How didn't marshall get the #1 seed?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

oshie

How didn't marshall get the #1 seed?

Post by oshie »

How didn't Marshall get the #1 seed?
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE
oshie

Post by oshie »

THEY BEAT ST. THOMAS 8-2 HOW DIDN'T THEY GET SEEDED ABOVE ST. THOMAS?
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

oshie wrote:THEY BEAT ST. THOMAS 8-2 HOW DIDN'T THEY GET SEEDED ABOVE ST. THOMAS?
One game doesn't make a season. They had more quality wins.
The U invented swagger.
ColdasIce

Post by ColdasIce »

oshie wrote:THEY BEAT ST. THOMAS 8-2 HOW DIDN'T THEY GET SEEDED ABOVE ST. THOMAS?
Marshall got exactly what they deserved, they are not nearly as good as in the past, and will not beat St. Thomas again. What I saw at the game against Hibbing was a lucky team led by a kid who never played traveling hockey. Their big guns didn't show and they won't win the A title. Good seeding choice.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Who was the kid who didnt play traveling hockey? I seen Jaques got the game winner
defense

How didn't Marshal get the #1 seed????

Post by defense »

Well Marshal is not in the State Tournement. DuLuth Marshal didn't get the #1 seed because they didn't get enough votes...... :wink:
snapdog

Post by snapdog »

ColdasIce wrote:
Marshall got exactly what they deserved, they are not nearly as good as in the past, and will not beat St. Thomas again. What I saw at the game against Hibbing was a lucky team led by a kid who never played traveling hockey. Their big guns didn't show and they won't win the A title. Good seeding choice.
I live 20 miles from Duluth Marshall and have no stake or no real team to root for. I just love great hockey. The one thing I did do this season is see as much great hockey as I could. This DM team in my own opinion has no weaknesses. They have 3 really strong lines. They move the puck out of there defensive zone better and more easily than any other team I saw this year, and I saw a lot of great teams including Edina. There goaltending is also strong with 2 of them. I know I would not bet my house against them unless I wanted to live in a tar paper shack. If DM is firing on all cylinders like I have seen a few times this season then I want to see a better Class A team. If I do that would be awesome! P.S. I think the #2 seeding they got will only inspire this team more.
Do I have to shadow Pavelich again coach?
wbmd

Re: How didn't marshall get the #1 seed?

Post by wbmd »

oshie wrote:How didn't Marshall get the #1 seed?
Does it really matter? No it doesn't. If you want to be State Champions, you have to beat any team you play in the State Tournament.
snapdog

Post by snapdog »

wbmd wrote:
Does it really matter? No it doesn't. If you want to be State Champions, you have to beat any team you play in the State Tournament.
Correct
Do I have to shadow Pavelich again coach?
formerallstar

Post by formerallstar »

They didn't get enough votes...........thats my guess.....I might be wrong
'07 STATE CONTEST WINNER
'07 COLLEGE TOURNEY WINNER
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Its not ike it matters, everyone knew which 4 teams were gonna be seeded, so the only thing the seedings effected were what times the teams played at.
TGO99

Post by TGO99 »

really are u that scared of the scarlets
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

That's not the only thing it affected. There are 3 clear top team. When there are 3 top teams it affects who gets an easier semifinal game AND (maybe most importantly) what color jersey you wear in which games 8)

Last year Hermantown getting the #1 seed with their joke schedule and didn't have to play a tough team until the final. Cathedral's been up and down this season. St Thomas and Roseau could possibly not have a tough game til the final this year.
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

If you're wondering that because they beat STA, you should really be asking why Warroad didn't get the #1 seed. Sure, DM beat STA 8-2. But Warroad beat Cathedral and DM, so by your logic Warroad should really be the #1 seed.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
hshckfan08

Post by hshckfan08 »

TGO99 wrote:really are u that scared of the scarlets
Getting the 1 seed wouldnt have necessarily changed that.
hustla17

Post by hustla17 »

Well it doesn't matter they pretty much got a great draw they play litchfield first round they are an under 500 team.
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

wbmd wrote:
Well said :wink:
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
.Marshall

Post by .Marshall »

HShockeywatcher wrote:That's not the only thing it affected. There are 3 clear top team. When there are 3 top teams it affects who gets an easier semifinal game AND (maybe most importantly) what color jersey you wear in which games 8)

Last year Hermantown getting the #1 seed with their joke schedule and didn't have to play a tough team until the final. Cathedral's been up and down this season. St Thomas and Roseau could possibly not have a tough game til the final this year.
Little Falls was up 3-2 on em at the end of the second, im just guessing that was a tough team for them?
STAte Champs

Post by STAte Champs »

Well I think the coaches meeting to vote on the seedings knew what they were doing and gave the seedings appropriately. Marshall did toss STA around pretty good this year at STA but I don't think that game deserves DM to be the #1 seed. The senior captain defensmen Mergens was out during that game which didn't help. Not to say it would have been any different but STA had trouble getting it out their defensive zone that game and he would have helped. Nonetheless that game obviously didn't alter the coaches thoughts when they were seeding... If DM deserved the #1 seed they would have earned it
mch

Post by mch »

ColdasIce wrote:
i completely agree
7A22A

Post by 7A22A »

mch wrote:
ColdasIce wrote:
i completely agree
:roll:
Everyone has the right to be wrong.
oshie

Post by oshie »

That doesn't mean anything that he didn't play "A" hockey!! This is the present time this will now be his third highschool state tournement! that has to say something doesn't it? Anyways everybody developes at a differnt time he just developed later he is great hardworking hockey player thats all that matters! :D
gruntcall

Post by gruntcall »

u'll see on wed. because West has no chance to beat DM, just like they had no chance against AL or the Catholics. :roll:
pondyplayer93

Post by pondyplayer93 »

They'll finish this year with a championship............. of the consolation bracket
Hill-Murray
St. Thomas
2008 Champs