Hows District 4 looking??

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

soup21

Hows District 4 looking??

Post by soup21 »

who will be the top dogs in this district??
xIcemen1x

Post by xIcemen1x »

Mankato, no doubt!

-"What It Do" 8)
bugsy

Post by bugsy »

I would not count on Mankato being the top Bantam A team in D4 next year. Sure, two years ago they made a state toruney run as PeeWees, but they will have at least three kids off of that team gone for sure this year. 2 kids with Bantam eligibility left opting to play HS as sophomores and 1 of their top kids moving to Iowa. Add in the fact that there are 3 other possibilities moving to HS and you have lost half of the team.
nickel slots

Minnesota Hockey Redistricting Proposal

Post by nickel slots »

Proposed new district alignment...
New District 4
• Fairmont
• Luverne
• Mankato
• Marshall
• Montgomery
• New Ulm
• Redwood Falls
• Sleepy Eye
• St. Peter
• Waseca
• Windom
• Worthington
New District 8
• Cottage Grove
• Eagan
• Farmington
• Hastings
• Inver Grove Heights
• Lakeville
• Rosemount
• So. St. Paul
• West St. Paul
• Woodbury
• Cannon Falls
New District 13
• Albert Lea
• Austin
• Faribault
• New Prague
• Owatonna
• Dodge County
• Northfield
• Red Wing
• Rochester
• LaCrescent
• Winona Area

I guess these will be approved in the June meeting. Are these new districts going to be in effect for 2006/07? If so, Mankato and New Ulm should have an automatic bye into regions... not only for this upcoming season, but for eternity.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
It's all small stuff.
bugsy

Post by bugsy »

Nickel, I know that Mankato is fighting very hard to get out of the new proposed D4. Who wants to stay in the proposed District 4 where very few teams field an A level team. If I were in New Ulm, I would fight like hell also. Also, if these changes are approved, they go into effect for the 2007-2008 season.
havefun09

rochester

Post by havefun09 »

rochester isent in D8 anymore?
cmf

Post by cmf »

This is good for District 8 now the metro teams don't have to drive down to places like Winona and vice versa. :D
bugsy

Post by bugsy »

Do any of you people read. The redistricting that is going on between District 4 and District 8 and creating a new District 13 is just a proposal at this time. If it is voted on and passed it will go into effect for the 2007-2008 season which is 2 YEARS from now. Rochester is still in District 8 so all you metro area teams in District 8 teams will have to drive to places like Rochester and Winona for at least 1 more year
cmf

Post by cmf »

That stinks. :(
nickel slots

Post by nickel slots »

Jeez Bugsy, did the old lady jump right out of bed and onto the menstrual cycle today, or what? :lol:
It's all small stuff.
bugsy

Post by bugsy »

Nickel, no she didn't. In fact it is her birthday today. Just sick of people posting misinformation unlike you who are a wealth of knowledge and bring some useful thoughts and ideas to this Board. Have a nice day amd may you find the slot tonight
soup21

idk

Post by soup21 »

Mankato will have a tough time next year. with 2 defensemen moving up becuase they will be sophmores will not help. also one of the best players and top scorers moving to iowa this summer. then the two kids who led the team in scoring as peewees will most likely be moving up too from lack of players at east. (lost 14 seniors this year). as for me shattuck might be a possibility. the coach talked to my dad at a tournament a few weeks ago and that might be a possibilty. as for peewees moving up drew weber will be the top one. a few B1's from last years bantams will make an impact also. i dont really know wut the goalie situation would be since i havnt seen then in a while.
gabT

Post by gabT »

soup if you dont go to shattuck will you still play bantams or will you make the jump up to high school. i have also heard that another kid will be gone from the bantam team...(Jose?) from what i hear he says that he would rather play JV then with the bantams
soup21

gabt

Post by soup21 »

