TV Observation

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Warroad97

Post by Warroad97 »

It has gone way down hill over the years. This is without any question the greatest State Tourney in the USA and yet the tv coverage of it is killing the fun. Why cant they go over Phils past once and let it go, tell me how these teams did coming up. Tell me little facts about the kids playing. I completely agree the program on tv needs to be changed because the product on the ice is amazing. Maybe as much as I hate to say it Gorg and FSN need to get involved in this, bring it back to when the tv viewing was alot more fun
ndhockeyrep

Post by ndhockeyrep »

Gorg at least shows excitement and Lapanta has been following hs hockey all year round.
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

Warroad97 wrote:It has gone way down hill over the years. This is without any question the greatest State Tourney in the USA and yet the tv coverage of it is killing the fun. Why cant they go over Phils past once and let it go, tell me how these teams did coming up. Tell me little facts about the kids playing. I completely agree the program on tv needs to be changed because the product on the ice is amazing. Maybe as much as I hate to say it Gorg and FSN need to get involved in this, bring it back to when the tv viewing was alot more fun
Bingo post. Right on the money here.
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
hawkyfan

Post by hawkyfan »

Yes, definitely give this tourney to FSN!!! They would do an awesome job with it and I believe they would make it way more exciting like it USED to be! This is the most boring tourney I've watched yet and we are only on day 2! These commentators suck!
murraychadwick

Post by murraychadwick »

Did anyone catch the SSP commentator (palmquist?) mention what an overtime win can do not only for the BSM team, but the entire community? :oops:
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

FSN regular season games are alot more interesting. Lapanta and Gorg put these guys too shame. They have better insight, and Lapanta finds stats on teams that they don't even know. Hopefully something can be done because so far it has been brutal.
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

hawkyfan wrote:Yes, definitely give this tourney to FSN!!! They would do an awesome job with it and I believe they would make it way more exciting like it USED to be! This is the most boring tourney I've watched yet and we are only on day 2! These commentators suck!
I think a lot of us on here would love to see this. With the bigger pulling power of FSN North in the state, they'd be able to do more with the tournament than KSTC probably could. What this really comes down to is money. Don't the state TV stations have to bid for the rights every few years? I thought that was the case, but I could be wrong. That may exclude FSN from the process then.
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
islesskater

Post by islesskater »

...the bad news is KSTC has it locked up through 2015
shins

Post by shins »

Nothing can compare to those school music videos!!!!

I remember the year that "Thunderstruck" came out and I think all 8 teams in the tourney used it for their music vid.
Cabela10

Post by Cabela10 »

When I made it to the state tournament back in the late 90's, we all had to fill out a sheet of paper with our interests, favorite foods, what you do in your spare time, all this wierd sorta stuff that they would talk about on air. I don't see this stuff happening anymore. They never talk about anything other than Housley saying, "He's offensive for a defensemen" or something stupid like that.