who is this patterson kid on the icemen?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

This kid snipes

who is this patterson kid on the icemen?

Post by This kid snipes »

the 92 icemen light it up and get shut down by refs
icemen 8 rockets 0
icemen 8 wisconsin storm 0
icemen 3 appleton wis. 3
icemen 5 chiefs 2 *

*icemen lose do to gay refs kickin coach out of the game, therefore havin to forfit cause they don't have another coach

McCartan, Patterson, Gavin score and others...
GoalScorer99

Patterson kid

Post by GoalScorer99 »

Patterson was on the eden praire team that won state for peewees I believe.
xicemenx24

paterson

Post by xicemenx24 »

paterson was not on the peewee A team this year.
He played B1 bantoms for Eden Praire.
jackstraw

coach

Post by jackstraw »

Perhap's said coach should have shut his mouth?
gotothenet

Icemen coach ........ loses game for them

Post by gotothenet »

Jackstraw ...............ditto on your comment, it seems to be a problem with this coach, seeing how this guy is the most arrogant coach I have seen and not the first time this has happened.

First of all to question a legitemate penalty, (Icemen player kicking a goalies stick out of the way..........duh can you say interference) your team is up 5 - 2 , seven minutes left in the game. Then to keep questioning the call, not put a guy in the box when he get's warned AGAIN.... and yet still refuses to put a player in the box when the ref is counting down from 5 before another bench penalty is assess.........finally sending some one to the box and then throwing the effin himers out before being ejected from the game.........

NOW the one thing I don't understand is why only one coach......oh wait it's the Icemen, they are that good that they only need one coach.........Well it did not work in your favor.............

NOW the best part is the actions of the players after the game, throwin sticks, gloves, slamming sticks........YOU guys need to look no farther then blaming this on your coach, show some class and discipline.......
:oops: :oops: :oops:
skatehardordie

icemen coach

Post by skatehardordie »

this coach have a name or is everyone protecting him for some reason, making all of you complicit in his behavior?
TCoachF

Icemen game

Post by TCoachF »

Net,

That is the most complete response that could have been written. Their coach was waaaayyyy out of line. His arrogance cost his kids a chance, not the refs. We played the next game with the same refs and they did a very good job.

The coach should be suspended by the Icemen program. Why the kids are defending him, I have no idea.

Here is another note to add to the lunacy. Besides the $100s of dollars spent on broken composites by the childish behavior of the Icemen, the coach stole a net pin as he left the ice. I guess that was his mature way of stopping the sport of hockey in the state of Minnesota that day?

Cheers to all coaches and the class most show.....Boo to the ones who think they are basketball coaches.
TCoachF

Coach

Post by TCoachF »

I am not sure of his name but he coached the EP PW-A state champs last year.
Bob Orr

Coach

Post by Bob Orr »

He must be a pretty good coach if he won the State Tournament. I know who he is and I questioned some of the things you wrote in your assessment of what happened in the game. I heard a totally different story. Your not another guy who got cut by the icemen and still sour grapes are you?
goforthebody

Icemen coach

Post by goforthebody »

I really agree that that coach was out of line TcoachF and gotothenet he lost the kids opportunity to get to the ship'. But it also shows how they are coached giving off an attitude after the game is called. :oops:
xIcemen1x

Icemen

Post by xIcemen1x »

This was very unfortunate for the Icemen this weekend. I can tell you that our coach was not out of line at all before getting ejected. He simply asked for the ref to reconsider his call and told the ref to "go fly a kite". There is one major key part that none of you guys have talked about. A few weekends ago in the Meltdown,(5th place game against the Fed's) that same ref called one of our goals off, because the guys in the penalty box let out one of our guys to early, just like on Saturday, even though he did not interfere with the play. Our coach reminded the ref of this and I belive that took control of his ego and wasnt strong enough to admit his mistake and that escaladed into my coach getting ejected. There was no foul language said, untill after he ejected my coach. Also why are you guys accusing our coach of stealing a peg from the net. That is an absurd accusation!!! We did get what we deserved for not having another coach on the bench though, but that is about it.
gotothenet

Re: Coach

Post by gotothenet »

Bob Orr wrote:He must be a pretty good coach if he won the State Tournament. I know who he is and I questioned some of the things you wrote in your assessment of what happened in the game. I heard a totally different story. Your not another guy who got cut by the icemen and still sour grapes are you?
First off you must either play for the Icemen or were coached by Noel Rahn at some point, which shows the arrogance of using a nickname of one of the greatest hockey players in the world which you are NOT.

Second, you "heard" a totally different story, then tell what you "HEARD", if you were not at the game and witnessed first hand then let's hear.

