 18 10 1
vs Bemidji 1 1 0 0 5 2 0
vs Fargo Angels 2 2 0 0 18 4 0
vs Thief River 2 1 1 0 7 11 0
vs Hastings MN 1 1 0 0 11 1 0
vs GF Supras A 2 1 0 1 10 5 0
vs Bismarck 1 1 0 0 4 3 0
vs Moorhead Squirt A 1 0 1 0 3 4 0
vs Winnipeg Lasers 1 1 0 0 8 3 0
vs River East Royals 2 2 0 0 14 3 0
vs Minnetonka 1 0 1 0 2 7 0
vs Garden City Rangers 2 2 0 0 16 3 0
vs Buffalo 1 0 1 0 2 8 0
vs Fort Gary Thunder 1 1 0 0 7 1 0
vs Wisconsin Fire 1 1 0 0 2 1 0

I do believe that the loss to Buffalo was actually a win and the score is backwards

Legend:
GP - Games Played W - Wins L - Losses T - Ties PTS - Points earned GF - Goals For GA - Goals Against PCT - Winning Percentage SO - Shutouts

Divisions:
| Mighty Mites | Squirt A | Squirt Red | Mites |
play4fun

Post by play4fun »

CRW,

You are correct on their complete schedule. My bad. :oops:

I simply went by what their coach said about their tournament record. I unintentionally exagerated. Good catch.
flattop

Post by flattop »

Knowing this about the Blues makes the bottom bracket ever stronger. Appears Fargo knew what they were doing when they loaded the bottom brackets. This should keep Bigstick smiling till the semis.
hockey talkie

Post by hockey talkie »

Too bad they wouldn't let the Fire in on this tournament. I'm sure those boys would love another shot at the Blues. I'm sure other teams would like another shot at the Fire too. Everybody loses when you don't let a team in.
goinbardown

Post by goinbardown »

hockey talkie wrote:Too bad they wouldn't let the Fire in on this tournament. I'm sure those boys would love another shot at the Blues. I'm sure other teams would like another shot at the Fire too. Everybody loses when you don't let a team in.
If they want to play, go play for your association.
hockey talkie

Post by hockey talkie »

Fortunately for them, they had another CHOICE! Going bar down, you miss the whole point and are always looking for trouble or writing angry things about a group of 10 year old boys. ??????
goinbardown

Post by goinbardown »

hockey talkie wrote:Fortunately for them, they had another CHOICE! Going bar down, you miss the whole point and are always looking for trouble or writing angry things about a group of 10 year old boys. ??????
I have no problem with the Fire. All I'm saying is that if they wanted to play in the tournament, I'm sure all of there home associations are going.

I'm not against club hockey if that is what offered but I'm not gonna give sympathy to an all star team.
stupidiswhatstupiddoes

Post by stupidiswhatstupiddoes »

hockey talkie wrote:Fortunately for them, they had another CHOICE! Going bar down, you miss the whole point and are always looking for trouble or writing angry things about a group of 10 year old boys. ??????
What I find really ironic about Hockey Talkie is here She is being almighty and pure about negative posts regarding 10 yr. old youth hockey but when you look back at Her other posts She calls the Blades performance at The Brick "dismal" - sounds like you are fully capable of writing about Angry things about 10 yr old boys. I know the end result in regards to wins and losses may not be up to your standards but the effort those kids put forth during that weekend was anything but "dismal".

You obviously have some negative feelings towards other 10 yr old AAA hockey programs by reading some of the other stuff you have posted. By the sounds of your posts it doesn't sound like the Blades or Icemen can compete with your Machine squad anyway so maybe you can release some of your anger and let the 10 yr old boys go out and play each other and figure it out on the ice if it is really that important to you.

Ma'am, I hope you have fun at Minnesota Made this summer - oh, if the "dismal" Blades or "unimpressive" Icemen 10 year old kids do happen to get really lucky and beat your Machine team I would really like to be there to watch it.

PS: not too hard to narrow down who you are either knowing you have made it known you are a Machine and Fire mom.
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

How did the trny officials allow the Green Bay JR Gamblers in the trny, yet not the Fire? Isn't GB team in the same tier 1 league as the Fire?
goinbardown

Post by goinbardown »

trippedovertheblueline wrote:How did the trny officials allow the Green Bay JR Gamblers in the trny, yet not the Fire? Isn't GB team in the same tier 1 league as the Fire?
If I had to guess, Green Bay only has club hockey.
lightningrod

Post by lightningrod »

Tripp - they probably let the GB Gamblers in because THEY LIKE THEM! Or maybe it's because their parents aren't hung up trying to build their kids' resumes by counting the number of points they score or their total number of wins or how many first place tournament prizes they win. DAMN they are GOOD!

