Gophers

hockeymind

Gophers

Post by hockeymind »

Who is going to the gophers next year? <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster27

Re: Gophers

Post by MNPuckster27 »

Blake Wheeler, Breck/USHL<br>R.J. Anderson, Centennial<br>Phil Kessel, NTDP<br>Peter Mueller, Jefferson/NTDP<br>Ryan Stoa, Bloomington Kennedy/NTDP<br>Justin Bostrom, Mounds View/USHL<br>Jeff Frazee, AHA/NTDP<br><br>Thats all I know of, and I believe they are all going there next year. <p></p><i></i>
WBL04GRAD

Post by WBL04GRAD »

WOW, that is a great list of players! They should be great in the upcoming years. <p></p><i></i>
MiSSion

Post by MiSSion »

R.J. Anderson 5'11" 180, D, Centennial H.S.<br>Justin Bostrom 5'9" 170, F, Mounds View H.S./Sioux City Musketeers(USHL)<br>Jeff Frazee 6'0" 190, G, Holy Angels/NTDP under 18 team<br>Ryan Stoa 6'2" 193, F, Bloomington Kennedy/NTDP under 18 team<br>Blake Wheeler 6'4" 185, F, Breck/Green Bay Gamblers(USHL) <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster27

Post by MNPuckster27 »

I've never seen Bostrom play, what does he do well/poorly? He seems to be overshadowed by the other recruites. Does he have a shot to see some ice time next year? <p></p><i></i>
MiSSion

Post by MiSSion »

You posted right before i did, sorry for the double post. <p></p><i></i>
MiSSion

Post by MiSSion »

Here is what i got off gopher sports.<br><br>Justin Bostrom, a 5-9, 170-pound forward from Vadnais Heights, Minn., is in his first full season with the Sioux City Musketeers of the United States Hockey League (USHL). He is yet to see action this year as he is recovering from a bout with mononucleosis. In 13 games last season with the Musketeers, Bostrom tallied two goals and four assists. Prior to his tenure in the USHL, Bostrom excelled at Mounds View High School. He was named AP and Pioneer Press all-state honorable mention, second team Star Tribune all-metro and all-Suburban East Conference in both his sophomore and junior seasons. Last season, Bostrom led the team in scoring with 24-35--59 after finishing eighth in the state in scoring during his sophomore year with 37-32--69. This past summer, Bostrom was a member of the U.S. Under-18 Select Team that captured the gold medal at the Under-18 Junior World Cup.<br><br>Here are some up to date stats on him:<br>32GP 20G 13A 33PTS 32PIM 7+/- <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... MiSSion</A> at: 3/7/05 12:33 am<br></i>
Finn70

Mueller

Post by Finn70 »

Mueller isn't going to be playing for the Gophers until 2006. <p></p><i></i>
hockeymind

Post by hockeymind »

Is the golie from blake going to the gophers? <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster27

Post by MNPuckster27 »

Not that I know of, and I highly doubt it. Next year they will have Briggs (jr) Frazee (fr) and Solei (so.). They wont be bringing in any goalies for a few years. <p></p><i></i>
Newguy99

Post by Newguy99 »

They'll bring in someone soon. Solei has no chance to ever see action, so they will find someone to replace him. Also Briggs only has 2 years left. My guess is that they will bring in someone after next season (for 06-07.) Briggs will play in about half the games next year and see about 2 games his senior year, Frazee is the superior goalie. <p></p><i></i>
Whatwillwork

Post by Whatwillwork »

"They'll bring in someone soon. Solei has no chance to ever see action, so they will find someone to replace him. Also Briggs only has 2 years left. My guess is that they will bring in someone after next season (for 06-07.) Briggs will play in about half the games next year and see about 2 games his senior year, Frazee is the superior goalie."<br><br>They won't bring someone in until Briggs is gone. No reason to, and why would you use up all your scholarship dollars on 3 goalies. The only way Solei will move on is if a walkon beats him out of the 3rd slot. <p></p><i></i>
Newguy99

Post by Newguy99 »

Thanks for repeating my whole post, was it worth it? First of all I know they won't use up all their money on goalies. If they do bring in another goalie it won't be a full scholarship so what's the difference, maybe a halfer at most. Just saying someone will replace Solei. If you only knew how few full scholarships there are out there. That's why it makes sense to bring in someone that can play for cheap. I'm Out! <p></p><i></i>
Whatwillwork

Post by Whatwillwork »

With Briggs and Frazee there, they will not use any scholarship money whatsoever unitl after Briggs is gone. I do know that there are players getting half and quarter scholarships, Solei I believe is getting 0, but, if he is still on the team as a Junior or Senior, Lucia may find a little bit of money for him. <p></p><i></i>
HockeyMan05

Post by HockeyMan05 »

They're seriously stacked for next season...and in the following year you have Mueller and Okopso coming in to help out...this team is truly going to be unbelievable <p></p><i></i>
TheGodfather45

Post by TheGodfather45 »

Why won't Solei every play? I thought he did well in High School and in Juniors. <p></p><i></i>
WBLBEARS06

Post by WBLBEARS06 »

ya solei is good but Briggs being a junior next season will see 90% of the ice time. Solei could play maybe a few games. <p>The curse lives on.....</p><i></i>
2AhockeyOldTimer

frazeee

Post by 2AhockeyOldTimer »

he should start right away, imo. <p></p><i></i>
hockeymind

johnson?

Post by hockeymind »

is johnson a sr this year? <p></p><i></i>
slap my shot

Re: johnson?

Post by slap my shot »

yeah <p></p><i></i>
CENTERstrikes

Post by CENTERstrikes »

Mike Carmen Will be playing for the Gophers also..i think 06 <p></p><i></i>
WBLBEARS06

Post by WBLBEARS06 »

any word on where barriball is going to college? <p>The curse lives on.....</p><i></i>