Third, yes I was cut by the Icemen after I slammed my stick on the ice after the game........... :evil:
gotothenet

Re: Icemen

Post by gotothenet »

xIcemen1x wrote: I can tell you that our coach was not out of line at all before getting ejected. He simply asked for the ref to reconsider his call and told the ref to "go fly a kite".

There is one major key part that none of you guys have talked about. A few weekends ago in the Meltdown,

There was no foul language said, untill after he ejected my coach.
Since when does a ref reverse a call on a penalty..... to go "fly a kite" cmon, that is a common phrase............who cares what happened a few weekends ago build a bridge and get over it......
Bob Orr

coach

Post by Bob Orr »

First of all get the story straight. Unless you were on the Cheifs bench, you would have no idea what was said and what happended so quit trying to pretend you know what really happended. Are you really that bored with your life? If you are sitting on this forum all day looking to spark battles you need to go find a life.

For your information, the coach was arguing that the score keeper let the player out of the penalty box earlier then they should have. IT WAS NOT TO OVERTURN THE CALL MISTER KNOW IT ALL!! There were 3-4 players in the box and the keeper let them out when there times were up. However with three players in the box at one time you are NOT suppose to let a player out until there is a whistle. The teams ended up playing 5 on 5 for 30 seconds when it should have been 5 on 3. Lastly, the keeper started the 3rd penalty time clock when that should have not started. The Icemen coach wanted the ref to put a guy back into the box to start and 3rd penlty back to 2:00. The ref did not know the rules thus chose to throw the coach out because he did not want to admit he screwed up!

Now unless you were in either bench you story can hit the road. I hope you have better things to do then sit on this forum and pick fights.

What team did you play for this weekend or are you trying to hids that also?
xIcemen1x

Post by xIcemen1x »

Thank you Mr. Orr! All of these fools don't know what their talking about...
This kid snipes

THE ANSWER TO ALL THIS IS EVERYONE KNOWS THE ICEMEN SHOULDA WON THE PREDS TOURNEY!!!! WE WERE WASTING THE CHIEFS AND WOULD HAVE EASLIY BEAT APPLETON, THEY PALYED HORRIBLE AGAINST THEM AND STILL PULLED OFF A EASY TIE
soup21

trust me

Post by soup21 »

ok i will tell you my side of the story as a player for the icemen. i will let you know i did not break a stick yell swear or anything i sat on the bench until everything got sorted out and shook hands. that is all.

As for what happened the ref has called 3 penalties on the icemen in 15 seconds. i was one of the guys in the box and how it worked was the first penalty was about 1:40 left and mine was put up at 2:00. the cheifs then scored the first player was let out leaving me at about 1:20. when the first guy left that was when the third players penalty started. giving them another 1:20 for a 5-3. about 2 minutes later the same scenerio happened to the chiefs (why he called so many penalties i have no idea for it was not a dirty game at all and the calls were bogus for both teams). however it did not play out the same way for the icemen. all three of the players were somehow let out at the same time or within about 10 seconds of each other. which we all know shouldnt have happened. our coach pointed it out at the next whistle and asked for it to be corrected. his voice was not raised nor was foul language used. the only term he used that has been said on here already was "go fly a kite". the ref though would not say he was wrong and argued it. he gave us a delay of game penalty then our coach continued to confront him. as we have one coach he was kicked out and we forfiet. once the game was over then the bad attitudes slamming sticks and so forth got out of hand. he said he wanted the call to be corrected because we had a goal taken off last tourny for the same reason. a critical goal cutting the lead 3-1 in the third. someone said it was the same ref but i cant remember if it was. the third place game was good but the championship as you all saw wasnt as close as most are(5-0). nothing can be changed not but i thought i would fill you in on what i saw.
Icemen11

Post by Icemen11 »

You tell 'em Soup :D
xicemenx24

Icemen coach

Post by xicemenx24 »

It wasnt the interferance penalty in question. It was the penalty box guys letting out the player who wasnt supposed to be let out until the whistel and them starting the time on the third penalty early. Our coach firstly asked to to fix the mistake and that ref, the same ref that screwed us three weeks ago, told he he wasnt gonna deal with a time issue. Our coach also never swore until afte rhe was ejected. All he said to the ref was go fly a kite. :twisted: :twisted:
Bob Orr

Icemen

Post by Bob Orr »

gotothenet where did you go? Your story does not match up well with the players from the icemen who were actually there. Still sounds like sour grapes on your end. Your credibility went down the drain in a hurry on this site already in your short stint here. Maybe you should think before you talk next time. As the Icemen coach said "Go fly a kite" somewhere else. This is a chat forum that supplies good hockey information not a bunch of made up jealous lies!

