Edina Squirt A - What's Up?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Both teams are in the tournament of champions!!!
yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

Tigers33 wrote:Both teams are in the tournament of champions!!!
Golf clap..... My understanding is this tournament is a joke..Many of the top teams couldn't even qualify. I give you credit though, at least you didn't call it the "state tournament" like I've seen others call it..
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

My point is this...people are actually complaining about Edina yet according to youth hockey hub their two teams are ranked #5 and #6. Seriously? Quit whining!!

As for the T.O.C. It looks like 6 of the top 11 teams are their and 7 of the top 17. That's a pretty good tournament still. Eh golf clap boy?
Cakeville

Post by Cakeville »

workedhardhavefun wrote:Its easy to sit back and say all this stuff when you hide behind your user name. Have some balls and either put your name on this site, leave the association if your unhappy, or pick up the phone and call the coaches. There pretty nice guys!

Ive had a child on a C team, a B team, and an A team. The Moms I know only care about if their kid is playing well, is safe, and if there is another nice mom to sit and chat with in the stands...come on! There is no buddy system behind the scenes.

Cathy Williams
The buddy system exists to the extent that there are some coaches that end up on teams their son has no business playing on…either through "buddying up" with other coaches or simple name-recognition politicking. I've seen it happen at PW and SQ levels…it's not prevalent, but it does exist. There are already some names popping up for vacant Squirt A coaching spot(s) for next year….which is fine if they are willing to accept that they may not end up coaching their own kid.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

Cakeville wrote:There are already some names popping up for vacant Squirt A coaching spot(s) for next year….which is fine if they are willing to accept that they may not end up coaching their own kid.
Of course there are names popping up. Any association will have names coming up by now if there are coaching vacancies for next year. It's up to the board to ensure that, if they choose parent coaches, the kids are worthy of a spot.