That is still undecided whether i will play bantams or make the jump to high school. as for jose i heard rumors he was moving up. all i did was laugh. i have no idea wut good that would do but wutever he wants.
jackstraw

Dist.4 A Bantam's

Post by jackstraw »

I don't see a clear favorite in Dist. 4 next year. I think it will be as wide open as last year's race, however none of the top 5 team's will be as good. Goaltending will be a large factor as it alway's is and that edge would maybe go to AL as their goalie got all the load last year. Faribault has been pretty competitive as of late so they might show something although I'm not sure Putrah and his bunch have really improved the player's much. Kato, NP, NU, Far., OW. and AL will hash it out. Owatonna's coach has worked some wonder's the past few year's but I think it might be tougher this year without a stand-out goalie. Wagoner doesn't look like he has developed much and from what I have seen of him this spring he get's very little ice time with the Pred's and see's even less puck touches. Should be a fun year.
gabT

Post by gabT »

owatonna never had a stand out goalie...wabasha(spelling) was ok but he wasnt no Martin Brodeur
jackstraw

owatonna goalie

Post by jackstraw »

You are dead wrong. He was a very good goalie and was a huge part of their 2 trip's to state. There was never a great deal said about this kid and he seem's to be a very humble kid. I watched him on numerous occasion's play very well against better team's. Ask Buffalo or NP about him. It is my guess that he will see varsity time next year.
gabT

Post by gabT »

ok what i meant was that he wasnt very consistent. ive seen him play a lot and some of the games he saves his teams butts but in other games he looks sluggish...like he doesnt really want to be there

but the fact is that he is a good enough goalie to get his team to state 2 years and that is more than the other goalies in D4 can say
hockeykid7

Post by hockeykid7 »

Fbo, Np, & Mankato will battle it out next year. if kato is losing alot to east that will take them out of the race. Fbo has 9 returning players from last yers team and a great group of kids coming up. The varsity coach will not take any bantams up to highschool next year.It will be interesting how it all pans out for next year
jackstraw

Goaltending?

Post by jackstraw »

Goaltending will play a huge role in A Bantam's next year as no body seem's to be very dominant. Albert Lea might have the edge there. I don't see Albert Lea, Owatonna or New Ulm on your list? If you are familiar at all with Dist. 4 A Bantam's, you would know that those team's alway's give you a battle. You say that Far.'s Varsity coach won't ake any bantam's next year? Maybe that is because there are none good enough to play high school. If there was another Seth Helgeson that was bantam eligible he would take him in a heart beat.
nickel slots

Post by nickel slots »

Don't you think they'll have Talmadge up for a cup of coffee??
It's all small stuff.
hockeykid7

Post by hockeykid7 »

Talmadge will most likely play for shattuck next year since he is going to school there. the reason he moved up here is to play for shattuck. and jackstraw lets look at owatonna,nu and AL as a peewee team 2 years ago.Albert Lea didnt even make districts and owatonna was the last seed from the east. so if next year is anything like 2 years agoeither kato,Far, or NP will win it
jackstraw

past and present?

Post by jackstraw »

You are correct about PW's 2 year's ago, so I must ask how relevant that is. Correct me if I am wrong, but this last year's group of Far. bantam's won the Dist. 4 tourney when they were PW's. 2 year's later and minus a Seth H., they were arguably the weakest team at the Dist. 4 tourney that included all A Bantam team's, I think even losing to Redwood Fall's. My point being that thing's can change pretty drastically in 2 year's. I do think Far. will be very competitve this year after a couple of year's on the back burner, my guess at this time would be a 1,2 finish with NP. I just don't see a large gap between team's like has happened in the past. I still think Albert Lea's big strength going into the season will be the fact that their goatender played every minute last year at the A Bantam level. You will find that goaltending at the A Bantam level carries much more weight than at the younger level's.
gabT

Post by gabT »

Talmadge will be attending shattuck but playing for Faribault. thats the last i heard and that was in select 15's