State of Hockey mourning 15-year-old killed in car accident

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 »

The Minnesota teenager was a rising star on the Luverne High School team.
BRINGMETHENEWS2 HOURS AGO
Carter M. Braun
Luverne Hockey, Twitter

Hockey teams from all around Minnesota have reached out to the family and friends of a 15-year-old hockey star who died in a car accident.

Carter Braun, 15, of Reading, Minnesota, died from injuries sustained an incident near Lismore on Saturday, according to his obituary, via the Worthington Globe. The Nobles County Sheriff's Office says the crash happened around 2:49 a.m., and was a single-vehicle rollover that ejected Braun and another 15-year-old from the 2004 Ford pickup.

The other teen in the truck suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital.

Word of Braun's death has quickly spread throughout the State of Hockey after his high school team paid tribute to him on Twitter.

"Luverne Hockey suffered a tremendous loss yesterday afternoon. Carter Braun played hockey for Luverne starting in mini mites and up until his passing yesterday. Carter was a member of our Luverne High School team and was a bright, up and coming star in our program."

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Cardinals Puck
@cardinalspuck
Luverne Hockey suffered a tremendous loss yesterday afternoon. Carter Braun played hockey for Luverne starting in mini mites and up until his passing yesterday. Carter was a member of our Luverne High School team and was a bright, up and coming star in our program.

11:43 AM - Jun 23, 2019
69 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Among the many hockey programs offering condolences to Braun's family, friends and hockey family, has been the head coach of the state champion St. Cloud Cathedral Crusaders, Derrick Brown.

"Terrible news and so sad," Brown wrote, via Cathedral hockey's Twitter account. "Carter was a great young man. He and his family were always so supportive of me in my 6 years down in Luverne. Thoughts and prayers to the Braun Family."

Brown coached in Luverne prior to taking the head coaching job in St. Cloud in 2015.

Hockey teams from Redwood Valley, Sioux Falls, Fergus Falls and Brookings have reached out, as has former Gopher great Pat Micheletti: "So sad to hear! Prayers to the family and I know I speak for the whole state of hockey!!"

Cardinals Puck
@cardinalspuck
· 23h
Carter’s passing will leave a huge hole in our Luverne Hockey family. We would like to express our sincerest condolences to Andy, Kim, Easton and Jayce as well as their entire family.

Pat Micheletti

@patmick2626
So sad to hear! Prayers to the family and I know I speak for the whole state of hockey!!

11:55 AM - Jun 23, 2019 · Eagan, MN
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Pat Micheletti's other Tweets
TAGSMINNESOTALUVERNEHOCKEYFATAL CRASHHIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY
State of Hockey mourning 15-year-old killed in car accident - Bring Me The News

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-ne ... r-accident