Best Burger?

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

EREmpireStrikesBack

Best Burger?

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

After seeing all the pizza places, my mouth started watering and burgers came to mind. Here are my 2.

The Royal Burger @ The Royal in Park Rapids.

Any burger (they got like 15 choices) @ King's in Miesville.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Chalet lounge in St. Paul (kinda sleezy) has great burgers
Bentleys in Vadnais Heights is another good burger
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
hawkfan70

Post by hawkfan70 »

The Anchor Bar
Superior WI
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

This is a better thread than the pizza.

Go with Lion's Tap in Eden Prairie, The Nook in St. Paul, or Mickey's in St. Paul.
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Govs93 wrote:The Nook in St. Paul
I've heard good things about The Nook and the Juicy Lucy, worth a trip over that way on my next endeavor though the capital city?
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Govs93 wrote:This is a better thread than the pizza.

Go with Lion's Tap in Eden Prairie, The Nook in St. Paul, or Mickey's in St. Paul.
Spot on with the Lions Tap ! They do the simple things well. Toasted buns

and the grill outside the Fargo Tourney - those burgers always hit the spot.

We had a great spot in Chaska that just closed (poor location - downtown) 1/2 pound burger with over 35 toppings- didn't matter how many toppings still the same price with fries $7.00
fighting all who rob or plunder
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

this would be another great 'bored' bus trip eh?

we would have to stock the fridge with longnecks if we had to pick up elliot
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

hawkfan70 wrote:The Anchor Bar
Superior WI
The Anchor is a classic, and cheap...I also like Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet because it's seasonal and Big Daddy's Burgers in Duluth because their burgers are huge.
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

Kings Place in Miesville, like ERE said they got alot to choose from but the Inferno Burger is my favorite

Newt's in Rochester in also extremly good, only place I've been to were you can get a bacon-cheeseburger topped off with a couple of fried eggs
tomASS

Re: Best Burger?

Post by tomASS »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:After seeing all the pizza places, my mouth started watering and burgers came to mind. Here are my 2.

The Royal Burger @ The Royal in Park Rapids.

Any burger (they got like 15 choices) @ King's in Miesville.

get around do ya?
Mr. McTabish

Post by Mr. McTabish »

Anyone ever had an In & Out burger on the West Coast? They're all the rage. I had one and thought it was awesome, but not as awesome as the hype made it out to be, but apparently you're supposed to order your burger "animal style", where they throw all kinds of stuff on your burger that makes it supreme to all other burgers. I heard thousand island dressing and I don't even know what else, but apparently it's the stuff. And I didn't know that at the time so I just got a standard cheeseburger.

Also down south there is the Steak N Shake, which I had when I went to a rock show at the Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louiseville, Kentucky last summer. Some kind of steak burger served with some delicious ice cream shake, both were a real treat.
who_b_dat

Post by who_b_dat »

tomASS wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Any burger (they got like 15 choices) @ King's in Miesville.
get around do ya?
ER must be a baseball guy. Why else go to Miesville. Talk about Field of Dreams. I love that place!

As to burgers- I thought the Juicy Lucy was the signature dish at a place on Lowrey Ave in Nordeast? (can't think of the name right now) They got another location?

Hard to beat a build it yourself and make it as messy as ya want Fuddrucker.

But, my backyard grill with some good tunes, cold suds and great friends has to be my personal favorite. :D
Last edited by who_b_dat on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Mr. McTabish wrote:Anyone ever had an In & Out burger on the West Coast? They're all the rage. I had one and thought it was awesome, but not as awesome as the hype made it out to be, but apparently you're supposed to order your burger "animal style", where they throw all kinds of stuff on your burger that makes it supreme to all other burgers. I heard thousand island dressing and I don't even know what else, but apparently it's the stuff. And I didn't know that at the time so I just got a standard cheeseburger.