I share goinbardown's opinion - not against teams like the Fire but don't have any sympathy when they cry about not being allowed to participate in a tourney. Like goinbardown said if you want to participate go play association hockey. If you want to pay more for travel than the actual cost of ice time - play for for the Fire and zip it when you don't get to play in an association tourney. In my opinion the Fire should only play teams like GB or the JR Blues. Isn't that what they want anyway? To play against teams of similar ability with a similar talent pool?

Here's an idea - I think the Fire should play with themselves <insert your own joke here>! You know - just have their first line scrimmage their second and third lines and make sure to keep track of the individual goals and assists. It would be a great resume builder for all those kids and they'll have some impressive numbers to pass along to all those college scouts that I am sure have been following them around the upper mid-west for the last four months![/quote]
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

goinbardown wrote:
trippedovertheblueline wrote:How did the trny officials allow the Green Bay JR Gamblers in the trny, yet not the Fire? Isn't GB team in the same tier 1 league as the Fire?
It appears not :

North East Wisconsin Junior Gamblers

Tier I AAA

Hockey Association

The Jr. Gambler Association is dedicated to developing elite-level hockey players of high moral character. We challenge our players and coaches to stretch their talents to reach their highest potential.
goinbardown

Post by goinbardown »

trippedovertheblueline wrote:
goinbardown wrote:
It appears not :

North East Wisconsin Junior Gamblers

Tier I AAA

Hockey Association

The Jr. Gambler Association is dedicated to developing elite-level hockey players of high moral character. We challenge our players and coaches to stretch their talents to reach their highest potential.
You are correct.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

goinbardown wrote:
I have no problem with the Fire. All I'm saying is that if they wanted to play in the tournament, I'm sure all of there home associations are going.

I'm not against club hockey if that is what offered but I'm not gonna give sympathy to an all star team.
Isn't that what A teams from large associations like Edina and Wayzata are? The Fire are no more an "All-Star" team than than either of those two teams.
JoeBoy

Post by JoeBoy »

muckandgrind wrote:
goinbardown wrote:

Isn't that what A teams from large associations like Edina and Wayzata are? The Fire are no more an "All-Star" team than than either of those two teams.
oh boy here we go again :roll: 1 has boundries and defined talent pool the other does not. And by the way I dont care cause I doubt my kid will ever get the opportunity to play for either one and Im ok with that.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

JoeBoy wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
goinbardown wrote: I have no problem with the Fire. All I'm saying is that if they wanted to play in the tournament, I'm sure all of there home associations are going.

oh boy here we go again :roll: 1 has boundries and defined talent pool the other does not. And by the way I dont care cause I doubt my kid will ever get the opportunity to play for either one and Im ok with that.
Sure, one has boundaries, but they also have 7-10 times the number of players in their "defined" pool than do 80 - 90% of other associations in this state. People need to quit pretending that associations in MN Hockey play on an even playing field. The Fire offer kids from the smaller associations a chance to play with other players of similar ability, something the talented Wayzata and Edina players already benefit from.

I see no reason why they should be barred from participating in tournaments as long as they are USA Hockey certified. I have seen teams like Russel-Stover out of Kansas City play in local tournaments and somebody else mentioned the Jr. Gamblers out of Green Bay.

Like you, my boys don't play in a large association nor do they play for the Fire...buy my opinion is based on principal, not whether or not it affects me personally.
crw

Post by crw »

muckandgrind wrote:
goinbardown wrote:

Wrong........the difference is the larger associations so-called all star team(A team) are all from the same city/association....your other teams like the fire aren't even all from the same city/association/or in some cases the same state...
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

crw wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
goinbardown wrote: I have no problem with the Fire. All I'm saying is that if they wanted to play in the tournament, I'm sure all of there home associations are going.

Wrong........the difference is the larger associations so-called all star team(A team) are all from the same city/association....your other teams like the fire aren't even all from the same city/association/or in some cases the same state...
I've already addressed that in the post above yours. My opinion stands, Edina and Wayzata A teams are "All Star" teams. They choose their top 15 out of 150-175 players, while most others choose their best 15 from 50-75 players (and in many other assocations, their pool is even smaller than 50 kids).
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

The original premise of the 98 Fire was to try and keep the 98 Machine team together. Some of the of the Machine kids opted to stay with their association and then the team was filled in with Deuce type players and the token 4 from Wisconsin. The small association factor doesn't come into play with this team because the majority of the kids are from your bigger associations ie Lakeville, Wayzata, Prior Lake etc.