The Tim Brewster Era

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Ski-U- MUCK
fighting all who rob or plunder
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Wheelwright will make a great catch than the next ball will bounce off his facemask, he's been that way for for a while now.

Bowling Green was picked to finish 5th in their 7 team division of the MAC, even if they returned many starters - they didn't - they weren't very good.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Anybody have a car they need to sell? I think I know someone who could hawk it for you...

The most egregious thing to me is that the Gophers didn't show up until the second half. It's great they made the adjustments but isn't it a coach's job to get his team prepared to play?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

ChrisK wrote:Anybody have a car they need to sell? I think I know someone who could hawk it for you...

The most egregious thing to me is that the Gophers didn't show up until the second half. It's great they made the adjustments but isn't it a coach's job to get his team prepared to play?
Generally, yes. But I'd be willing to at least acknowledge that for a guy who has had no head coaching experience at any level, he may have been a little shellshocked in the first half, but did a nice job of getting the house back in order for the 2nd half... just don't let it happen again. :D :wink:
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

did the game already start?
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

They lost.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
breakout

Post by breakout »

I am willing to give him a couple of years and see what he can do from a recruiting perspective. College athletics is all about recruiting. The man is a saleman. I think he will get it done.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

The problem breakout is that its hard to sell a losing program no matter how good a salesmen you are.

Its a vicious cycle. No one wants to come here because they cant win and they cat win because no one wants to come here.

I mean , they just lost to a team Ive never heard of in front of 10,000 fans.

Somewhere, Glen the Great, Coach for Life is smiling.
breakout

Post by breakout »

packerboy wrote:The problem breakout is that its hard to sell a losing program no matter how good a salesmen you are.

Its a vicious cycle. No one wants to come here because they cant win and they cat win because no one wants to come here.

I mean , they just lost to a team Ive never heard of in front of 10,000 fans.

Somewhere, Glen the Great, Coach for Life is smiling.

I agree with you. However, the cycle needs to get broken. Ya, I know it's been 40 or so years. For some odd reason, I have faith in the coach.

Any college coach will tell you it comes down to recruiting. Brewster needs the Minnesota high school studs to buy into his vision. That will help with fan base and pointing the program in the right direction. Then push on from there.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

I'll be very curious to see what kind of effect the new stadium will have on recruiting. My best guess is that will have a pretty big effect on recruiting Minnesota kids... it's something new, unique and exciting. Hell, I think TCF Stabium will be the newest stadium in the Big 10 by something like 40 years. I don't think that will mean as much in the south and west where the real big recruits are.

I think they may be able to build some consistency, but I don't know that they'll ever be BCS bowl material on regular basis, but who knows - they may be able to jump into a Rose Bowl scenario every now and then. Hell, didn't Northwestern make it abou 10-12 years ago?!
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

I think thats all people are looking for Govs.
Just some cyclical success.

Maybe go to the Rose Bowl once every 10 years.

No one thinks we can be Michigan. We dont have enough talent in state.

But the belief exist that we can do better than the top of the cycle that Mason established which was basically a return to the Cal Stoll era.

I have my doubts. I am afraid that Brewster will take us back to Geezo Beezo days. We will see.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

I think we can make this thread last longer then the era actually will. :D
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Just give him $5,000,000 to leave and let’s start another fabulous back end contract with somebody else.
Hey how about Mike Tice?
I think on the high end he was only making $500,000 with the VIKES!

Feels like we are hiring Sales man , ones that sell themselves and do a good job at it.
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

Stealth wrote:Just give him $5,000,000 to leave and let’s start another fabulous back end contract with somebody else.
Hey how about Mike Tice?

Feels like we are hiring Sales man , ones that sell themselves and do a good job at it.
isnt he assiant coach in jacksonville?
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

dangla. wrote:
Stealth wrote:Just give him $5,000,000 to leave and let’s start another fabulous back end contract with somebody else.
Hey how about Mike Tice?

isnt he assiant coach in jacksonville?
And what does that have to do with the joke? I swear, you need to think before you type.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls