Favorite pre-game ritual

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SotaH0ck14

Favorite pre-game ritual

Post by SotaH0ck14 »

How do you get pumped up for a game?
passer07

Post by passer07 »

listen to music.
SotaH0ck14

Post by SotaH0ck14 »

what kind of music do you listen to?
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

I drop my kid off and go to the local establishment for a pint
and remind myself that goalies will give up goals ( but oh Lord please don't let any of them be soft ones) [-o<
selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

HOW ABOUT PRE-GAME MEALS TOO?

I know I can never go wrong with some nanner-choco chip pancakes, or french toast, or banana/peanut butter sandwhich wit some milk on the side.

But yeah if I have a big game, then I think about it all day, and tape my stick and make sure everything is perfect ya know?
QuackerTracker

Post by QuackerTracker »

tomASS wrote:I drop my kid off and go to the local establishment for a pint
Seems responsable. Glad you are around children
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

QuackerTracker wrote:
tomASS wrote:I drop my kid off and go to the local establishment for a pint
Seems responsable. Glad you are around children
:roll:

1) Learn to spell
2) Drinking legally and responsibly is not a crime nor does it put children
in harm's way in my case unlike your ego-centered refereeing.

go count your ducks

[-X
blueblood

tomASS

Post by blueblood »

Amen brother!
QuackerTracker

Post by QuackerTracker »

There is nothing wrong with drinking. You are right. But there has to be something better to do when you drop your kids off at the rink for a game then go have a beer. How would you feel if you childs coach, ref, or off ice official had a beer before a game. Just does not seem to be right to me. It just seems to me that a positive roll model would do something better when their kids are at the rink than go have a drink.

I can see the locker room now:
Billy: I forgot my skates.
Coach: Where did you dad go.
Billy: To the bar.
Coach: How are we going to get your skates here before the game.

Good lesson for kids.
I am not sure what this has to to with reefereeeing
(sorry if one or two words is spelled wrong. I will work on being perfect like you)[/url]
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

The piece to the puzzle you fail to realize is the parents are the only ones not participating in the game. They're the ones standing around for an hour before the game doing nothing but giving off the appearance of being good role models. Now if one has to operate the clock, keep the score sheet, or run the penalty box then it would be bad form to have a drink before the game.

A bantam kid forgets a piece of equipment, it's a good laugh and a, "how you planning to solve that one?"

Your flawed logic is not worth debating. I feel like you are incapable of defending yourself on any type rational level.

Is it tough blowing the whistle when your foot is constantly in your mouth?

I guess we will be each other's antagonist on this board and provide good fodder for each to play off.
QuackerTracker

Post by QuackerTracker »

How do you have time to play the hockey politics when you are at the bar all the time. I thought that was the time for parents to gain social status by ripping on the coaches, refs and any other problems they see with their local association. You can talk about which AAA team your son is going to play on (the best team you can afford to put him on) how a coach is teaching something wrong, or how one of the 3 highest rated female officials in the country screwed you team at the last game.

Tom lets have some fun! You are the only reason I come to this message board so don't stop now. I hope you know that these are in fun as long as you are responsible at the bar! 8)
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

those topics are for delusional hockey parents and my medication prevents dreams of grandeur, much like my expectations of most referees being consistantly good or your logic being near the norm of society's acceptable level

Yeah says alot when one of your best evaluated referees has a bad night. She didn't screw our team ( which was never stated) but basically screwed the spirit of the game without as much as a kiss on the cheek.
blueblood

pre-game

Post by blueblood »

I think we get the point on this one.

LameDuck/QuackerTracker - tomASS never brought the female ref up in this post, you did.

She may be the #3 rated ref, but she's average at best. I've witnessed her games as a nuetral party. If she's rated #3, that doens't say much for the top 2.
QuackerTracker

Post by QuackerTracker »

blueblood - You have missed the fun that tom and I have been having. This has been going on for about a month. We agree on a lot of thing about how poor the officials are around the world but no one seems to want to do anything about it. I was bringing up an old post which you where not part of it and you probably have no idea what offical I am talking about.

Tom - There are a lot of delusional parents in that Chaska program. As a coach last year I had a chance to meet a lot of them. This is why I am a ref now. But... you should not drink if you are on meds!!! Got ya! :lol:
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

I know exactly who you are talking about. tomASS posted his concerns over her officating after the Chaska - Edina Green game @ Braemar earlier this year.

:wink: I've been actively monitoring this board all season and have had my go rounds with the head Chaska reporter!
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

Shower, stretch, nap, NHL 06, eat a couple hours before
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

QuackerTracker wrote: . But... you should not drink if you are on meds!!! Got ya! :lol:

The meds would be the alcohol - check and mate :lol:
Gully

Re: Favorite pre-game ritual

Post by Gully »

SotaH0ck14 wrote:How do you get pumped up for a game?
Silent in the locker room
QuackerTracker

Post by QuackerTracker »

tomASS wrote:
QuackerTracker wrote: . But... you should not drink if you are on meds!!! Got ya! :lol:

The meds would be the alcohol - check and mate :lol:
you should not be drinking so much to effect you attitude and then driving to the rink. [-X
ohMY

Post by ohMY »

yes- and you sure as heck shouldn't be drinking before you ref a game!