#3 Duluth East VS #4 Centennial 12/16

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win?

Centennial
49%
Duluth East
51%

Total votes: 69

King of the Pond

#3 Duluth East VS #4 Centennial 12/16

Post by King of the Pond »

This is a huge game between 2 of the best teams in the state. It will also be broadcast on fsn. Whos gonna win this?!
Last edited by King of the Pond on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Shot

Post by Penalty Shot »

Should be a barn burner. Both teams have explosive forwards and solid D. East's goalie is good. I dont know much about Centennails goal keeper. cant wait to see this one.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Two good teams, should come down to goal tending and team D.
dynamicD

Post by dynamicD »

Plain and simple, which ever team is the most physical in this game will win...I'm gonna go with the northern boys

Duluth East 4
Centennial 2
Teak

Post by Teak »

Aren't you jumping the gun a little early with this poll? Duluth East plays Minnetonka tomorrow, right? Or have you written off 'Tonka?

Teak
:roll:
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Teak wrote:Aren't you jumping the gun a little early with this poll? Duluth East plays Minnetonka tomorrow, right? Or have you written off 'Tonka?

Teak
:roll:
Unless you consider the results of the Tonka-East game essential to judging what East's performance vs. Centennial will be, no.

And the new LPH ratings are due out tomorrow morning and will not change on account of the Minnetonka game.

Anyways, this appears to be East's hardest game of the year (in terms of opposition talent, at least). Should be a great one to watch.
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

East-2
Cent-1

Will be a great matchup
"Nothing Runs like a Greyhound"
The Best 4th Liner

Post by The Best 4th Liner »

I have only seen the cougars a couple times but the Little Aus kid has been impressive.
"Two minutes well worth it."
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

East can beat Cent they just have to stay out of the penalty box if they can do that and have Cooper play good like he has east will win....hands down
MNRinkRat

Game

Post by MNRinkRat »

Should be a great game, cant' wait to watch.

I'm taking Centennial in this one. No particular score.
Let's Play Hockey
JV State Champs

Post by JV State Champs »

East-4
Cougars-3

In an overtime thriller.
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Well I have to throw my vote in for the Cougars!! Even though East Ds & their Goalie have been solid so far this year. I still don't think that East will be able to hold the cougars from finding the back of the net. If East can find a way to stay out of the penalty box it may be a different story.

Cougars - 3
East - 1
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

5-2 East!!!
218-to-State

Post by 218-to-State »

4-2 Centenial, Pitlick impressd me a lot during scrimmages up in MHD, but thats all I have seen of him. Thinking Easts' goalie will have a bad game.
WastedPotential

Post by WastedPotential »

If Centennial plays with heart, they can pull this one off...
san yo assassin

Post by san yo assassin »

I also like East in this one, they own duluth area this year
mnhock92

Post by mnhock92 »

Centennial needs to stay out of the penalty box but it seems like they have a tough time doing that.

Was Riley Colvard on Centennial's team last year?
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Calling it right now. East plays well, but not well enough. Centennial goes home a victor with a 5-3 win...
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

As much of a homer that I am and want to say Centennial, I think Duluth East may win this. The best chance the Cougars have in winning this is by staying out of the penalty box. In three games, the Cougars have racked up 59 penalty minutes. 25 min vs Roseville, 22 min vs Coon Rapids and 12 min vs Champlin Park!
Blaine 2000 State Champs
Centennial 2004 State Champs
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

DoubleDeuce wrote:As much of a homer that I am and want to say Centennial, I think Duluth East may win this. The best chance the Cougars have in winning this is by staying out of the penalty box. In three games, the Cougars have racked up 59 penalty minutes. 25 min vs Roseville, 22 min vs Coon Rapids and 12 min vs Champlin Park!
It sounds as though both teams are having the same problem (staying out of the penalty box!).

As a footnote, East has been penalized for 74 minutes in their first three games.

Lee
Last edited by east hockey on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
the dangsnipe

Post by the dangsnipe »

Both of these teams must be getting penalized for being too physical and too big because everyone is aware both of these teams have strong defence and I am sure they both dominate in their defensive zone. I have watched a few games for Minnetonka and Edina and the refs like to call penalties when someone gets hit too hard its pretty ridiculous. Hopefully they will let these two teams play since I am guessing they are both very physical.
King of the Pond

Post by King of the Pond »

mnhock92 wrote:Centennial needs to stay out of the penalty box but it seems like they have a tough time doing that.

Was Riley Colvard on Centennial's team last year?
No he wasnt. Hes only a sophomore, and he was on the A Bantam team last year.
northhockey23

Post by northhockey23 »

Should be a great game to watch, I like east only if they cant stay out of the box. otherwise cent-5 east-4
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

East 3, Centennial 0. :shock:
HOUNDS
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

Im glad FSN picked up this game 2 of the best teams in the state going head to head cant wait to watch this...