:lol: :lol:
TCoachF

Post by TCoachF »

Mr. Orr/ Mr. Icemen,

I am an outside observer who happened to be at the game because of scheduling. I am aware of the situation at the Meltdown because I was there also. I was also a D-3 ref for 10 years.

So lets get all the back-biting out of the way and get the facts down.

The rule states that if a minor official (scorekeeper/clock/penalty box) makes a mistake (letting a player out early for instance), the play is stopped, the error is corrected, and the face-off is done at center ice. No time is to be put back on the clock. The referee made the right call. To bring up a past situation to make it seem like there is a vendetta basically calls the referee dishonest which is a personal attack. BTW, it was not the same refs who did the Meltdown game you are referring to so lets not try to start a conspiracy against the Icemen please.

As for your coaches language, come on. Everyone in the building could hear what he was saying and it wasn't only "go fly a kite".

I have to admit, I was just as bothered by the players reaction in which $100s of your parents hard earned dollars were destroyed over the goal post. My player would be using wood for a very long time over such a situation.

As for the pegs, ask your coach about that one. The referees watched him take one as he left the ice. 2 when the game started. 1 after the coach picked one up. You do the math.

Finally, by asking a kid if he is bitter because he was cut by the Icemen is one of the most cocky/arrogant comments I have ever seen on this board. Lets keep this board open to what it is suppose to be meant for. The sharing of information among hockey people.

I feel very bad for your players because you were kicking the Chiefs badly! Your team deserved to be in the "ship". So, lets be clear here. Your coach was the reason you didn't get to play for it.....Let's put the blame where it should be.......All over 10 seconds on the clock in a game you had in the bag.......Think about it guys.......The end.
Bob Orr

icemen

Post by Bob Orr »

Coach,

Once again get your story straight. The coach did not want time put back on the clock. BTW WHAT he wanted if you were there on either bench was the third penalty to be set at 2:00. The keeper started the 3rd penalty early is what the coach was arguing. He wanted it to start a 5 on 4 for the entire 2:00 minutes. BTW a 6-2 lead in any sport is never safe. Just because the icemen were leading does not mean the ref's should call the game any different.

As far as language ,you have team members in this thread who were actually on the bench saying he did not say anything wrong except for the phrase of "Go fly a kite" Now if you were in court and you were on the jury who would you believe you or the players who were standing right next to the coach?? HUM??Let's think about that one.

Secondly, The peg from the net. Did you actually see the coach take it off the net?? I know you did not because he did not actually steal it. It was one of the players. I will not mention who it was so please let's just keep blaming the coach on second thought.

It seems to me you want to know everything what happended but again you were not on either bench or in the locker room after the game.

Keep to being an outside observer because you have not fared very well as someone who thinks they are not.....The End
This kid snipes

Maybe if u guys were on the icemen or chiefs you would know
me, im on the icemen
gotothenet

Icemen -

Post by gotothenet »

Bob sORRy not being out here at your beckon call, did you want me to make you some supper, bring you a milk?

Glad to see the lead cow has the whole heard traveling down the same path... you want to talk about sour grapes......reads like alot of embarassed :oops: :oops: icemen players on this board, we can sit here and argue back and forth, but the bottom line is your coach was stupid enough to argue a call...regardless of what it was..... with only seven minutes left in the game....ahead 5 -2.........continue to push the buttons of the referee.....get thrown out of the game and being the ONLY coach on the bench......and ultimately losing the chance for the team to go to the championship.....THE END :!:
TCoachF

Mr. Orr

Post by TCoachF »

You seem very defensive for someone who claims to be in the right. I am very glad that you are defending your coach......It actually tells me that he has earned it in some way. However, you may be an EP kid who is scared to lose his spot if he tells the truth.

I hate to have to point this out but resetting the penalty time IS adding time to the clock. All I did was state the rule.

As for the pegs, the referees actually told us that your coach took it. However, now that we know it was one of your players, that actually makes more sense. It would have surprised me that an ADULT would have done such an immature thing. After watching the players reaction and the complete disregard for their parents money, this last act doesn't shock me in the least. I am actually surprised the idiotic response didn't turn into a full scale beating of the referees.

Either way, except for Soup, I have not heard one sign of remorse for your teams actions and especially from your coach. That just shows where the heads of todays players are........Blame,blame,blame.

Orr....be a man and admit the whole incident was stupid and the team/coach is ashamed for their actions. Until that is done, the Icemen will have a tough time moving forward with any respect from their peers.

PS- Lets get your story straight.......They were not the same referees since that is what you are basing most of the defense of your actions on.