Also down south there is the Steak N Shake, which I had when I went to a rock show at the Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louiseville, Kentucky last summer. Some kind of steak burger served with some delicious ice cream shake, both were a real treat.
I lived on the west coast for period. Oldest was born there, but In and Out comes as far as the Midwest - there was one in Indy when I lived there. The burgers are great but I always think about the classic joke regrading the Polish Sex Manual - In Out Repeat once for the marathoners . Hard ( no pun intended) to think about the burger. Steak and Shake - the classic drunk burger and malt without doing White Castle. An Ohio River Valley Classic. When you order make sure you talk extra extra slow and don't say eh!
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

who_b_dat wrote:
tomASS wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Any burger (they got like 15 choices) @ King's in Miesville.
get around do ya?
ER must be a baseball guy. Why else go to Miesville. Talk about Field of Dreams. I love that place!

As to burgers- I thought the Juicy Lucy was the signature dish at a place on Lowrey Ave in Nordeast? (can't think of the name right now) They got another location?

It wasn't the old "3 Circles" was it???

That was my dad's gas station across the street!

Fud's is the best chain
who_b_dat

Post by who_b_dat »

Well I had to go snooping around on the whole "Juicy Lucy" thing.

Apparently, there is some debate as to where this burger originates. The Nook, Matt's Bar, and the 5-8 Club all claim ownership. http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13168

If one was up to it, they could taste test all three and report back :D
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet.

A&Dubs in West Duluth (ironically, my fav there is called the "Hunter Burger"...I know someone who'd appreciate that :) )

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
TooManyEagles

Post by TooManyEagles »

No. It is not Gordy's. At all. Be quiet. That place is the worst stop between the cities and Orr. Because inevitably the other passengers want it, and everyone gets horribly sick and have to spend 90 minutes with people throwing up into porta-potties in Cloquet.

Please, for the sake of everyone else in your vehicle, just get McDonalds.

As for amazing burgers, the 5-8 Club is my choice for the Juicy Lucy.
The Plymouth Joe Sensers is also good, mainly because it isn't packed and you get 4x better service than anywhere else. The one on France is terrible when Youth Hockey tournaments are going on at the BIG.

The Baconator at Wendy's.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Slim's or the Corner Bar in Bemidji. I have heard some others in and around town but haven't tried them yet.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

who_b_dat wrote:
tomASS wrote:
get around do ya?

But, my backyard grill with some good tunes, cold suds and great friends has to be my personal favorite. :D
Actually on the way to school, but I can attest to the field. Definitely a fun place to be, I swear the whole town and then some comes out for a game.

Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
who_b_dat wrote:
tomASS wrote: get around do ya?

Actually on the way to school, but I can attest to the field. Definitely a fun place to be, I swear the whole town and then some comes out for a game.

Gorgeous.

That's the minnhock road trip.
ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

Micky's in St. Paul

Went there after the first night of the Class A tournament. The best berger I've ever had.
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

White Castle. Gimme 6 Sliders, a side of Nails with a bucket of paint, and a Coke - mmmm good.

AY 8)
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

AngusYoung wrote:White Castle. Gimme 6 Sliders, a side of Nails with a bucket of paint, and a Coke - mmmm good.

AY 8)
What's funny is that if you go there and order that, they know exactly what you're talking about. We ordered something eerily similar at the drive-thru at the one on White Bear Ave. (except we called them "shingles" instead of "sliders"... it may have been sometime after last call - I don't remember :wink: ), the chick never batted an eye, didn't ask any questions to clarify and the order was completely right.
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

Thanks for the tip on Alary's btw. All in all, I would like to have one of the "burgers" walking around that joint - the "uniforms" certainly get better after 8:00 - wow.

AY 8)
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

AngusYoung wrote:Thanks for the tip on Alary's btw. All in all, I would like to have one of the "burgers" walking around that joint - the "uniforms" certainly get better after 8:00 - wow.

AY 8)
You're welcome. I've always enjoyed the *ahem* atmosphere there.