Minnetonka Tournament

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Duluthhockey

Minnetonka Tournament

Post by Duluthhockey »

Who's gonna win? <p></p><i></i>
NPGandyDancer

Re: Minnetonka Tournament

Post by NPGandyDancer »

i attended a game in st. paul involving wayzata...they are real and arguably could handle 3/4ths of the varsity teams throughout the state. maybe it's the numbers, coaching or skater motivation to repeat as state champs, but, their good. <p></p><i></i>
neefnarp

Minnetonka Tournament

Post by neefnarp »

<br>Look for EP to make a statement. Who is Shaw ?? <p></p><i></i>
EpHockey44

Post by EpHockey44 »

Shaw is a private school in Wisconsin and its their Varsity team in the A tourney and their JV team is in the B tourney <p></p><i></i>
Southpaw30

Post by Southpaw30 »

Here is the scoop on the SHAW hockey association (more than you probably wanted to know)<br><br>SHAW is actually S.H.A.W (Southeastern Hockey Association of Wisconsin) (Div 2) Milwaukee <br><br>SHAW has USA Hockey Programs - Initiation thru Bantam Competitive A through D, plus High School Varsity & JV-A<br> <br>S.H.A.W. draws players from the following areas:<br>Wauwatosa <br>West Allis <br>Greenfield <br>Greendale <br>Franklin <br>Hales Corners <br>Oak Creek <br>St. Francis <br>Cudahy <br>South Milwaukee <br>Bay View <br>City of Milwaukee <br>Northern Racine County<br> <br>SHAW plays in something called the Fox Valley High School League <br><br>The Official Site of FVHSL is here but it has not been updated this year - <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://eteamz.active.com/fvhsl/">eteamz ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>FVHSL has a Varsity level and a JV-A level and SHAW has a team playing at both levels <br> <br>SHAW plays conference games against:<br>Varsity North - De Pere, Green Bay, Manitowoc<br>Varsity South - SHAW, Sheboygan, West Bend<br>JV-A North - Marshfield, Green Bay, Marinette, Stevens Point<br>JV-A South - SHAW, Wisconsin Rapids, Fox Valley, De Pere, Kenosha<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
NPGandyDancer

Post by NPGandyDancer »

44. shaw sounds good. what have you heard about them? as good as the trojans from wayzata? <p></p><i></i>
Southpaw30

Early Friday Games

Post by Southpaw30 »

Friday Night early games<br><br>JGA<br>Shaw over Edina 6-1<br>Sioux Falls over EP 5-2 (score??)<br><br>Did D6 get weak all of a sudden or were they looking past their first opponents? <p></p><i></i>
EpHockey44

Re: Early Friday Games

Post by EpHockey44 »

sioux falls beat wayzata not ep...Ep lost to Duluth 3-2 in two OT's but EP should have won <p></p><i></i>
Southpaw30

Post by Southpaw30 »

Friday Night Recap<br><br>Sioux Falls 6 Wayzata 3<br>Tonka 3 Osseo 2<br>Duluth 3 EP 3 OT<br>Shaw 6 Edina 1<br><br>Saturday Games<br><br>Winners<br>SF vs Tonka<br>Duluth vs Shaw<br><br>Consolation<br>Wayz vs Osseo<br>EP vs Edina <p></p><i></i>
NPGandyDancer

Post by NPGandyDancer »

final mtka. tourney scores? who knows/attended the games? <p></p><i></i>
troll21

Post by troll21 »

SHAW over Duluth<br>Sioux Falls over Minnetonka<br>Wayzata 4 Osseo 3<br>EP over Edina<br><br>Championship<br>SHAW v. Sioux Falls<br><br>Third Place<br>Minnetonka v. Duluth<br><br>5th place <br>EP 2 Wayzata 1<br><br>7th<br>Guess: Edina over Osseo <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... troll21</A> at: 12/19/05 12:42 pm<br></i>
EpHockey44

Post by EpHockey44 »

SHAW beat Duluth 6-1 <br>EP beat Edina 3-2 in OT<br><br>Dont know championship or 3rd place game<br><br>Osseo actually beat Edina not sure on the score <p></p><i></i>
duluth17

Post by duluth17 »

SHAW won.<br><br>Minnetonka won. <p></p><i></i>
Duluthhockey

Post by Duluthhockey »

SHAW was unbelievable... no disrespect and i think they would agree they didn't belong in this tournament. They dominated every game and embarassed the teams. It was like if a Junior Varsity team went and played in a Bantam B tourney or something. Duluth stayed in the game through the first period of there game but the speed of SHAW took over as the 11 man team of duluth began to wear out. <p></p><i></i>
NPGandyDancer

Post by NPGandyDancer »

i heard that SHAW had talent and speed. will the minnesota jr. a boys see them again at any point down the road? do they play any minnesota <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>varsity</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> teams? surprised they cleaned up on sioux falls. i saw them play recently in sioux falls...they looked good. <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ttt <p></p><i></i>
Steiny8

Post by Steiny8 »

Just to clear things up, SHAW is not an All-Star team as some would suggest. Hockey in Wisconsin is quite different than it is in Minnesota. Not every schol or city or town has a hockey team. SHAW high school hockey is a lot like Junior Gold A teams. Players who do not make a high school team or choose not to play for their high school try out for the team. No one is cut, there is a JV and Varsity team. SHAW Varstiy plays in a Junior Gold tournament every year. This is the first year they have won one. Last year they played in Moorehead. They beat Eden Prairie, lost to Moorehead, and lost to Blaine. The year before, they played in Duluth and lost in the championship to Wayzata. The Minnetonka tournament was the first they have won in Minnesota. <p></p><i></i>
Southpaw30

Post by Southpaw30 »

Ok, maybe not All-Star, then how about AAA. Thats a lot of territory they draw from. <p></p><i></i>
Steiny8

Post by Steiny8 »

Not really. There is also a AAA program, Wisconsin AAA, that is run out of the Petit Center in Milwaukee. SHAW loses players to a AAA organization and about 10 local High School teams. <p></p><i></i>