D4 Bantam A

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeykid7

D4 Bantam A

Post by hockeykid7 »

now that the season has started who is going to win district 4??
LightItUp4

Post by LightItUp4 »

I don't know, it really seems up for grabs..I don't think New Prague is as strong as many thought they would be...they are however, a very solid team..
hockeykid7

Post by hockeykid7 »

right now fbo and owatonna are on top of the east and redwood is leading the west...does redwood suprise anyone but me??
LightItUp4

Post by LightItUp4 »

Well, Redwood has one kid whose pretty good, and a ew others, but they are not that good...They did beat Mankato 8-5, with 2 ENG...It will be interesting to see when they have their rematch next week or whenever...Owatonna and Mankato played to a 1-1 tie on friday night...Mankato beat Albert Lea 4-3 today as well..Still can't seem to put a complete game together though..
Miracle1980

D-4 Bantam A

Post by Miracle1980 »

District 4 Bantam A is slightly down this year. I would give Owatonna a slight edge over Redwood Falls, Faribault, New Prague, and Mankato. All these teams should play one goal games against each other though.
Last edited by Miracle1980 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackstraw

parity

Post by jackstraw »

I would agree that D4 is down talent-wise from last year, however there does seem to be more parity.I haven't seen Far. or NP, but judging by like games, there doesn't seem to be much difference between about 5 or 6 teams. Don't rule out AL yet. They have split with Mankato, 4-3 loss and a 3-0 win, and had a very evenly played game with Owatonna , losing 2-0. I still give NP the edge just knowing their roster.
Miracle1980

D-4 Bantam A

Post by Miracle1980 »

Well, you can New Prague to list of contenders. They tied Owatonna tonight 0-0. Very good game.
ZAMBONI

Post by ZAMBONI »

JACKSTRAW. You said Albert Lea played a evenly game with Owatonna but lost the game 2-0. How do you figure this to be evenly played when you did'nt even score a goal? In the hockey terms it's called GETTING SKUNKED. Here we go with the SUGAR COATING again. :D
hockeykid7

Post by hockeykid7 »

MIRACLE,Why would you give owatonna the edge?? they have not played anyone good while faribault and new prague have at least tested them selves against some decent teams...example:lakeville north,dodge county,shattuck,burnsville,tartan,.p.l.,etc. as of the district website owatonna has only played teams like mason city,albert lea,etc.....so far both faribault and New prague have played a lot tougher schedules than owatonna.
Puckhandler

Post by Puckhandler »

JACKSTRAW. You said Albert Lea played a evenly game with Owatonna but lost the game 2-0. How do you figure this to be evenly played when you did'nt even score a goal? In the hockey terms it's called GETTING SKUNKED. Here we go with the SUGAR COATING again.
Zamboni, do you even know anything about the game of hockey? You don't think that a 2-0 game can be evenly played? You must be joking, either that or you have a personal vendetta against jackstraw.

Did you know that you can be outplayed and win? And, thus, vice versa, and most certainly an evenly matched game can end 2-0. A deflection here, a pipe hit there a missed call or a poor call can make all the difference in the world in a 2-0 game.

By the way, I've never heard of getting skunked, please let me know of other hockey terms I'm missing out on. By the way, the only game I've ever heard of getting skunked in is cribbage.
hockeyfreak101

Post by hockeyfreak101 »

i heard NP isnt very good i heard lapic and amboz moved up to high school from some ppl :?
Miracle1980

D-4 Bantam A

Post by Miracle1980 »

hockeykid7,
I never judge a team on strength of schedule. You can make comparisons when teams play head to head though. I've seen Owatonna twice this year. I thought they were a better team against Albert Lea and the game against New Prague was even. I was told by someone I trust that Owatonna outplayed Mankato in their tie. Based on those games, I give Owatonna a slight edge over the other D-4 teams. These 5 teams are so close that the team that gets the best goaltending will win. Just my opinion. By the way, Lapic is playing for New Prague Bantams. He is a good player, but was not the best player on the ice when they played Owatonna.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

To clarify about NP, Lapic is still on bantams. His brother is a sophomore and moved from Bantams to varsity last year.

Ambroz (8th grader) and Olson moved up to the high school team from bantam A team after try outs this year.
dangla8

Post by dangla8 »

faribault will come out on top
no doubt
2 yrs ago with this team they dominated the district and made it to the regional final
np is weak compared to the past yrs
mankato i have heard also is very weak
those were faribaults best compititon
so im gunna have to go with the hard working dedecaded FBo
dangla8

Post by dangla8 »

and ya along with hockeykid7
owattonna is playing a very weak schedule
Last edited by dangla8 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gabT

Post by gabT »

i think that NP has the most depth in the district but the one thing that holds them back is their goaltending. that is why my pick i Faribault
hockeykid7

Post by hockeykid7 »

Faribault played New prague friday night and won 3-1. This was a big game for both teams
Miracle1980

D-4

Post by Miracle1980 »

If Faribault beat New Prague 3-1, then Faribault becomes the favorite in D-4. I thought New Prague and Owatonna were even when I watched that tie game.
dpsaucer5

Post by dpsaucer5 »

who does owatonna have? last year they were a small team with an old rosterare the 1st years that good ?
OU812

D4 Bantam A

Post by OU812 »

I think Faribo and Redwod Falls are the favorites in D4 Bantam A's right now, by a little, over Owatonna, New Prague and Mankato. Albert Lea also has a good team. The District seems pretty even. Redwood Falls is undefeated in District play (and had a much easier time against New Ulm, winning 4-0, than Faribo did in beating NU by one goal). Owatonna and Mankato tied 1-1, and Kato beat NP in November in a shootout. NP won the District last year but is missing Ambroz (playing H.S.), which is a big loss. Owatonna is the defending Silver Region BA champ (and Kato was actually the champ at regions in 04-05, right dangla?)

Palusky from Redwood Falls is the best player in D4, from what I've seen so far.
dangla8

Post by dangla8 »

is that suppose to be a smart a** comment OU812
dpsaucer5

Post by dpsaucer5 »

does anyone know about the Owatonna roster? they were low on numbers last year and had mostly 2nd years. if they are decent does that mean that they have some good 1st yrs?
OU812

Post by OU812 »

yeah it was, why?
ZAMBONI

WHERE IS JOSHDOG THIS YEAR.

Post by ZAMBONI »

Where is the albert lea bantam coach this year. Last year all we would hear about is albert lea. Are they having a bad year this season? Maybe the albert lea chant is not working this year. ALBERT LEA, ALBERT LEA, ALBERT LEA. :lol:
RSI

Post by RSI »

Look at HOTSHOT, just trolling around a youth hockey message board to take shots at Albert Lea and their coach.